Value of: Ben Chiarot can bring a 1st pick?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chiarot can bring a 1st pick?

• Total voters

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Okay sounds good for the other teams but that doesn't help Montreal.

Teams will pay more for Chariot at a $1.75 than they would for Chariot at his full $3.5 cap hit. If his injury allows teams to stash him and avoid any retention, that only hurts Montreal. Not to mention the general uncertainty around trading for a guy on the shelf.
yeah, I def wouldn't be sending a 1st for a guy that you can't use until the playoffs, then insert him not knowing how he'll play, or who he plays best with
bad timing on the injury

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
That seems a bit rich from a fan of team which traded a 1st + 2x4th for 11 games of Foligno (0 goals) and an elimination in 1st round of PO against a very poorly manages team (and there is no denying this is a very poorly managed team) ;)

@AvatarAang is 100% a troll. Provides nothing don't waste your time.

Take a quick look at their post history.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
yeah, I def wouldn't be sending a 1st for a guy that you can't use until the playoffs, then insert him not knowing how he'll play, or who he plays best with
bad timing on the injury

The post directly above yours indicates he'll only be out short term.

Sorry to disappoint.

Reactions: Doc5

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
The post directly above yours indicates he'll only be out short term.

Sorry to disappoint.
yeah... guess it was posting at the same time I was writing mine

that being said, my post was a reply to someone proposing that Chariot be out until the playoffs, which puts my reply in context

that's important to consider, thx

Reactions: Canadienna

Jan 21, 2018
@AvatarAang is 100% a troll. Provides nothing don't waste your time.

Take a quick look at their post history.

Habs fans spent all summer trolling because they thought their team was good. They trolled Toronto and Winnipeg fans ignoring the fact that both teams lost a #1C in Game 1.

So when the habs get hit by injuries and have an embarrassing season, you expect everyone else to keep quiet?

All I’m doing is returning the favour and simply stating facts. Please feel free to correct me if you feel that the habs have managed their assets properly, I’d love to see some concrete examples of how your organization isn’t a complete mess right now.

Jan 21, 2018
That seems a bit rich from a fan of team which traded a 1st + 2x4th for 11 games of Foligno (0 goals) and an elimination in 1st round of PO against a very poorly manages team (and there is no denying this is a very poorly managed team) ;)

What does this thread have anything to do with Toronto? It’s shocking how you memorized the exact output of last year’s playoff rental that Leaf fans have already forgotten about, we are focused on this year’s playoffs. I guess it kind of makes sense that habs fans have extra time this season to remember insignificant details.

I understand that the Leafs are the center of the hockey universe and that trolls can’t stop talking about them, but let’s try and stay on topic so we don’t derail the thread.

Just a reminder, my original post indicated that Montreal is terrible at managing their assets. Habs fans can either use facts to prove me wrong, or just use the easy way out and call me a troll.

Reactions: Mandalorian

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
Habs fans spent all summer trolling because they thought their team was good. They trolled Toronto and Winnipeg fans ignoring the fact that both teams lost a #1C in Game 1.

So when the habs get hit by injuries and have an embarrassing season, you expect everyone else to keep quiet?

All I’m doing is returning the favour and simply stating facts. Please feel free to correct me if you feel that the habs have managed their assets properly, I’d love to see some concrete examples of how your organization isn’t a complete mess right now.

You forget all the tolling that went from the Leafs direction to the Habs up until they were leading the series 3-1. Regardless, of how this season is going for the Habs, the Leafs meltdown of the past 2 summers is nothing to be sneeze at. Also, your last paragraph is quite premature, the new management team is literally being assembled. Normally people that are not biased would give it some time before handing out judgment.

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
I'm convinced Montreal funded this Chiarot propaganda before the season started and now everyone seems to think this guy is worth a first.

Reminds me of that Eichel trade fiasco with Calgary. Kevin Weekes made up a ridiculously good offer from Calgary to get Vegas to raise their bid.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Foligno and Savard got a first last year so anything is possible my friend!
Those players last year anyway carried a lot more weight than Chariot who is more a depth guy, not someone that will put you over the top. I could see a B or B+ prospect and a 3rd at best.

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal
Those players last year anyway carried a lot more weight than Chariot who is more a depth guy, not someone that will put you over the top. I could see a B or B+ prospect and a 3rd at best.
Yes Foligno really put Toronto over the top and Savard played on the 3rd pairing in Tampa, stop embarasing yourself :help:

Eric Engels said yesterday that more than 12 teams contacted Hughes for Chiarot who was playing top pairing minutes last year in the long playoffs run for Mtl…we will get a first.

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal
Looks like Montreal mismanaged yet another asset, Chiarot’s value takes a significant hit due to injury.

Habs fans told us all season chiarot will land them a late 1st from a playoff team (the same price they traded their recent 3rd overall pick for).

Looks like nothing has changed even after firing their GM and coach, this organization is still a complete mess.
We won more playoff rounds in 2 years than the Leafs since 2001 and you call us a mess :laugh:

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Yes Foligno really put Toronto over the top and Savard played on the 3rd pairing in Tampa, stop embarasing yourself :help:

Eric Engels said yesterday that more than 12 teams contacted Hughes for Chiarot who was playing top pairing minutes last year in the long playoffs run for Mtl…we will get a first.
I am not saying those guys put teams over the top, but they were still at the time little bit bigger names than Chariot. Just because 12 teams contacted Hughes, does not mean anything, apparently the Bruins had at least 12 teams contact them about Jake DeBrusk and he has not been traded yet, maybe 12 teams , but does not mean the offers were good.

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal
:laugh: :laugh: Chiarot 9 points in 44 games and a -27 He's even worse then Nick Leddy and both are the same age. There's no freaking way Chiarot returns a 1st round pick not even close late 2nd at best like Leddy.
Not the same type of player...Chiarot is build for the playoff. +- doesn't mean shit, I remember young Ovy being +45 and he was one of the worst defensive player in the league. For example, our team is -85 in goal differential, so -27 is not that bad, considering it all lol.

TomKosto

Oct 17, 2017
Montréal
you might consider the market, who spent those first round picks for the specific players you mentioned.
I could see Florida going all in a la Tampa and I could also see Toronto spending an other first pour a rental. Dubas is on the hot seat.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I could see Florida going all in a la Tampa and I could also see Toronto spending an other first pour a rental. Dubas is on the hot seat.
i can see toronto getting desperate again. but i think it would take a muzzin season ending injury before the trade deadline to get them in the market for chiarot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad