Pre-Game Talk: Kings @ Leafs, Wednesday Oct, 16, 7:30 pm EST

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
He at least looks better than Timmins. And besides, it's better if he playing trade wise. Short term win/win.
apparently if he's not in the line up he'd like to be traded, so it's up to him what happens next, if he plays well he might stick, if not he won't and probably lessens his chances of playing elsewhere. It's all on Lilly's shoulders, he's the master of his own fate............

Kings gave up 8 to the Sens tonight.
might be looking for help on the D, too bad neither Timmins/Lilly wouldn't help in that regard.........

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I don’t like JT on the top unit

Rather Robertson, mcmann, knies, hell I’d rather have anyone

He can’t keep up
I like him on it, just not how they are using him. JT should not be the entry option coming across the blue line. That should go to Mitch, Willie or Matthews. There is no reason for BOTH 34 and 16 to be the ones carrying the puck up with the diddle-dee-doo drop backs.

If JT is down low or popping out in the low slot I think he is a perfect fit.

Good players get misused in every game, that is on the coaching staff not putting players in the best position to succeed. Let's see if this staff can make the proper adjustments. Every player has a strength that can help the team win... well almost.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I like him on it, just not how they are using him. JT should not be the entry option coming across the blue line. That should go to Mitch, Willie or Matthews. There is no reason for BOTH 34 and 16 to be the ones carrying the puck up with the diddle-dee-doo drop backs.

If JT is down low or popping out in the low slot I think he is a perfect fit.

Good players get misused in every game, that is on the coaching staff not putting players in the best position to succeed. Let's see if this staff can make the proper adjustments. Every player has a strength that can help the team win... well almost.
Maybe and tbf my biggest issue is the entry with him, it’s an auto turnover and down the ice.

I guess we will see if the coaching staff realizes this and moves him to be the guy who either sling shots the puck back or just doesn’t get the puck at all

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Maybe and tbf my biggest issue is the entry with him, it’s an auto turnover and down the ice.

I guess we will see if the coaching staff realizes this and moves him to be the guy who either sling shots the puck back or just doesn’t get the puck at all
It is infuriating to watch. Everyone knows that is where they are going with the puck. We should have 4-5 different entries. We seem to have that one, and then the odd random one if that is taken away. The second unit never seem to have trouble getting access. I would run two semi-loaded units to see if it works.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Kings were dog crap yesterday and I’m sure Hillier will try to get their attention, but the Leafs should be able to pounce on them tomorrow night. I expect a PP goal and a Mathew’s goal

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Kings were dog crap yesterday and I’m sure Hillier will try to get their attention, but the Leafs should be able to pounce on them tomorrow night. I expect a PP goal and a Mathew’s goal

they traded for PLD and then traded PLD LMAO so they are serious about about this season. they will re-group to put on a better show no doubt

Reactions: arso40

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
1729037383766.png

I heard Woll snapped his tibia while putting cream in his coffee.

The team needs to do better. The kid needs more rest. He drinks 3 coffees a day. Mostly in the morning. That's alot of work, especially because there are no rest days.

Last edited:
Reactions: PromisedLand

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Patches doesn't need to be playing every game at his age. He's been fine, but just fine.

Reaves really doesn't need to play against LA tho, these guys are kittens. I'd sit Reavo and get him ready for the next two, Rempe and Tampa

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Richest team in hockey can’t afford hand sanitizer. Last year there was stuff flying around the dressing room all year, let’s not see this again. Berube said a few guys are dealing with sickness, makes our start all the more impressive imo.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
That chart is pretty wild considering Tampa has only allowed 2 goals so far this season (in 2 games)
Right. Meanwhile Van hasn't won a game and are sitting comfortably at the top.

I hope actually this trwnd continues. Leafs continue to limit chances, while still generating a bunch.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
That chart is pretty wild considering Tampa has only allowed 2 goals so far this season (in 2 games)

It would've been made before their second game, so just one game against a really good Carolina team

Having said that they also weren't great defensively in the second one but Vasi has been in peak for to start the year

Reactions: Sypher04

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
It would've been made before their second game, so just one game against a really good Carolina team

Having said that they also weren't great defensively in the second one but Vasi has been in peak for to start the year

Oh good point. I didn’t notice the time of the post just the date in the graphic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad