Value of: Ben Chiarot can bring a 1st pick?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chiarot can bring a 1st pick?

• Total voters

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
The difference is thats season the best player available was pageau, kovalchuk, trochek, toffoli, zucker, martinez, dillon

This season ita giroux, hertl, pavelski, klinberg, chychrun lindholm, giordano, kessel...

I give you the choice
Lehkonen for a 1st or
cal clutterbuck for a 3rd,
Or rakell for a 2nd as exemple

who do you choose? The choice is pretty easy
Rackell is available for a 2nd?? I don't think so.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Rackell is available for a 2nd?? I don't think so.

With all those rental Player available some player value will drop. If they have like 6 team really serious to upgrade their foward group . They will go for pavelski, hertl, jt miller and giroux first. The 2 team who didn't get one of them will go with consolation choice like rakell, kessel, statsny, copp, radulov... so YES i think it will be very hard for anaheim to get more than a 2nd pick for Rakell because of the depht and quality of player available.

Same thing with chiarot for a 1st with inberg, ristolainen, chychrun, lindholm, manson, miller, braun, subban, de haan...

McPhees Moustache

Dec 11, 2021
Calgary
With all those rental Player available some player value will drop. If they have like 6 team really serious to upgrade their foward group . They will go for pavelski, hertl, jt miller and giroux first. The 2 team who didn't get one of them will go with consolation choice like rakell, kessel, statsny, copp, radulov... so YES i think it will be very hard for anaheim to get more than a 2nd pick for Rakell because of the depht and quality of player available.

Same thing with chiarot for a 1st with inberg, ristolainen, chychrun, lindholm, manson, miller, braun, subban, de haan...

I think it depends what they want to upgrade - you're not going after giroux/pavelski/hertl if you're happy with your top six but specifically lacking an all situations 3rd line winger that can PK and chip in a few goals. If this is what a team identifies as a need I haven't seen many names out there better than Lehkonen

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
To me Chariot at 50% for a 1st is a done deal

An injury could happen at anytime and mtl needs assets …

dumpin

Jul 6, 2010
You must be an NHL scout with such great knowledge like that lol. Again you are just biased with your hard on hating the Habs. By the way I don't know if you watch the game or not, but the Habs are not doing well this year. If you judge based on a bad year the stats tend to be worse.

Nota I really dont hate the habs. I respect their tradition and I think you did well in hiring Gorton.

Its just that when fans are delusional (as I see it anyway) about their players in these trade proposals, I cant shut up. On Suzuki, I like him as a player but he is overpaid at this stage of his career and at his current level of production. Yes I like Lek and Chariot, BUT at the right price.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
1304.jpg

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
The difference with all of those guys and chiarot is contracts. Chiarot is way cheaper and is a ufa at seasons end. Way easier to make a trade on an expiring contract
Lindholm, Klingberg and Manson are all on expiring contracts as well and only about 600k difference.

Edit: Except Lindholm. He's the only one with a substantially higher cap hit

Last edited:

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
The difference with all of those guys and chiarot is contracts. Chiarot is way cheaper and is a ufa at seasons end. Way easier to make a trade on an expiring contract

Chiarot - Expires July 1, 2022 $3.5 mil
Manson - Expires July 1, 2022 $4.1mil
Lindholm - Expires July 1, 2022 $5.2 mil
Klingberg - Expires July 1, 2022 - $4.25 mil.

All but Chychrun expire at season's end. The contract difference doesn't make Chiarot "way cheaper".

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Would MTL take the Blues Perunovich for him? He’s a very highly regarded puck moving defender. That’s actually a really high price for a rental.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Lindholm, Klingberg and Manson are all on expiring contracts as well and only about 600k difference.

True but the Ducks are in a playoff spot so I don't see why they would trade away Lindholm and Manson. The Stars are also competing for the playoffs so if they trade away Klingberg, they would trade away Pavelski too which I doubt they want to do. Chychrun is being held out for an Eichel-like return which is very different than a 1st for Chiarot.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

The market for Klingberg and Chiarot is probably different since they're almost polar opposites. We don't know if Lindholm and Manson will be available. I imagine the Ducks will be working pretty hard to re-sign (or get an idea if they can re-sign) Lindholm and Manson and Chiarot might have different markets based on NTCs.

Would MTL take the Blues Perunovich for him? He’s a very highly regarded puck moving defender. That’s actually a really high price for a rental.

Hard to tell. We don't know what kind of players Hughes might target. They're open to prospects they like over picks, but I don't know if they'd actually regard Perunovich that highly.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
True but the Ducks are in a playoff spot so I don't see why they would trade away Lindholm and Manson. The Stars are also competing for the playoffs so if they trade away Klingberg, they would trade away Pavelski too which I doubt they want to do. Chychrun is being held out for an Eichel-like return which is very different than a 1st for Chiarot.

The market for Klingberg and Chiarot is probably different since they're almost polar opposites. We don't know if Lindholm and Manson will be available. I imagine the Ducks will be working pretty hard to re-sign (or get an idea if they can re-sign) Lindholm and Manson and Chiarot might have different markets based on NTCs.

Hard to tell. We don't know what kind of players Hughes might target. They're open to prospects they like over picks, but I don't know if they'd actually regard Perunovich that highly.

Oh definitely. I was only making comments about what the other poster said about the contracts. I see Klingberg being traded before the TDL no matter what due to him requesting a trade and them burying him to the 3rd pair to.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Nota I really dont hate the habs. I respect their tradition and I think you did well in hiring Gorton.

Its just that when fans are delusional (as I see it anyway) about their players in these trade proposals, I cant shut up. On Suzuki, I like him as a player but he is overpaid at this stage of his career and at his current level of production. Yes I like Lek and Chariot, BUT at the right price.

How is a player making 880k and on pace for like 55-60 points is being overpaid?

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Chiarot - Expires July 1, 2022 $3.5 mil
Manson - Expires July 1, 2022 $4.1mil
Lindholm - Expires July 1, 2022 $5.2 mil
Klingberg - Expires July 1, 2022 - $4.25 mil.

All but Chychrun expire at season's end. The contract difference doesn't make Chiarot "way cheaper".

Manson seems to be the only comparable. Chychrun apparently already has a team having matched the Coyotes ask.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
He's rfa tho and he's better at hockey

He's not better. They're comparable but at best they're equal. Goodrow has outscored him over the past few seasons and is a more versatile player who can play center well and has that game the style of game tailored for the playoffs.

Last edited:

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007

Common you should know the Habs have the best players in the league and everyone else is overrated.

Reactions: dumpin

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Imo hes worth a 1st

He doesnt get a ton of points. That's the only way he isnt worth a 1st. So the question is, how much is every other part of the game worth? He is big, mobile, he hits, he kills penalties. He also has a track record of excelling in the playoffs (I think I remember that one right). Most of all, he plays a ton of minutes. More than Petry on his team even

It matters what your team needs. Imo for my Oilers, he slots in beautifully at 2nd LD. Or, he makes the bottom pairing into an alternate 2nd pairing. He would be a great complement to our RDs: Bouchard, Ceci, Barrie

Perfect guy for Boston. I can see Boston offering say
2 2nd's and a 3rd. If they go 1st Rd they may try to
get a 4th rd back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad