Player Discussion Mika Zibanejad

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
I’ve been saying for two years he might have an easier time of it on right wing in his thirties.

If Chytil stays healthy and plays well, all of a sudden that becomes a more viable option. You add a 3C at the deadline and boom, we are a complete roster again.
still dont have a 1C though and we know how those teams fare in the playoffs

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I’ve been saying for two years he might have an easier time of it on right wing in his thirties.

If Chytil stays healthy and plays well, all of a sudden that becomes a more viable option. You add a 3C at the deadline and boom, we are a complete roster again.
“Very stable genius” next to your name checks out

Great idea

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Now go look up which of the players on PP1 have set up the "Best net front guy" the most.
Because I was morbidly curious and have a bit of down time at work...

Assists on Chris Kreider PP goals since 19-20 (when Panarin and Fox joined the team):

PrimarySecondaryTotal
Fox
16​
23​
39​
Panarin
22​
24​
46​
Zib
15​
12​
27​
Strome
9​
4​
13​
Tro
3​
2​
5​

So not inconsequential, but definitely the 3rd most important piece at best to Kreider's PP success over this run.

Last edited:

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
In fact (since I have a very low opinion of Zibanejad's playmaking abilities), I wonder how much more of a powerplay weapon Kreider would be with two legit playmakers playing the half boards (Panarin on the left, Laf on the right). Depending on how down you are on Zib, those two in those positions are arguably more dangerous goal scoring options as well now that his powerplay one timer is so ineffective.

Reactions: Atax

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
It feels as though they wanna prop Zib up because of his contract and keep Lafreniere's points down by keeping one on the pp and the other off. That's my opinion, doesn't make sense otherwise, it's getting more and more ridiculous. Our 2nd best forward can't get pp1 time

Reactions: Atax

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
It feels as though they wanna prop Zib up because of his contract and keep Lafreniere's points down by keeping one on the pp and the other off. That's my opinion, doesn't make sense otherwise, it's getting more and more ridiculous. Our 2nd best forward can't get pp1 time
i don't think its that deep, i think the Rangers as an organization are very very resistant and slow to change, especially when it comes to vets v youngsters

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Because I was morbidly curious and have a bit of down time at work...

Assists on Chris Kreider PP goals since 19-20 (when Panarin and Fox joined the team):

PrimarySecondaryTotal
Fox
16​
23​
39​
Panarin
22​
24​
46​
Zib
15​
12​
27​
Strome
9​
4​
13​
Tro
3​
2​
5​

So not inconsequential, but definitely the 3rd most important piece at best to Kreider's PP success over this run.
Which was my point. You cant just replace him like the poster I replied to wrote.

Or maybe it is just that they dont want to break up something that is elite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad