Value of: Ben Chiarot can bring a 1st pick?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chiarot can bring a 1st pick?

• Total voters

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Habs fans spent all summer trolling because they thought their team was good. They trolled Toronto and Winnipeg fans ignoring the fact that both teams lost a #1C in Game 1.

So when the habs get hit by injuries and have an embarrassing season, you expect everyone else to keep quiet?

All I’m doing is returning the favour and simply stating facts. Please feel free to correct me if you feel that the habs have managed their assets properly, I’d love to see some concrete examples of how your organization isn’t a complete mess right now.
You have some valid points...........Habs did lucky last year in the playoffs, most habs fans realize this........
That being said, would you rather have an embarassing season, or an embarrassing playoffs?
I know what most would say............

Anyhow as for Big Ben Chariot, the slippery slope of supply and demand will rule......if 10-12 teams are calling then he will have a good return. It's just that simple...

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
:laugh: :laugh: Chiarot 9 points in 44 games and a -27 He's even worse then Nick Leddy and both are the same age. There's no freaking way Chiarot returns a 1st round pick not even close late 2nd at best like Leddy.
One of them's an Offensive D-man that disappears in the playoffs
The other's a big defensive d-man that gets even better when refs don't use their whistle

WORST possible comparable ever. GMs will actually value a Charot a LOT more than people seem to realize come playoff time.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
One of them's an Offensive D-man that disappears in the playoffs
The other's a big defensive d-man that gets even better when refs don't use their whistle

WORST possible comparable ever. GMs will actually value a Charot a LOT more than people seem to realize come playoff time.
I'm just comparing age wise and playing style, Chiarot is a bottom pairing Dman and sorry they don't go for 1st round picks.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Paul Gaustad and Mathew Barnaby fetched 1sts at the deadline, for being "solid rough and tumble" playoff types. (outcomes: disaster). I think someone even gave up a first for like a 35 year old David Legwand?
So...you gave three examples of awful trades that backfired for GM's. You don't think GM's learn from the repeated mistakes of other GM's? On the other hand, Toronto did one of these last year with Foligno, so you may be right. A lot of stupidity rears its head when GM's get desperate, but really, you could use the same logic for any grinder in the league. Zack Kassian could be worth a 1st if a GM is dumb enough to trade a 1st for him.

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
So...you gave three examples of awful trades that backfired for GM's. You don't think GM's learn from the repeated mistakes of other GM's? On the other hand, Toronto did one of these last year with Foligno, so you may be right. A lot of stupidity rears its head when GM's get desperate, but really, you could use the same logic for any grinder in the league. Zack Kassian could be worth a 1st if a GM is dumb enough to trade a 1st for him.

i wasnt even right about the first for barnaby

Reactions: ManofSteel55

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
:laugh: :laugh: Chiarot 9 points in 44 games and a -27 He's even worse then Nick Leddy and both are the same age. There's no freaking way Chiarot returns a 1st round pick not even close late 2nd at best like Leddy.

Based on your history of posting, you clearly have a hate on for the Habs. More than your average bear for sure!

Keep posting.. it’s basically just noise at this stage

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
You know you can get a 2023 1st also right?
It's still a genuine question though. Rentals don't normally get future firsts because the team trading for them may not have them on their roster by next season, and if a team already traded a first this year they will be more hesitant to get rid of another first.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I'm just comparing age wise and playing style, Chiarot is a bottom pairing Dman and sorry they don't go for 1st round picks.
30 years old for a Dman is still well within their prime. As for playing style, there have been top 4 Dmen before who didnt put up a ton of points. Maybe with the right partner he could be like a Methot.

It's also hard to justify a position that he is bottom pairing when by minutes he is top line, or at least 2nd pairing. I know they are not a great team but there is parity in the league. Chiarot was even putting up 23+ minutes a night when Petry and Weber were leading the way

Reactions: KotkaZuki

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
It's still a genuine question though. Rentals don't normally get future firsts because the team trading for them may not have them on their roster by next season, and if a team already traded a first this year they will be more hesitant to get rid of another first.
I dont see that either. Well maybe if there were an extension agreed on right away. But that takes away some benefit of a rental in that it's nice to try them out before committing to the next deal

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
He’s got 9 points in 45 games and a team worst -27 and a rental - and on IR for a reason

People really believe they are getting a first for this guy ? I second is pushing it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad