Value of: Ben Chiarot can bring a 1st pick?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chiarot can bring a 1st pick?

• Total voters

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
He’s got 9 points in 45 games and a team worst -27 and a rental - and on IR for a reason

People really believe they are getting a first for this guy ? I second is pushing it

He will, or a former 1st round prospect. Then you will come and say, yeah that GM is stupid. Indeed he will be stupid, but Chiarot will be traded for that kind of value wherever you like it or not. Just pray it's not your team. i sure would be pissed if it was mine.

Reactions: Deam78

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Based on your history of posting, you clearly have a hate on for the Habs. More than your average bear for sure!

Keep posting.. it’s basically just noise at this stage
He’s right though - why would anyone give up a first for this guy

Gorton should be ecstatic to get a 2

this first seems like wishful thinking by Canadian media and fans

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
He will, or a former 1st round prospect. Then you will come and say, yeah that GM is stupid. Indeed he will be stupid, but Chiarot will be traded for that kind of value wherever you like it or not. Just pray it's not your team. i sure would be pissed if it was mine.
0.0 he’s going for a first

Colorado Florida Vegas Carolina Calgary already traded their first

ain’t happening

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
doesn't mean they are limited to this years' draft only
2023 being compared to 1979 and 2003 quality and quantity don’t see it

we will know in 5 weeks I’m Gorton I’ll be ecstatic with a second

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Why do I feel like he'll get traded for 2 2nds or a 2nd and a nice prospect and people on both sides will keep on arguing whether the package was worth a first ?

Reactions: Habs Halifax

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Why do I feel like he'll get traded for 2 2nds or a 2nd and a nice prospect and people on both sides will keep on arguing whether the package was worth a first ?
I think Chiarot will get a 2nd + a very good prospect. There aren't many 1st rounder left this year and I don't think teams want to trade 1st pick from next year.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Dregs was on insider trading tonight again saying chiarot will bring 1st and prospect. I just can’t see it. Seems like a lotta rental d available. Feels more like a 2nd and decent but not great prospect to me.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Dregs was on insider trading tonight again saying chiarot will bring 1st and prospect. I just can’t see it. Seems like a lotta rental d available. Feels more like a 2nd and decent but not great prospect to me.
Everyone in here thinking there smarter then GM’s and neglecting one simple truth. We are fans most times our fandom can span generations and thus we always choose long term. GM’s are employees and generally have a five year horizon. For most teams if they feel they have a shot there gonna take it because that player may never help them but they sure as shit will remember not taking their swing when they had the chance.

Reactions: Deam78

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal
It's like the 5th insider to say so, kinda bold for people to always says we are not getting a 1st for Chiarot...was really good in the playoff last year on the top pairing, GMs took note.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Everyone in here thinking there smarter then GM’s and neglecting one simple truth. We are fans most times our fandom can span generations and thus we always choose long term. GM’s are employees and generally have a five year horizon. For most teams if they feel they have a shot there gonna take it because that player may never help them but they sure as shit will remember not taking their swing when they had the chance.
Fair enough. But if you got one swing to take, you really wanna take it with Chiarot? How many teams are truly a #4d away from Cup?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He’s right though - why would anyone give up a first for this guy

Gorton should be ecstatic to get a 2

this first seems like wishful thinking by Canadian media and fans

Before the 1st narrative came along, my expectation was two 2nds or something equivalent.

I can’t be bothered with the style of debating for that other poster.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Fair enough. But if you got one swing to take, you really wanna take it with Chiarot? How many teams are truly a #4d away from Cup?
Tampa changed the narrative with the acquisition of Coleman and Goodrow, it’s called silly season for a reason righ

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
It's like the 5th insider to say so, kinda bold for people to always says we are not getting a 1st for Chiarot...was really good in the playoff last year on the top pairing, GMs took note.
It’s an echo chamber. They all talk to same guys. Maybe someone pays that for him. He is decent player but track record of teams dealing 1st for rentals isn’t good. I guess savard worked out for Tampa but they most likely woulda won without him. And with Colorado looking so formidable it could make teams out west especially even more reluctant to go all in on rentals.

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal
It’s an echo chamber. They all talk to same guys. Maybe someone pays that for him. He is decent player but track record of teams dealing 1st for rentals isn’t good. I guess savard worked out for Tampa but they most likely woulda won without him. And with Colorado looking so formidable it could make teams out west especially even more reluctant to go all in on rentals.
We will see, Calgary kinda put the pressure on other team with the Toffoli trade. It's not like teams cannot extend Chiarot, he is only 30. There's to many people saying we will get a 1st+ prospect for him, so i'm pretty sure a first is a lock.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
We will see, Calgary kinda put the pressure on other team with the Toffoli trade. It's not like teams cannot extend Chiarot, he is only 30. There's to many people saying we will get a 1st+ prospect for him, so i'm pretty sure a first is a lock.
Who is gonna pay it? Maybe Florida but they are rumored in on every d. Maybe flames but they just dealt their 1st. Blues unlikely to deal 1st for rental unless they use it to pawn off longer term salary. I don’t see Carolina dealing 1st for him. Is la really gonna deal 1st where they are at in rebuild? Maybe Boston?

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal
Who is gonna pay it? Maybe Florida but they are rumored in on every d. Maybe flames but they just dealt their 1st. Blues unlikely to deal 1st for rental unless they use it to pawn off longer term salary. I don’t see Carolina dealing 1st for him. Is la really gonna deal 1st where they are at in rebuild? Maybe Boston?
Florida and Toronto are my best guesses. Boston is a strong possibility as well. I don't see Stlouis doing it but they pop up on the Chiarot rumors for a long time now, so who knows. A trade and sign is possible and we can retain salary as well, lots of possibility. We are getting a first, too many people reported it, just like in the case with Toffoli (I know he is not a ufa).

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Florida and Toronto are my best guesses. Boston is a strong possibility as well. I don't see Stlouis doing it but they pop up on the Chiarot rumors for a long time now, so who knows. We are getting a first, too many people reported it, just like in the case with Toffoli (I know he is not a ufa).
You may be right. Feels like Florida will pay up for a d, whether it’s him or someone else. Blues want a d but they seem unlikely to deal 1st unless they get some term. If price is too high on Chiarot and gio, maybe St. Louis deals 2nd for Leddy or someone. But Boston is running out of chances with this core and could pay up. And leaf’s paid up for grit last year so maybe they do it again, although they likely lose in 1st round again either way.

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal
You may be right. Feels like Florida will pay up for a d, whether it’s him or someone else. Blues want a d but they seem unlikely to deal 1st unless they get some term. If price is too high on Chiarot and gio, maybe St. Louis deals 2nd for Leddy or someone. But Boston is running out of chances with this core and could pay up. And leaf’s paid up for grit last year so maybe they do it again, although they likely lose in 1st round again either way.
Leddy and Chiarot are not the same kind of D though, depends on what you guys need. The biggest competition for us is Manson in Anaheim, and the asking price is about the same.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Leddy and Chiarot are not the same kind of D though, depends on what you guys need. The biggest competition for us is Manson in Anaheim, and the asking price is about the same.
Blues need LHD that can play with Parayko against tough competition. Ideally a player who was combination of what Chiarot and Leddy or gio bring, but those guys don’t grow on trees. We had hoped Scandella could more or less handle but he has struggled with turnovers when under pressure. Mikkola has done better but he’s not great on outlet either (he’s not really top pairing guy). We lean heavily on Parayko, Faulk, and Krug and could really use 4th guy that can play tough minutes. JayBo was smart and steady, didn’t lose many battles cleanly, and got puck out with possession and that is what we are missing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad