GDT: Devils @ Hurricanes - 7:00 PM - MSG

Camille the Eel

Do need to learn how to salvage points out of games like this because they are going to happen.

Got close
Their go ahead goal with 40 seconds left at the end of the 2d period is the one you want back and that changed the whole game. We were trapped out there and gassed and I give them credit for exploiting that situation. That’s where the game changed.

Physically they did to us in the second period what we did to Utah yesterday. We were definitely lower energy and not as sharp as they were, however, back to back game traveling to their building and they are rested and looking for their first win of the season.

Wish Bratt hadn’t shanked that look at the wide open net at the end, or whatever he did to miss that chance. How did that not go in.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Even with a rough effort, they were in it. There are still some obvious lineup moves that I think should be made. Move Timo with Nico, move Dougie away from Dillon.

I can’t knock Markstrom at all. He kept us in this one when it truly wasn’t deserved. We weren’t generating enough in front of him and it came back to burn us eventually.

4-2 through our first 6 is a good start. Take the next one.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Their go ahead goal with 40 seconds left at the end of the 2d period is the one you want back and that changed the whole game. We were trapped out there and gassed and I give them credit for exploiting that situation. That’s where the game changed.

Physically they did to us in the second period what we did to Utah yesterday. We were definitely lower energy and not as sharp as they were, however, back to back game traveling to their building and they are rested and looking for their first win of the season.

Wish Bratt hadn’t shanked that look at the wide open net at the end, or whatever he did to miss that chance. How did that not go in.

Agreed. They get out of the 2nd tied and they probably get at least a point in this game.

That goal was a really tough pill

Reactions: Camille the Eel

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Just a mix of an old nickname from high-school, an old internet username that I don't even remember anymore, and I like alteration haha

Thank you for explaining I could never figure it out now I know why. Thank you again for what you did for me. That was nice and appreciate by me. Later

and here all along i thought the name was because it's a power hungry mod named eddy that needs assert themselves as an "emperor" ;)

Reactions: Camille the Eel

glenwo2

JESPER BRATWURST
Oct 18, 2008
New Jersey(No Fanz!)
image-png.917169
More proof that the Canes have a horseshoe up their ass.

glenwo2

JESPER BRATWURST
Oct 18, 2008
New Jersey(No Fanz!)
Bratt shanked that shot though I'm sure he wouldn't against ANY OTHER F*CKING TEAM but because it's the "luckiest team on the planet when facing only us", of course he shanks it...or slips on a banana peel....or loses his stick...or the sun was in his eyes.... :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I really.....really hate the Carolina Hurricanes.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Just got back from the game.

I don't understand why we have to wait until we're losing to play Casey on a regular shift, especially with how Dougie and Dillon were playing.

Nemec needs more AHL seasoning.
Dillon needs a demotion

Casey - Pesce
Siegs - Hamilton
Dillon - Kovacevic

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Just got back from the game.

I don't understand why we have to wait until we're losing to play Casey on a regular shift, especially with how Dougie and Dillon were playing.

Nemec needs more AHL seasoning.
Dillon needs a demotion

Casey - Pesce
Siegs - Hamilton
Dillon - Kovacevic

Casey is already above-average on the puck but is not that good otherwise. He absolutely cannot be on an R-R pair long-term, and is in no way ready to play a top pairing role.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
To me, still looks like a lot of figuring stuff out.

This team isn't crisp but again, they're staying in it when they're on their heels. Not like 22-23 where it was more like pulling something out of their ass, fourth quarter Jordan style, but an approach that's a lot more sustainable.

That being said, Carolina really did own the possession battle for most of it. This organization will truly turn it around and be back to the old days when this kind of game is more of a dogfight.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I didn't see the whole game but Casey and Nemec spend at least 2 shifts a game where they are totally buried on the forecheck with no way to get the puck out. Tonight was no different.
And that had nothing to do with Casey. Nemec has been terrible to below average in all but 1 game this year. Casey has had 1 bad period this season.

Reactions: bigd

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
To me, still looks like a lot of figuring stuff out.

This team isn't crisp but again, they're staying in it when they're on their heels. Not like 22-23 where it was more like pulling something out of their ass, fourth quarter Jordan style, but an approach that's a lot more sustainable.

That being said, Carolina really did own the possession battle for most of it.
The Devils were dominant through the first half of 22-23. Less so in the 2nd half of the season, but it was not a "pull something out their ass" type of season.

We are 4-2, and that's good, but given the 2 better teams we've faced controlled the games we lost, I can't yet say this years version is better then the 22-22 team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad