OT: Bears & NFL Talk 88

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
He was not consensus top 10 pick until after combine

He was your huge year senior + typical combine warrior riser. At combine he measured taller then teams expected and that ran the fast 40 which caused stir since it was faster then expected and was one of the fastest times. After that people started talking about how he was "Potential Julio Jones 2.0" and away the hype went

There were legit concerns about his ability to run routes and limited play (He only played in his Jr and Sr years) but people were obsessed with the package "Size , Speed and hands" that teams obsess about today so his draft stock skyrocketed and Bears jumped on it

I was fine with taking risk and grabbing him. Excited even so I wont bash Pace on this selection much

But the truth was there were reasons to be concerned at time and even though Injuries derailed his career he also still never learned to run routes well and his much advertised "Hands" actually sucked

Hard to learn when you physically can't do it due to injuries. Not defending the pick or anything like that.

Edit: Went back and looked at that draft...is it just me or was it pretty shitty overall? Talking whole league draft.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Raiders getting absolutely dominated by Chiefs thus far

As for D Thomas

Would have had better career if QB situation would have been better at start and end of his Broncos career

Fortyfives

Jul 13, 2011
Nagy is such an offensive genius he uses concepts from 60 years ago twice in the same drive

Fortyfives

Jul 13, 2011
It’s not like there is a player on this team who could actually make a play and help the kid out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad