Post-Game Talk: Ba Bada Bum Bada Bum Bada Bum

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
That was an entertaining game

Stecher should not be scratched until we trade for a D, and even then he should be 3rd pair RHD

Good on him and Perry for stepping up, that’s the kind of game that builds chemistry

Good to see Bouch get the monkey off his back too, he looked very relieved to pot that one

I mean I don't think he had problem finding the back of the net. The refs just called back a goal that should have counted. The philly defender bumped into their goalies blocker.

Reactions: TB12

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Sloppy game with lots of poor play across all zones and roster. But a massive two points with some resiliency shown to find a way. Nurse with big minutes including a great play to lead to a goal. Bouchard with a huge finish after a very slow start with uneven game. Good to see end of roster guys step up to show a pulse with a team that's been too willing to take hard and often cheap opposition play.

Wasn't pretty. Still glaring areas that need substantive improvement. But enough done to squeeze two from a team on a long roadie. Reffing is also in preseason form. Bleh.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Funnily enough I think McDavid might've hit the post again at the end there. What was that, 5 tonight?

Also impressed by Michkov's diving game tonight, he hit the deck like 5 times.
Meh, not sure about the dig on Michkov. The kid looks good. The block shot and then getting cheap shot right after... don't see many skill players play this game

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Definitely could be worth exploring at least in the short term. Hyman and RNH are both basically playing for the other team right now.
Someone send out the bat signal for RNH.

He may have been body snatched and replaced with a bad hockey player

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
If we hear Quenneville is looking to get reinstated then we know what's going down.
It’s not like the refs could screw us any harder if there is some truth to them being upset about us hiring bowman

Meh, not sure about the dig on Michkov. The kid looks good. The block shot and then getting cheap shot right after... don't see many skill players play this game
Did you miss when kulak “speared” him and he dropped 3 seconds after the contact

Reactions: TB12

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
I would be tempted to see Skinner or Henrique on PP1
Skinner in for Nuge, or just play PP2 more than 20 seconds. Not like any of the big guns are lighting it up, may as well get the second unit some reps.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Finally a game to build off of.

Some guys starting to show signs of life. I’ve been absolutely hammering on Nurse, but he actually had a good game tonight, using his feet to step into the middle of the ice to make plays rather than just missing passes. He still had a few blips, but good for the most part.

Bottom 6 and the third line especially were really good. I love having a player like Henrique on the team that relies on his brain to play the game rather than just raw talent. He knows how to play hockey. Skinner had another great game too.

Thought that all of the top guys weren’t good again, but slowly some signs of life are emerging there. This type of win with that finish might wake them up, but they are still a ways off their normal game.

Now they need to build on this and not shit their pants in Nashville. The Predators are desperate, they will be on their toes.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Skinner in for Nuge, or just play PP2 more than 20 seconds. Not like any of the big guns are lighting it up, may as well get the second unit some chemistry.
Problem is the 1st unit, at worst, will pass the puck around the perimeter for 90 seconds, so by the time there's a save or a clear there's only gonna be 20 seconds left anyways.

Skinner can snipe, problem is he'd be on his off side in RNH's spot so idk.

Reactions: K1984

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad