OT: Bears & NFL Talk 88

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
3rd game in a row tbe d has lost the game.

But more concerning, Fields put up zero first half points against the 32nd ranked defense. He took a step backwards today.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
It's not even the D. That wasn't so bad, I guess TD play should of been a bigger battle but they didn't seem like a goallline unit was about yet it should of been.

But I was rhe secondary specifically still that was awful. Gibson thr LB/DE made a play or 2 on those last drives. Quinn had hood pressure still and drew a holding play. It wasn't an untouched QB coming back. It was throwing to wide open players.

Vildor has the PI, Vidor was playing the cover 3 bad and leaving the sideline guy wide open. Idk who let the other guy wide open Bush at least was around maybe it wasn't on him idk.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
That's not a realistic expectation, though.

The Bears D, timing aside, kept the Ravens to 16 points. In response, the Bears O scored only 13.

16-13 is a low-scoring affair. D is not the first reason for a loss in that situation any more than a 2-1 loss in hockey probably wasn't on the goalie.
Regardless. What we saw the D do at the end of the game should never happen. Ever. Whether they gave up 16 or 40

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I think this job will be extremely desirable for whatever next coach comes in. You have your potential franchise QB in place. That usually isn't the case when NFL jobs open up.
Yep, I agree.

Basically the next GM and coach are tasked with building up an entire team around a QB with massive potential.

Maybe there are also a few offensive lineman who can be part of the solution too.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Regardless. What we saw the D do at the end of the game should never happen. Ever. Whether they gave up 16 or 40

There's a whale of a difference between giving up 16 and 40.

The Bears O sucked all game. The Bears D sucked for a much smaller percentage of the game. The timing of the former doesn't and shouldn't overshine the latter.

It's like how the double doink made everyone forget how inept the Bears O and Nagy's play calling was. The Bears O merely showed up finally and only once and the Bears D laid an egg after, again, keeping the Ravens to single digits until the last minute of the game.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I think this job will be extremely desirable for whatever next coach comes in. You have your potential franchise QB in place. That usually isn't the case when NFL jobs open up.

Eh... that depends on if you buy Fields as a franchise guy. He could easily be viewed as an albatross that a new coach knows that they're stuck with, too.

Regardless, the Bears D hasn't and won't be viewed as a primo landing spot for years now. We're a good market with a bad team.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Eh... that depends on if you buy Fields as a franchise guy. He could easily be viewed as an albatross that a new coach knows that they're stuck with, too.

Regardless, the Bears D hasn't and won't be viewed as a primo landing spot for years now. We're a good market with a bad team.
If a coach can’t get incredibly excited about Fields, then he probably isn’t the right guy for the job

Reactions: Sarava

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL

As long as the Bears dont hire Kaners Bald Spot or BWC as the next head coach, I feel pretty confident the coach will be all in on Fields' potential.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
3rd game in a row tbe d has lost the game.

But more concerning, Fields put up zero first half points against the 32nd ranked defense. He took a step backwards today.

It's amazing to me that people can criticize any of the offensive players with Nagy coaching this team... Nagy does not coach to his player's strengths. He has no idea how to do it. He has no idea how to run an offense. How the hell is a rookie QB supposed to come in and have success?

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Evidently it's God's plan for Dalton to be in Chicago on this terrible team? Lmao. Wtf did I just listen to?

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
It's amazing to me that people can criticize any of the offensive players with Nagy coaching this team... Nagy does not coach to his player's strengths. He has no idea how to do it. He has no idea how to run an offense. How the hell is a rookie QB supposed to come in and have success?
I agree, I also think the criticism of the offense is heavily on the arrogant clown Nagy. It’s important to continue recognizing Nagy is putting out a failing offense week after week

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
The Bears' organization does not deserve fans. Seriously. By continuing to support this failure of a franchise, we only excuse their incompetence and mismanagement. This team needs to be boycotted.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
The Bears' organization does not deserve fans. Seriously. By continuing to support this failure of a franchise, we only excuse their incompetence and mismanagement. This team needs to be boycotted.
So how many teams should exist by that standard? Like 10 only? Maybe 16?

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
I hope they do. Getting killed the rest of the season is best for everyone.

See below:

ive-seen-this-movie-before-moira-rose.gif

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
So how many teams should exist by that standard? Like 10 only? Maybe 16?

What does deserving fans have to do with a team existing? Rewarding failure is stupidity. There's no motivation for this organization to do anything differently because they're making money either way.

Nothing changed with the Blackhawks until the stadium was empty. That's how you stop rewarding failure and encourage a team to do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad