Amazon Prime Monday Night Hockey

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I watched it on ESPN+. The video quality seemed way better than most anything else I've seen NHL wise in a long time. The graphics were great. I welcome them in the space.

Also ESPN's coverage of hockey by themselves is so hilariously bad that I hate their national games. Listening to Buccigross try and call hockey is comical.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Yes, you can watch it later, rewind live viewing and it even has quick recap. Its excellent
That’s perfect. That was my only concern because I often during the regular season will start a game an hour or so late after I get some stuff done and fast forward commercials/intermissions until I catch up.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
That’s perfect. That was my only concern because I often during the regular season will start a game an hour or so late after I get some stuff done and fast forward commercials/intermissions until I catch up.
Yes you can do that. It also has the quick 10 second skip. I usee Apple TV4K so everything is great. Havent used it on firestick yet

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
No. My device is flawless and I would never lower myself to do what you suggested. Prime needs to be better.
So far you’re the only one, who had issues, what are you using for an app,
Built into the TV, fire stick, Roku….lets try and narrow down the issue.
As the quality was great on Prime,

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
If your router is located in the basement, you need a hardwired mesh router setup, or a tri-band mesh setup if you can't wire them.
Yea. I was going to buy some and settup. Just have not had a chance.

This was for Canadian viewers since Sportsnet sold the rights to Amazon for Monday nights.

You must be responding to the wrong person, as I responded to the person who was actually having issues. What in this post you quoted, makes it sound like I was having issues.
Oh sorry. Wrong person, yes.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
No. My device is flawless and I would never lower myself to do what you suggested. Prime needs to be better.
Everyone has had great experience with Prime except you so its not Prime buddy. Just helping you to troubleshoot. Its either your connection or your device.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Everyone has had great experience with Prime except you so its not Prime buddy. Just helping you to troubleshoot. Its either your connection or your device.
You are not a tech support or a good keeper of statistics/surveys. Until it works better, I will keep saying it had glitches in the stream.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
You are not a tech support or a good keeper of statistics/surveys. Until it works better, I will keep saying it had glitches in the stream.
Why don’t you just say what you’re using as an app for Prime, I would be starting there if you’re convinced your internet is fine. There are so many ways, people access Prime, with some better than others.

If there were issues in a stream, it would have been mentioned, especially on social media, with a lot of exposure on first launch,.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Who is "everyone"? All the people on HFBoards? Stop using absolutes.
Everyone in this thread including me. Unless Prime also has a separate streaming server to serve only your house and another one to serve everyone else. Use your common sense and maybe use different devices with wired connection. If Prime was this crappy then most would be complaining here.

If you're experiencing blurry video quality on Amazon Prime Video, several factors could be contributing to this issue:

1. Internet Connection: A slow or unstable internet connection can lead to lower video quality. Prime Video automatically adjusts the streaming quality based on your bandwidth. If your connection is weak, it may default to a lower resolution.
  2. Device Limitations: Some devices may not support higher resolutions or may have limited processing power, which can affect video quality.
  3. Settings: Check your streaming quality settings within the app. Sometimes, the settings may be set to a lower quality to save data. You can adjust this in the app’s settings under "Streaming Quality."
  4. Network Congestion: If many devices are using the same network, it can lead to congestion and reduce available bandwidth for streaming.
  5. App Issues: Occasionally, there may be bugs or issues with the app itself. Ensure your app is updated to the latest version. Restarting the app or your device may also help.
  6. Content Quality: Not all content is available in high resolution. Some older titles may not have been remastered for higher quality.
  7. Browser Issues: If you are watching on a web browser, ensure it's up to date. Some browsers may not support higher streaming resolutions optimally.
To improve the situation, consider checking your internet speed, adjusting your settings, or restarting your devices.

You dont need to be a technical guru to know what the problem is. Just search online and find out your problem.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Everyone in this thread including me. Unless Prime also has a separate streaming server to serve only your house and another one to serve everyone else. Use your common sense and maybe use different devices with wired connection. If Prime was this crappy then most would be complaining here.

If you're experiencing blurry video quality on Amazon Prime Video, several factors could be contributing to this issue:

1. Internet Connection: A slow or unstable internet connection can lead to lower video quality. Prime Video automatically adjusts the streaming quality based on your bandwidth. If your connection is weak, it may default to a lower resolution.
  2. Device Limitations: Some devices may not support higher resolutions or may have limited processing power, which can affect video quality.
  3. Settings: Check your streaming quality settings within the app. Sometimes, the settings may be set to a lower quality to save data. You can adjust this in the app’s settings under "Streaming Quality."
  4. Network Congestion: If many devices are using the same network, it can lead to congestion and reduce available bandwidth for streaming.
  5. App Issues: Occasionally, there may be bugs or issues with the app itself. Ensure your app is updated to the latest version. Restarting the app or your device may also help.
  6. Content Quality: Not all content is available in high resolution. Some older titles may not have been remastered for higher quality.
  7. Browser Issues: If you are watching on a web browser, ensure it's up to date. Some browsers may not support higher streaming resolutions optimally.
To improve the situation, consider checking your internet speed, adjusting your settings, or restarting your devices.

You dont need to be a technical guru to know what the problem is. Just search online and find out your problem.
People have tried to help several times. Including you and I, poster refuses help and won’t answer a single question posed.
Just wants to continue being stubborn,

It’s becoming funny now. Until poster answers some debugging questions, just leave it be now, you can’t help someone that doesn’t want it. All great suggestions btw.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
I'll have to look harder I guess but I cant seem to figure out how to watch this 2 days later on prime . It says ''event over'' and nothing seems to lead me to believe its archived

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
So far you’re the only one, who had issues, what are you using for an app,
Built into the TV, fire stick, Roku….lets try and narrow down the issue.
As the quality was great on Prime,
OT but going to ask here while I've got you. I have two TV's I watch on, one laptop. I run a Firestick on one TV and have no complaints. I've run a Roku on several TV's in the past and generally no complaints.

Right now I am running SN app directly through one of my TV's and it is painful, in fact the whole HiSense TV is painful, terrible WiFi even though my signal is strong down in the basement, slow to load everything at the best of times.

If I go through a Roku or buy another Firestick is this likely to be solved? Is Apple TV the gold standard? This is a general question about what the best plug in device to stream on a TV is (hockey in particular) but also if going direct through the TV is generally the worst option, or if HiSense TV's just suck.

Thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad