Boston Bruins Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
He is the last of the 2011 crew is he not ?
Not as sad as when Patrice retired , but will be right up there. Not too often a player stays with the same team for their entire career, but the B's had Patrice, Brad, Krecji (not counting Euro). Pretty lucky.
And Tuukka

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
He is the last of the 2011 crew is he not ?
Not as sad as when Patrice retired , but will be right up there. Not too often a player stays with the same team for their entire career, but the B's had Patrice, Brad, Krecji (not counting Euro). Pretty lucky.
I will be very sad when Brad is done. The guy works so hard and deserves everything. How dull it will be.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I will be very sad when Brad is done. The guy works so hard and deserves everything. How dull it will be.

Went on a bus trip to Nova Scotia and PEI last week. Our tour guide in NS was a former school principal who had Sidney Crosby as one of his students. His wife was also a teacher. He said, "She taught Brad Marchand. Well, she tried to teach him".

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Went on a bus trip to Nova Scotia and PEI last week. Our tour guide in NS was a former school principal who had Sidney Crosby as one of his students. His wife was also a teacher. He said, "She taught Brad Marchand. Well, she tried to teach him".
haha, love it, PEI beautiful, so too is NS in general as an ex resident of 17 years there

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I know this isn't popular and is probably even less likely to happen than it is popular, but I want this team to be able to use:

Lindholm, Zacha, Coyle as their top three centers.

Freddy- Lindholm - Pasta
Marchand - Zacha - Poitras/Johnson/Lysell
Geekie - Coyle - Poitras/Johnson/Brazeau/Lysell
Jones - Beecher - Kastelic

Lots of possibilities!

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I watched most of yesterday's Bruins-Rangers games. Didn't see much from Lysell except one good backcheck. Barely heard his name.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
I know this isn't popular and is probably even less likely to happen than it is popular, but I want this team to be able to use:

Lindholm, Zacha, Coyle as their top three centers.

Freddy- Lindholm - Pasta
Marchand - Zacha - Poitras/Johnson/Lysell
Geekie - Coyle - Poitras/Johnson/Brazeau/Lysell
Jones - Beecher - Kastelic

Lots of possibilities!
Zacha is a way better option at wing

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
I would love to see Merk and Lysell step up and earn a spot on this team while providing a little more fire power on offense. If I was a betting man though I wouldn’t be surprised to see a line up like this when it’s all said and done.

Zacha-Lindholm-Pastrnak
Marchand-Coyle-Poitras
Frederic-Geekie-Brazeau
Jones-Beecher-Kastelic
Johnson

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Zacha is a way better option at wing

I get that perspective -- but here's my thinking.

1. Coyle at 3C is a usually a matchup advantage for the Bruins.
2. Pasta and Lindholm are both line drivers --- I think there are a lot of players who could be put there to compliment those two, including Frederic -- who would provide a little muscle and hustle.
3. Zacha is more offensively creative than Coyle, which would make the second line more of a threat to score.

In the end, they're going to use a few hundred different combinations before finally settling on what the lines are going to be come playoff time. Then, once the playoffs hit -- they're going to adjust game to game again, if not period to period.

I guess you just have to decide if Zacha moving to 2C strengthens that line offensively enough to justify the hit the first line takes by moving him down there?

To me -- I think at the end of the year -- Freddy - Lindholm -- Pasta can produce very close to what Zacha - Lindholm - Pasta produced, but Zacha centering line 2 would make them more dangerous than line 2 with Coyle and line 3 with Coyle is much more effective with him there -- if that makes any sense.

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
How was the trip? Did you get to visit all of NS?

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I would love to see Merk and Lysell step up and earn a spot on this team while providing a little more fire power on offense. If I was a betting man though I wouldn’t be surprised to see a line up like this when it’s all said and done.

Zacha-Lindholm-Pastrnak
Marchand-Coyle-Poitras
Frederic-Geekie-Brazeau
Jones-Beecher-Kastelic
Johnson
This is my favorite lineup. I’m not predicting Merkulov makes the team but I hope he does.

Zacha-Lindholm-Pastrnak
Marchand-Coyle-Poitras
Frederic-Merkulov-Geekie
Jones-Beecher-Kastelic
Brazeau
Johnson

Reactions: shelbysdad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad