NJ Hfboards Yahoo Fantasy Hockey (Keeper League Discussion)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MakoSlade

Nov 17, 2005
New York City
Well, a bit of a conundrum. @Billdo and @MakoSlade want weekdays. @SJinNewJersey wants Friday or Saturday, but could do around 7:30 on a weekday.
If it’s a weekday, I need it to be 9:15 or later. @tmg can’t do Tues or Weds.

Can’t make everyone happy. I’m going to set the draft for Sunday, 9/29 at 9:15pm. I’ll have keepers due by Tuesday, 9/24 as the draft setting was a bit last minute. I can move it to 9/30 or 10/3 at 9:15. Or 9/27 or 9/28 at 7. But it seems like Sunday works for most.
Hopefully I can make the draft whatever day. I'm not sure which was a more traumatic event - auto-drafting Rick Nash when he was on the Rangers, or Skinner last year...

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Well, a bit of a conundrum. @Billdo and @MakoSlade want weekdays. @SJinNewJersey wants Friday or Saturday, but could do around 7:30 on a weekday.
If it’s a weekday, I need it to be 9:15 or later. @tmg can’t do Tues or Weds.

Can’t make everyone happy. I’m going to set the draft for Sunday, 9/29 at 9:15pm. I’ll have keepers due by Tuesday, 9/24 as the draft setting was a bit last minute. I can move it to 9/30 or 10/3 at 9:15. Or 9/27 or 9/28 at 7. But it seems like Sunday works for most.
I'll be there, that's just a hard time for me.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
Just to make sure I’m not overlooking an option - does this league allow pre-keeper-selection trades?

I have 5 of the top 26 players in adp (Nylander Bouchard Hyman Reinhart and Robertson) , plus Bedard who I’m not about to give up in a keeper! If rules allow me to trade one of those five for a pick (or two nickels for a dime in a strength for depth swap) that’s probably both good for me and for a team upgrading its keepers, if league rules allow.

Reactions: HBK27

Pops Freshenmeyer

Jun 26, 2013
I don’t know if it’s ever been addressed — @PeterSidorkiewicz ?

I can see both sides. On one hand, really your keepers are the only ones still on your team. That feels a little more like dynasty rules, rather than keeper rules. But, I do like encouraging trades. I had a similar thought as I do have some good players that others might want to keep. I don’t think you can trade draft picks without a pick going the other way, or there is an imbalance.

Side note: Keepers are due on Tuesday. So, we might not have enough time to figure this one out.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Trading players and picks before the draft is possible, because the Commissioner can modify each teams keepers and draft order.

It needs to be manually logged somewhere (like this thread), that both parties agree to the deal.

However as Pops said it is probably too late to bring this in right now. We can implement for next seasons’ off-season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad