OT: Bears & NFL Talk 88

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Bears dont have 1st round pick this year and that is going to hurt

This will take years to fix and the Bears dont have much value on roster to trade away for more picks

Fields will need to pan out next year. Shows promise but next year is make or break for Bears organization
Ya, it’s a bleak situation but a good QB can accelerate things and land you some values through free agency

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Ya, it’s a bleak situation but a good QB can accelerate things and land you some values through free agency

True

Still need to see more from Fields

Also he and Mooney need to get shit together. The fact they cant seem to function together while Mooney has had success with everyone not Fields at QB is issue going forward

Mooney is the only WR worth a damn on roster and who has a future with organization

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Mister X

Sponsor
Dec 15, 2010
IL
I’ll admit I didn’t watch this game at all, but reading some of these posts and seeing how some people are already willing to toss Kmet is laughable.

With this current coaching staff and lackluster play calling I’m willing to give Kmet more time to grow into a role before giving up on him. Especially on a team that is dangerously thin at talent.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I’ll admit I didn’t watch this game at all, but reading some of these posts and seeing how some people are already willing to toss Kmet is laughable.

With this current coaching staff and lackluster play calling I’m willing to give Kmet more time to grow into a role before giving up on him. Especially on a team that is dangerously thin at talent.

Playcalling/Coaching have nothing to do with his embarrassing effort out there today

Also part of reason team is potentially thin in talent at TE is because we have Kmet starting at TE and playing poorly

Why exactly should he get more time to grow? He has shown very little to warrant anything more then competing for playing time and roster spot next camp

His days should be over if we see same shit come August

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Kmet hasn't exactly shown ability to get open or have particularly good hands. He is decent with ball in his hands, but thats about it. Average blocker.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Kmet hasn't exactly shown ability to get open or have particularly good hands. He is decent with ball in his hands, but thats about it. Average blocker.

Average blocker? He barely does any blocking at least it feels that way with his effort

There isn't anything about his game that is worth praise or even would qualify as average IMO

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

madgoat33

May 16, 2010

He drops passes and plays small. I don't think either of those is due to the fact its his second season, i think he's just not very good.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Playcalling/Coaching have nothing to do with his embarrassing effort out there today

Also part of reason team is potentially thin in talent at TE is because we have Kmet starting at TE and playing poorly

Why exactly should he get more time to grow? He has shown very little to warrant anything more then competing for playing time and roster spot next camp

His days should be over if we see same shit come August
Why would his days be over? Why the all or nothing take again? Demonstrate how he's worse than Horstead, JJ, or any random 2-3 Te. His blocking is solid and good a lot. It's not like he's a receiver only body. There's no rational to any thought of him losing a roster spot.

An offense won't change much but he's not shown to be good catching in traffic. I kinda only expected him to just be a Des Clark or Martellus Bennett type, not some elite receiver TE. He doesn't have that in him, but that doesn't mean you cut him. That's just making comparisons to high end talent for no benefit. You can still add to the TE pool regardless of him, it's the money to Graham that limits it more.

Reactions: Mister X

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Watching Romo on the Steelers/Ravens game. I love when he mocks the QB's pre-snap jargon and tells the viewer where the play is going or what the left tackle is going to do and the QB's read all before the ball is snapped. It shows how terrible most of the analysts for any sport are in comparison.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
no reward for going into OT, I'd rather just go for it there too and put the game on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad