OT: Bears & NFL Talk 88

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
What does deserving fans have to do with a team existing? Rewarding failure is stupidity. There's no motivation for this organization to do anything differently because they're making money either way.

Nothing changed with the Blackhawks until the stadium was empty. That's how you stop rewarding failure and encourage a team to do better.
The stadium being empty did nothing to change the Blackhawks idk what you're talking about. That literally did nothing.

And if teams had no fans they wouldn't exist. Maybe if only Fairweather Fandom impacted sales and such these leagues would not be able to sustain so its a dumb point.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
The stadium being empty did nothing to change the Blackhawks idk what you're talking about. That literally did nothing.

And if teams had no fans they wouldn't exist. Maybe if only Fairweather Fandom impacted sales and such these leagues would not be able to sustain so its a dumb point.

What?

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
What about boycotting or losing interest do you think turned things around? It made zero impact on the Hawks. It only made Bill Writz stick with what he was doing.

And like the Canadian teams of old, or Hartfords, it just makes a team go away or shrinks a league. It doesn't have big impacts on changing the decision making.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
LOL at the Bears.

At least Nagy's fate is pretty much sealed especially if CHI loses to the Lions. Question now becomes what about Pace? I don't care if Virginia likes Pace, keep him around does the franchise no good. Comes that Monday after the regular season is over, Pace and Nagy need to do their best Spongebob and Patrick impersonation and skip on out of Chicago.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Even if Fields is the goods they're going to waste the entirety of his rookie contract rebuilding this team.

I was most disappointed in him today, as I thought he had made some good strides the previous weeks, and now he's hurt.

It's also possible Nagy might go with Dalton the rest of the season in order to try to save his job.

Last edited:

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
There's a whale of a difference between giving up 16 and 40.

The Bears O sucked all game. The Bears D sucked for a much smaller percentage of the game. The timing of the former doesn't and shouldn't overshine the latter.

It's like how the double doink made everyone forget how inept the Bears O and Nagy's play calling was. The Bears O merely showed up finally and only once and the Bears D laid an egg after, again, keeping the Ravens to single digits until the last minute of the game.

the offense sucks.

the D had the lead with 2 min left and pissed it away 2 straight games. That’s just reality

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
An "offensive guru" whose offense consistently can't score? I told you Nagy is a fraud, after the first few games, in his 12-4 first year.

And 34 v. 20 pass-run ratio, in a low-scoring close game, in which they apparently had the lead.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Even if Fields is the goods they're going to waste the entirety of his rookie contract rebuilding this team.

I was most disappointed in him today, as I thought he had made some good strides the previous weeks, and now he's hurt.

It's also possible Nagy might go with Dalton the rest of the season in order to try to save his job.
No it’s fields if he’s healthy

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
The smart move as an organization would probably be to shut fields down foe the year and bring in a real staff to develop him since the next 3-5 seasons depend on him panning out. That said, wouldnt shock me if he comes back in a couple weeks and nagy and pace return next year.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
What about boycotting or losing interest do you think turned things around? It made zero impact on the Hawks. It only made Bill Writz stick with what he was doing.

And like the Canadian teams of old, or Hartfords, it just makes a team go away or shrinks a league. It doesn't have big impacts on changing the decision making.

Yes, I'm sure money wasn't a factor at all in the decisions Rocky made.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
The smart move as an organization would probably be to shut fields down foe the year and bring in a real staff to develop him since the next 3-5 seasons depend on him panning out. That said, wouldnt shock me if he comes back in a couple weeks and nagy and pace return next year.

I get Pace coming back because he is some kind of pet of Virginia but if this team finishes with double digit losses, which seems likely now, there is no justifiably reason for Nagy to return.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
I get Pace coming back because he is some kind of pet of Virginia but if this team finishes with double digit losses, which seems likely now, there is no justifiably reason for Nagy to return.
Pace has been at least as bad as nagy. Thrown away quite a few picks to move up in drafts with very little to show for it.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
They both absolutely should go. If Pace doesn't go, I'll be annoyed. If Nagy doesn't go, I'll not watch until he is gone.
I need pace to go before nagy, if he gets another draft or god forbid another coach, that just sets the bears back even further.. Theres so little talent on either side of the ball. Its roquan, mack and a solid d-line and a bunch of practice squaders on defense and then a rob(whos having an awful season and likely gone), montgomery, herbert, maybe fields, and a bunch of plugs on offense.

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
I need pace to go before nagy, if he gets another draft or god forbid another coach, that just sets the bears back even further.. Theres so little talent on either side of the ball. Its roquan, mack and a solid d-line and a bunch of practice squaders on defense and then a rob(whos having an awful season and likely gone), montgomery, herbert, maybe fields, and a bunch of plugs on offense.
I think it's hard to judge the offensive players with Nagy running that side of the team. The play calling is abysmal. No variety. No adjustments. Even us fans have a decent idea of what play is coming simply based on his tendencies. Few screens, underuse of TEs, rarely helping the o-line with chip blocks, very few passes to the RBs, receiving YAC nonexistent, no movement of the pocket, etc.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
If Pace gets another coaching hire and another draft, that would be insanity. It's so Bears though I won't be surprised when it happens.

The rumors are they actually want to promote Pace. He's going nowhere.

Hawkey

Sep 15, 2005
After repeated GM and coach hiring failures, how can anyone I making those decisions still be allowed to hire another coach and GM. At some point you have to go to the source of the problem. Otherwise you are just addressing the symptom and not the illness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad