GDT: Devils @ Hurricanes - 7:00 PM - MSG

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Through six games we have mostly eliminated the Big Mistakes that dogged us last year. The absolutely blown coverages that repeated themselves sometimes five to six times a game and that had people all alone in front of our net with oodles of time.

That's a big difference. We seem to be in position and on the right side of the puck even when we do make mistakes, they aren't of the same catastrophic sort.
Hi, Camille the Eel, how are you doing? I agree with your post 100%. Totally different team, coaching and play than last season. .much more acceptable this season. Later

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
:) Having to deal some medical issues hopefully this will be resolved soon and I can get back to inflammatory post.
IMG_9962.jpeg

But seriously. Get well Soon

Comparison Ford

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
as much as i love Tatar, this is a kind of game where he is exposed. not sure he won one board battle tonight and was easily neutralized.

i wouldn’t mind trying

Bratt-Hughes-Noesen/Cotter
Meier-Nico-Mercer

as a top 6 and then figure out whatever the hell the bottom 6 is gonna do

i do think they are gonna give meier hughes bratt at least 10 games to sort their shit out and see if they can get used to playing together

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
as much as i love Tatar, this is a kind of game where he is exposed. not sure he won one board battle tonight and was easily neutralized.

i wouldn’t mind trying

Bratt-Hughes-Noesen/Cotter
Meier-Nico-Mercer

as a top 6 and then figure out whatever the hell the bottom 6 is gonna do

i do think they are gonna give meier hughes bratt at least 10 games to sort their shit out and see if they can get used to playing together
I think Cotter makes more sense as he skates much better than Noesen.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
I don't know if I believe this whole scheduling rested vs tired theory. I think this game looked a lot like every Devils Canes game in the past 5 years or so. Put Vanecek etc on goal and this is 7-2 blow out loss. They completely dominated us the whole game and it was painful to watch. I'm sure we get a lot better once the team gels together and learns the new coaching system, but to me this game showed that we are still far away from the top teams. And unlike the Leafs game the team didn't look off, I don't think they made huge mistakes, they just couldn't handle the Canes pressure.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I think Cotter makes more sense as he skates much better than Noesen.
I'm not sure every player on that line has to be fast. There's plenty of speed between Jack and Jesper. Noeson could trail and be a netfront presence while digging picks out from the boards. It's a combo that may be worth trying at some point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad