GDT: Devils @ Hurricanes - 7:00 PM - MSG

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
One of my favorite stats in the late 90s and early 00s before there were any other kind of advanced stats was the NHL.com score card tracking the amount of minutes were spent in each team's end and the neutral zone every game/every period.

They don't have that anymore on there, they did away with that by 2002 or maybe even 2001. But I know there are sites that still track that as I've seen it during games them listing time spent in each zone.

It felt like we maybe averaged 2-3 minutes each period in the O-zone, while they were in our D-zone for about 8-10 minutes per period.

Reactions: Dialamo

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I’m Palat’s strongest solider but man did he look washed tonight. Guy has been complete ass. He won’t be here for long with efforts like that.
It’s what happens to guys with average physical ability as they age. The brain can only do so much once you lose the hands and a quarter of a step .

Reactions: Dylan9z9

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Palat was plenty fine yesterday and Satueday.

I get people like to single him out but he was far from being alone in getting abused tonight
Yea but one is getting paid to not look anything like that, the other is getting paid to be able to be sat and not matter.

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Although Dougie been in on some offense chances, the fact he hasn't had that laser of a shot which would have a seeing eye to the net is a little concerning. He looks like he is deferring a lot more chances, even on that 5 on 3, he was deferring the shot to pass wide. Maybe it was circumstantial but he is not playing like the featured shooter (either by design or by his own choice)...

Reactions: vtdevils2k

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
So I’d reshuffle the lines as follows when Luke and Oesce return

Cotter Jack Bratt
Meier Nico Mercer
Casey Haula Noesen
Tatar Lazar Bastian
Palat - rotates with Tarar depending upon matchup

Siegs Dr. Evil
Luke Pesce
Dillon Kovy

Nemec to Utica to strengthen the shoulder and have intensive skating lessons. He needs a better first step.

So effectively an 11-7 lineup

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Although Dougie been in on some offense chances, the fact he hasn't had that laser of a shot which would have a seeing eye to the net is a little concerning. He looks like he is deferring a lot more chances, even on that 5 on 3, he was deferring the shot to pass wide. Maybe it was circumstantial but he is not playing like the featured shooter (either by design or by his own choice)...

The current PP system doesn't seem set up to feature his shot right now

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
It would be nice to see a breakdown but it sure seems like they played some rather tough minutes. Rod was coaching like there was no tomorrow
Doesn't look like it. Most common oppossing fwds for Palat were Robinson, Drury, Blake.

Edit: Least common opponent, Svechnikov, Aho Jarvis.

Most common D opponents Walker Orlov
Least common Slavin Burns.

That line did not have difficult matchups.

Last edited:

Deviled

Oct 10, 2024
I don't care what guys are being paid during the season. I care about whether guys have a role or not.

You can sort the contract shit out in the offseason
Not related to tonight.. but Palat's deal seems like the most likely to be moved for space to sign a youngster or middling vet. May cost us a pick or two, though

Only other option, to me it seems, is Hamilton; and Im not sure how fitting that is for the locker room and team PR

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
image.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad