Post-Game Talk: Ba Bada Bum Bada Bum Bada Bum

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
I asked what Perry did in this game other than drop the gloves. I asked about RV who has done sweet f*** all and is weak on pucks in all zones. The guy gets pushed off pucks constantly and doesn't have a point.
Arvi is playing real tentative. All perimeter play

I’m confident he can get it going because I’ve seen him play very well on the kings.

But the first few games are underwhelming

Reactions: McDoused

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Some really odd things to complain about tonight. I guess Arvidsson is worthy of some hand-wringing now

It's great that the wunderkids finally showed up after the brawl and (one of them) getting benched
Just not impressed with having to pull out a W with a tying goal late and needing OT. If you think was impressive.

The game was awful. The Oilers played to the level of a terrible opponent all night long.

Didn't think it was a good game by McDrai either. hard for them not to score though with a 3-0 in OT.

Team needs to be much better than this. Its a start. Least we got the W.

Oilhawks

Over Old Hills
Nov 24, 2011
Just not impressed with having to pull out a W with a tying goal late and needing OT. If you think was impressive.

The game was awful. The Oilers played to the level of a terrible opponent all night long.

Didn't think it was a good game by McDrai either. hard for them not to score though with a 3-0 in OT.

Team needs to be much better than this. Its a start. Least we got the W.

Absolutely not impressed, but they need to start getting points, so take an ugly (if not hard fought win). I'm hoping that J Skinner, C Brown, Henrique, Stecher et al have dragged the coasting stars into the fight.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Arvi is playing real tentative. All perimeter play

I’m confident he can get it going because I’ve seen him play very well on the kings.

But the first few games are underwhelming
Yeah I've seen RV play well on the Kings too. But not recently. 2yrs ago before back surgeries. Part of the tentative seems to be fear of getting injured again. He only played 17games last season. He's stone cold really. So slow out there he's just getting hammered. Each game he's eating big hits getting stapled. Easiest player to take puck from in our topsix.

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
Just got home. There’s so much to say about this game but I’m too tired. It was a hot mess of a hockey game which they easily could’ve lost. The first period left me zero hole for the game but we almost laughed at how bad it went. But they finally showed some fight as well and got it done somehow.

Special teams are abysmally bad, the pk I can excuse a bit but man oh man the powerplay is just pure frustration right now and there’s no reason for it. In general the level of execution on many small things and some not so small things is just awful still. Bad passes, bad choices bad reads on both sides of the puck. Thought the Henrique line and the fourth were ok to good at times. Nuge, who I think often gets a bad rap is just really, really bad right now. As bad as we’ve ever seen imo. Drai recovered with his assist and goal but he was just a turnover machine with poor passing, and not good recovery defensively, Mcdavid has the wheels but is once again repeating last year and not letting his shot do some damage. Using it would open some lanes up for him in my opinion. Lots more, but I’m tired.

And the reffing, was once again atrocious sadly.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Absolutely not impressed, but they need to start getting points, so take an ugly (if not hard fought win). I'm hoping that J Skinner, C Brown, Henrique, Stecher et al have dragged the coasting stars into the fight.
I thought Stecher was good but I knew he was. Big for him to sign up to fight a much bigger guy. Hopefully KK has him in lineup now regularly. Yeah, those guys you listed had good games. Big to get on scoreboard.

I think the goals will come for our toplines. Doing a lot of right things and having some bad puck luck. Want to see how we play against a good club. Been awhile since the Winnipeg game.

Just got home. There’s so much to say about this game but I’m too tired. It was a hot mess of a hockey game which they easily could’ve lost. The first period left me zero hole for the game but we almost laughed at how bad it went. But they finally showed some fight as well and got it done somehow.

Special teams are abysmally bad, the pk I can excuse a bit but man oh man the powerplay is just pure frustration right now and there’s no reason for it. In general the level of execution on many small things and some not so small things is just awful still. Bad passes, bad choices bad reads on both sides of the puck. Thought the Henrique line and the fourth were ok to good at times. Nuge, who I think often gets a bad rap is just really, really bad right now. As bad as we’ve ever seen imo. Drai recovered with his assist and goal but he was just a turnover machine with poor passing, and not good recovery defensively, Mcdavid has the wheels but is once again repeating last year and not letting his shot do some damage. Using it would open some lanes up for him in my opinion. Lots more, but I’m tired.

And the reffing, was once again atrocious sadly.
NHL helped to make this game awful, thats for sure. Not just the goal calls but the constant delays. You can't take long periods of time for every one of these reviews. That was the longest first period I've ever seen. First period wasn't over till 9;05 and game went well over 3hrs despite a first shift OT winner. Could be the longest, or slowest played game I've ever seen in reg season. Hawks must have iced the puck 28X.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Lol sorry Drive but you are completely out to lunch. Arvidsson is actually a good player who has proven it every year. So I can't take what you are saying seriously. He's off to a slow start but so are a few others as you very well know
RV we have is not the RV you remember. I would think obviously. After two back surgeries its amazing he's decided to even continue playing. he must need the money. I used to like the player. he's not much now.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Two games now, suspect as all hell officiating. Something is up and it smells of shit. Good comeback. Frig woo!
Plus some shady off ice shit too.

NHL colluding to get McD outta Edmonton. The Draisaitl resigning scared them, they need the Oilers to be a feeder organizations for Gary’s failed experiments down south.

Okay tin foil hat off now.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Speed means dick all if you just skate around and shoot pucks into the goalie's crest or flub a million chances.

Foegele, McLeod, and Holloway until they prove otherwise are a dime a dozen 12-13 goal scorers in this league, the fantasy that they are equal to a player like Jeff Skinner or Adam Henrique or even Arvidsson is f***ing hilarious. Those later three are way more talented full stop.
RV is talented and done. If he hits 40-50pts it would amaze me. If he hits 20 goals at this point I'd be amazed.

In anycase a large part of what made RV still productive his last full season in LA is constant PP rotation. He won't be getting much of that here and shouldn't be. He's slowed down and is awful on PP now.

Not sure who these people are saying Henrique is same as. I'm a big fan of Henrique. He can be an impact player, maybe still. Skinner can score and so far is being good Skinner the last few games. There's two versions of him, looks like he's bringing the compete here last few games.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
That's the worst officiated game I have probably ever watched live. Crowd was honestly more polite on the refs than they deserved. They probably should have a had a 60 minute "ref you suck" chant going after that absolute embarrassment.

Team's best players are still sloppy, can't make a clean pass, can't accept a pass, can't hit the net. Hyman and Bouchard have been exceptionally bad. Hyman looks like the worst player on the team. I assume he'll snap out of it, but he really shouldn't be anywhere near the top line and probably not the top 6 until he gets his game together. Can't win a puck battle. Turns over every puck he gets. Can't accept a pass. Can't make a pass. Can't say much better about Nuge, McDavid, or Draisaitl either. Glad to see Henrique, Brown and Janmark get it going gave the team life. Stu Skinner player great tonight. Other Skinner also had some good moments and he would look excellent if the stars on this team were playing like they're capable of. Arvidsson showing flashes, he'll also look like a nice fit when those players mentioned remember they're star/top 6 NHLers and not 4th line junior players.

Overall can't complain. Big improvement from the Calgary game handling adversity. Beat the Flyers and the refs tonight. Was just looking for improvement in their game and we got that tonight despite it still needing a long ways to go.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
RV is talented and done. If he hits 40-50pts it would amaze me. If he hits 20 goals at this point I'd be amazed.

In anycase a large part of what made RV still productive his last full season in LA is constant PP rotation. He won't be getting much of that here and shouldn't be. He's slowed down and is awful on PP now.

Not sure who these people are saying Henrique is same as. I'm a big fan of Henrique. He can be an impact player, maybe still. Skinner can score and so far is being good Skinner the last few games. There's two versions of him, looks like he's bringing the compete here last few games.

Your mistake is thinking 3rd line players were magically top 6 players.

There's a reason why Foegele, McLeod have basically never cracked 13 goals in their careers aside from one fluke season where Foegele got to ride Draisaitl's nut sack and hyper motivated by a contract year.

The part conveniently left out this is that Skinner, Henrique, Arvidsson are more skilled hockey players than the out going forwards we had. Just because you skate around like a chicken with its head cut off doesn't magically grant you actual hockey skill.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Your mistake is thinking 3rd line players were magically top 6 players.

There's a reason why Foegele, McLeod have basically never cracked 13 goals in their careers aside from one fluke season where Foegele got to ride Draisaitl's nut sack.

The part convientantly left out this is that Skinner, Henrique, Arvidsson are more skilled hockey players than the out going forwards we had. Just because you skate around like a chicken with its head cut off doesn't magically grant you actual hockey skill.
Its old talent getting older. You need the young legs in the playoffs and we don't have any. Add that up.

Will this team score goals. Sure it will. Will it give up a lot? sure it will. How fresh do you think all these older horses will look in May and June. Perry was only decent for some games last year because he had most of the season off resting. Brown only arrived in playoffs because he was underperforming all season. WE've seen how dead Ryan and Janmark are.

This is a club that had monumental difficulty beating the sorry Flyers in a home game they had to have.

Of the new players Skinner has been better than I thought he would be here. But thats it.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Its old talent getting older. You need the young legs in the playoffs and we don't have any. Add that up.

Will this team score goals. Sure it will. Will it give up a lot? sure it will. How fresh do you think all these older horses will look in May and June. Perry was only decent for some games last year because he had most of the season off resting. Brown only arrived in playoffs because he was underperforming all season. WE've seen how dead Ryan and Janmark are.

This is a club that had monumental difficulty beating the sorry Flyers in a home game they had to have.

Of the new players Skinner has been better than I thought he would be here. But thats it.

If we're going to base everything on a 4 game sample then Foegele, McLeod, and Holloway look like dog shit. Maybe give it more than 4 f***ing games.

Brown has been good this season too.

This is the NHL, there are no easy games, expecting that it also a dog shit attitude. The Flyers were in a playoff spot for a big chunk of last season and there is no team coached by Torts that doesn't play hard.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

Eh we might. Backend is still fairly young and players like Philp/Savoie could be up by the playoffs and both are young legs with good speed. Janmark comes out flying every playoffs so I don't really understand that criticism. He was excellent both of the last 2 playoffs, but unfortunately broke his foot blocking a shot 2 years ago so we didn't really see it until last year.

If we're being critical McLeod was awful in last years playoffs. Did very little positively and actually almost lost the Oilers multiple games which is why he got healthy scratched. Foegele same thing, but redeemed himself by scoring a few absolute gifts from Leon Draisaitl, one of the best playoff performers in NHL history.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
That's the worst officiated game I have probably ever watched live. Crowd was honestly more polite on the refs than they deserved. They probably should have a had a 60 minute "ref you suck" chant going after that absolute embarrassment.

Team's best players are still sloppy, can't make a clean pass, can't accept a pass, can't hit the net. Hyman and Bouchard have been exceptionally bad. Hyman looks like the worst player on the team. I assume he'll snap out of it, but he really shouldn't be anywhere near the top line and probably not the top 6 until he gets his game together. Can't win a puck battle. Turns over every puck he gets. Can't accept a pass. Can't make a pass. Can't say much better about Nuge, McDavid, or Draisaitl either. Glad to see Henrique, Brown and Janmark get it going gave the team life. Stu Skinner player great tonight. Other Skinner also had some good moments and he would look excellent if the stars on this team were playing like they're capable of. Arvidsson showing flashes, he'll also look like a nice fit when those players mentioned remember they're star/top 6 NHLers and not 4th line junior players.

Overall can't complain. Big improvement from the Calgary game handling adversity. Beat the Flyers and the refs tonight. Was just looking for improvement in their game and we got that tonight despite it still needing a long ways to go.
The Calgary game was even worse. The NHL handed that game to the godless Flames.

Pointless RV is the reason that any line he's on is getting absolutely nothing. tonight he was hexing the Nuge line and again he was horrible. So weak on pucks. Iso on RV and he's absolutely struggling. He'll take whacks at any puck any time which makes him look busy and involved but he's a player that will take 10 shots in a row that have no hope of going in. Shoot from anywhere perimeter player is what he's become.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Perry is a leader and warrior, cutting him shouldn't even be a discussion
He showed his value as a leader and mentor on this team, he's stepped up big to start the season when nearly everyone else is AWOL, but I still don't think he has enough gas to play all the regular season games + postseason, without his level of play dipping, some well timed healthy scratches I see as good for him and good for the team.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
He showed his value as a leader and mentor on this team, he's stepped up big to start the season when nearly everyone else is AWOL, but I still don't think he has enough gas to play all the regular season games + postseason, without his level of play dipping, some well timed healthy scratches I see as good for him and good for the team.

That's fine. He can still pitch in for regular season games, should have 2, maybe 3 goals already, how much more can you want a from a 4th line forward. When he gets gassed sit him a few games, teams do this in the NBA all the time with older players, it's not a big deal.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I’ve harped on Emberson a lot but I can see why scouts could be fooled by him. He’s smooth on the ice and generally OK until he makes a mistake. His mistakes tend to be costly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad