Post-Game Talk: Ba Bada Bum Bada Bum Bada Bum

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
The bottom 6 were great, our top 6 were lousy (except skinner I thought) through 50 mins, but the big guns came through when it counted. Drai responded from his benching the way you should imo, kudos to him.

LFG!!!!

EDIT: Troy and Perry stepped up when we needed them most too!
Drai actually got benched? Curious if Knob had the balls to do that

Reactions: Oilslick941611

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
What are Foegele, McLeod, Holloway doing? Giant goose egg for goals probably would be the same story if they were here.

The f***ing felating of these players was ridiculous, Foegele is a freaking 12/13 goal scrorer for most of his career, people really thought this guy was better than freaking Jeff Skinner who's scored 30+ goals like 5 times in this league?
I asked what Perry did in this game other than drop the gloves. I asked about RV who has done sweet f*** all and is weak on pucks in all zones. The guy gets pushed off pucks constantly and doesn't have a point.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
What has RV done. Been horrible. Falls down more than Yamamoto and getting mangled out there very period.

Perry can still play the game? I'm missing that. So he dropped the gloves. What are people enthused about from his game? I didn't read the thread and didn't notice him much. He only played 7mins.

Take the 2pts. WE needed a late goal and OT to beat a terrible club.
RV hasn’t been great to my eye.
Perry is doing his role well on the 4th line. Being responsible, fighting when needed. He’s even scored this year.
Ryan’s done though and Janmark hasn’t been great.
Skinner and Henrique are head and shoulders our best forwards right now though.

Next game id run…
Podkolzin - McDavid - Draisaitl
Skinner - Henrique - Brown
Hyman - Nuge - Arvidsson

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I asked what Perry did in this game other than drop the gloves. I asked about RV who has done sweet f*** all and is weak on pucks in all zones. The guy gets pushed off pucks constantly and doesn't have a point.

Perry hit the post and was generally a good player tonight again. Again the shitting on Perry was also ridiculous, he's been one of the best players on the team and could easily be sitting on 2 or 3 goals.

Arvidsson will get it going I bet. He is a higher tier of talent than the so-called irreplaceables we lost.

People really drinking the kool aid and going to town for guys who are basically 12-13 goal scorers.

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Perry is doing his role well on the 4th line. Being responsible, fighting when needed. He’s even scored this year.

Next game id run…
Hyman - Nuge - Arvidsson

Idk why you wouldn't just put Skinner with McDrai.

The wonder twins are apparently terrified of shooting so you might as well put our only shoot-first forward out there.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Idk why you wouldn't just put Skinner with McDrai.

The wonder twins are apparently terrified of shooting so you might as well put our only shoot-first forward out there.
Because you ultimately need more than one line. Don’t need to put our current best forward with what should be our 2 best forwards. Let the Henrique line magic work for a bit and carry the team, let McDrai figure their shit together and let Nuge and Hyman learn to play hockey with lesser minutes.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.

Next game id run…
Hyman - Nuge - Arvidsson
Perry is so useless he's barely on the ice. 7mins tonight. If he was any slower he'd be moving backwards. This is early in season and he looks incapable of logging minutes. So he fought once, probably out of desperation to put something out there.

RV is awful. Ryan and Janmark look completely done.

Pods sure hasn't been anything. Just as expected a guy that can go 0-0-0 indefinitely. Barely notice him out there except flubbing pucks and not getting clean shots away.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Because you ultimately need more than one line. Don’t need to put our current best forward with what should be our 2 best forwards. Let the Henrique line magic work for a bit and carry the team, let McDrai figure their shit together and let Nuge and Hyman learn to play hockey with lesser minutes.

On the flip side it's probably stupid to keep the guy with the best shot release on the team away from your top playmakers (McDavid in particular). Yeah the third line looks good, no shit, because Skinner is a good player.

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011
Perry is so useless he's barely on the ice. 7mins tonight. If he was any slower he'd be moving backwards. This is early in season and he looks incapable of logging minutes. So he fought once, probably out of desperation to put something out there.

Pods sure hasn't been anything. Just as expected a guy that can go 0-0-0 indefinitely. Barely notice him out there except flubbing pucks and not getting clean shots away.

Some really odd things to complain about tonight. I guess Arvidsson is worthy of some hand-wringing now

It's great that the wunderkids finally showed up after the brawl and (one of them) getting benched

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Lavoie honestly would have been a nice player to try as he had that shoot-1st mentality as well.

Not saying he was a world-beater but would have been nice to sacrifice a few games of cap space to see if there was something there that could help this team offensively when it's clear they were in a rut.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
On the flip side it's probably stupid to keep the guy with the best shot release on the team away from your top playmakers (McDavid in particular). Yeah the third line looks good, no shit, because Skinner is a good player.
I mean eventually he will go back to them, just we need wins so might as well run a line that IS working while McDrai reset and figure shit out.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
What has RV done. Been horrible. Falls down more than Yamamoto and getting mangled out there very period.

Perry can still play the game? I'm missing that. So he dropped the gloves. What are people enthused about from his game? I didn't read the thread and didn't notice him much. He only played 7mins.

Take the 2pts. WE needed a late goal and OT to beat a terrible club.
Sorry Drive but Arvidsson has shown more compete, forechecking, physicality than Leon has so far. Leon is by far the better player but maybe he should make himself more noticeable like Arvidsson has

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Perry hit the post and was generally a good player tonight again. Again the shitting on Perry was also ridiculous, he's been one of the best players on the team and could easily be sitting on 2 or 3 goals.

Arvidsson will get it going I bet. He is a higher tier of talent than the so-called irreplaceables we lost.

People really drinking the kool aid and going to town for guys who are basically 12-13 goal scorers.
Perry has been one of the best players on the team? lol. The goal he scored he wasn't even shooting at net. he hit an opponent in front and the puck went in as an own goal. Goal posts aren't goals.

Flyers were horrible tonight. Their zone exits are the worst thing I've seen since SJ much of last season. Its almost impossible not to get pressure as the Flyers were awful with puck in own zone.

Its not just about talent. You need the speed in the game that we lost with the exited players. Tonight wasn't any great game by either club. Take the W but plain ugly. Flyers are the worst looking club we've faced yet, by miles really.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

Man I don't know if you're being biased or if you didn't watch the game lol

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Sorry Drive but Arvidsson has shown more compete, forechecking, physicality than Leon has so far. Leon is by far the better player but maybe he should make himself more noticeable like Arvidsson has
RV is an expert at pretending to do something. He's a busy looking player that is getting zero done. Plays die with him always. Would surprise me if he even reaches the 20 Foegele got last season. Lets keep in mind Foegele was up and down lineup. RV is getting constant topsix and NOTHING.

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com

Attachments

• 20241015_114229.jpg
    20241015_114229.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 1

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
RV is an expert at pretending to do something. He's a busy looking player that is getting zero done. Plays die with him always. Would surprise me if he even reaches the 20 Foegele got last season. Lets keep in mind Foegele was up and down lineup. RV is getting constant topsix and NOTHING.
Lol sorry Drive but you are completely out to lunch. Arvidsson is actually a good player who has proven it every year. So I can't take what you are saying seriously. He's off to a slow start but so are a few others as you very well know

Reactions: Oilslick941611

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Perry has been one of the best players on the team? lol. The goal he scored he wasn't even shooting at net. he hit an opponent in front and the puck went in as an own goal. Goal posts aren't goals.

Flyers were horrible tonight. Their zone exits are the worst thing I've seen since SJ much of last season. Its almost impossible not to get pressure as the Flyers were awful with puck in own zone.

Its not just about talent. You need the speed in the game that we lost with the exited players. Tonight wasn't any great game by either club. Take the W but plain ugly. Flyers are the worst looking club we've faced yet, by miles really.

Speed means dick all if you just skate around and shoot pucks into the goalie's crest or flub a million chances.

Foegele, McLeod, and Holloway until they prove otherwise are a dime a dozen 12-13 goal scorers in this league, the fantasy that they are equal to a player like Jeff Skinner or Adam Henrique or even Arvidsson is f***ing hilarious. Those later three are way more talented full stop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad