Player Discussion Elias Pettersson Talk | Also Chiropractors, the Medical Staff, and You

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
will the real elias petterson please stand up. not even dating to last season january slump into the all star break. maybe go a bit further back. after the bubble year. plus injuries aside he hasnt been or looked the same. looks emotionless. zombielike. dont think he wants to be here in vancouver.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
A bit better in game 3, created a tad more, drew another penalty, still a long way to go but some progress I guess.

Last edited:

Quinton Byfield

Jul 25, 2021
He was one of our best players against Tampa.

But made wrong facial expressions :/
IMG_0583.jpeg

You have a low bar for best.

Reactions: theguardianII

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
With the way many on this site go on, you'd think we were talking about a struggling child who's "trying real hard" and just needs a little "moral support" to help win Student of the Month – not a highly-paid millionaire athlete who is failing to live up to his organization/fanbase's professional expectations. People can make their jokes and scoff at any notion of criticism but fans are justified in being both worried and angry.

I've seen injuries and I've seen slumps but this is unlike anything I've witnessed in recent memory from a star-level player.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
He wasn't 'good' against TB but he did show a pulse in the last two periods and actually went to the net for a couple decent chances in hard/high percentage areas, even if he totally whiffed on them, which was positive to see.

That's more than you can say for most of his games for a very long time.

Reactions: theguardianII

ephmrl

5th overall.
Nov 26, 2011
Victoria, BC
He wasn't 'good' against TB but he did show a pulse in the last two periods and actually went to the net for a couple decent chances in hard/high percentage areas, even if he totally whiffed on them, which was positive to see.

That's more than you can say for most of his games for a very long time.
Just the fact that that’s an improvement for a player making 11.6m is incredibly depressing.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
He was one of our best players against Tampa.

But made wrong facial expressions :/

He is making $11.6 million dollars. $141,000 per game, which is double what the average college educated person in Canada makes in a single year.

At some point, enough is enough. You can't just look good out there, you have to f***ing produce. This has been going on for nearly a half season's worth of games, including throughout a run where this team should have had a legitimate chance to win a Stanley Cup.

They do not have the ELC talent to make up for his plummet off a cliff. He was a problem at $7 million the way he's been playing...at $11.6 million, he has one of the worst value contracts in the entire NHL.

Reactions: Flik and ephmrl

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
A bit better in game 3, created a tad more, drew another penalty, still a long way to go but some progress I guess.

The funny thing is that he gets a ton of criticism for falling down but he's drawn so many penalties by falling down.

You'd otherwise think he's the biggest flopper in the league.

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
He is making $11.6 million dollars. $141,000 per game, which is double what the average college educated person in Canada makes in a single year.

But how much per minute is he making? Per second? Per millisecond? Per 2nd assist? What's the multiple he's earning over an apprentice plumber?

Yes he's paid well and needs to perform but this is just silly.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Why do Foote and Toch love Juulsen so much? He’s always been a disaster
Juulsen was ok last year, go read this board's thoughts on him during the regular season last year. People actually felt bad that he was the #7 healthy scratch dman after Zadorov was acquired lol.

But the underlying stats have never been kind to him.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
But how much per minute is he making? Per second? Per millisecond? Per 2nd assist? What's the multiple he's earning over an apprentice plumber?

Yes he's paid well and needs to perform but this is just silly.

I think mine is relevant, but yeah if you want to go deeper than that it's no different than splitting atoms.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
View attachment 917348

You have a low bar for best.
I disagree with the graph.

At some point, enough is enough. You can't just look good out there, you have to f***ing produce. This has been going on for nearly a half season's worth of games, including throughout a run where this team should have had a legitimate chance to win a Stanley Cup.

They do not have the ELC talent to make up for his plummet off a cliff. He was a problem at $7 million the way he's been playing...at $11.6 million, he has one of the worst value contracts in the entire NHL.
Lets hope he starts to produce more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad