OT: Bears & NFL Talk 88

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Watch the aftershow. The guys are baffled by the playcalling (going away from the run with Dalton in) and the D

this is team is horrendous.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Chicago sports.....what a dumpster fire things have become. Another classic stealing defeat from the jaws of victory. I'd be upset or embarrassed but have pretty much become numb to this.
We're classically conditioned for this shit.
You expect complete and utter incompetence and are pleasantly surprised when it doesn't happen.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Watch the aftershow. The guys are baffled by the playcalling (going away from the run with Dalton in) and the D

this is team is horrendous.
Nagy got his guy that can run his amazing, sophisticated offense. Of course they went away from the run.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
They took the lead by scoring 13 points while the D held the opposing team to single digits until the last minute of the game.

I'm not saying no blame for the D, but this was overwhelmingly an offensive no show loss.

10 points in the 4th quarter. It's on both. They suck all around.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
They took the lead by scoring 13 points while the D held the opposing team to single digits until the last minute of the game.

I'm not saying no blame for the D, but this was overwhelmingly an offensive no show loss.

Back to Back games in which Bears O gives the Bears D a lead in final two minutes and D fails miserably

The D deserves every bit of flak/scorn they get.. They are choke artists and incompetent

Reactions: Backyard Hockey

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If the Lions kick our ass on Thanksgiving ,, Its going to be real ugly for Nagy his final month+ in Chicago (And hopefully Pace)

There is no way the McCaskey's can justify allowing Pace to choose another HC

Fans will not tolerate it and you will have empty seats next year at Soldier Field

madgoat33

May 16, 2010

The offense is crap, no doubt. That said, an nfl defense should not give up a td drive to a mediocre backup like hundley with 100seconds left in the game. The d's performance in the 4th q this year has been very very bad.

Reactions: Backyard Hockey

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
If the Lions kick our ass on Thanksgiving ,, Its going to be real ugly for Nagy his final month+ in Chicago (And hopefully Pace)

There is no way the McCaskey's can justify allowing Pace to choose another HC

Fans will not tolerate it and you will have empty seats next year at Soldier Field

I hope they do. Getting killed the rest of the season is best for everyone.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

I think you’re point is good. We need to make sure we blame the offense and special teams too.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Look at the context. If your goal is to make a silly debater’s point, congratulations.
Your exact words were there's no difference being up 6 instead of 4. Its not a "debater's point", its just a flat out untruth. As you tend to do, you made a strange and incorrect assertion then die on a hill defending it.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Your exact words were there's no difference being up 6 instead of 4. Its not a "debater's point", its just a flat out untruth. As you tend to do, you made a strange and incorrect assertion then die on a hill defending it.

Baltimore has made 100% of their pat’s this year. It’s hysterical that you think 5 vs. 6 points in that situation was a meaningful difference.

And I’m not saying they shouldn’t have gone for two. No downside. But meaningless for all intents and purposes.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL

You're right. But that's not taking in to account that basically every good player on the Ravens offense was out today. They probably should of pitched a shutout.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
That's not a realistic expectation, though.

The Bears D, timing aside, kept the Ravens to 16 points. In response, the Bears O scored only 13.

16-13 is a low-scoring affair. D is not the first reason for a loss in that situation any more than a 2-1 loss in hockey probably wasn't on the goalie.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
You're right. But that's not taking in to account that basically every good player on the Ravens offense was out today. They probably should of pitched a shutout.

Still high school talent against NFL backups. This organization has completely failed to find NFL caliber players. They are trash.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad