OT - NO POLITICS August edition - The summer wind came blowin' in……

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Okay we finally decided on names!

Duchess and Toulouse.

From The Aristocats.

Middle names, still deciding.

I have photos from the foster home.This is the little girl. She's bossy and a princess. I've never had a girl cat, but my mom named me after her favorite cat she had as a teenager and loved her so I'm excited for this journey.

20240826_182904.jpg

20240826_183243.jpg

And here's the boy! Yes, he looks a LOT like my Pugsley. I think that's why I was taken to him.

Screenshot_20240827_105846_Chrome.jpg

20240826_182938.jpg
Screenshot_20240827_203650_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240827_203725_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240827_203147_Gallery.jpg

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida

Duchess and Toulouse.

From The Aristocats.

I have photos from the foster home.This is the little girl. She's bossy and a princess. I've never had a girl cat, but my mom named me after her favorite cat she had as a teenager and loved her so I'm excited for this journey.

View attachment 903546

View attachment 903545

And here's the boy! Yes, he looks a LOT like my Pugsley. I think that's why I was taken to him.

View attachment 903548

View attachment 903547View attachment 903551
View attachment 903552

View attachment 903553
So happy for you!
Female cats tend to be more talkative and dominant - bossy of other cats. They are often referred to as the "Molly" or "Queen"
Unless you want more kittens, and possible defects if they are brother and sister, be sure to get them fixed. Just saying.
Have fun, kittens are so playful and curious.

• Love
Reactions: Mione134

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
True. Patrice is neutral en Francis.
I did try for Patrice!

I got pretty close until we discussed the Aristocats. One of our favorite movies. I know the grey cat in the movie is named Berlioz. But I just love the name Toulouse. I have for years Then Duchess just had to be the girl. Middle names are hard. I like Roux. I like Marie. Luna. For the girl.

The boy has me stumped. He almost was named Baloo too because I love The Jungle Book. Would it work as a middle? Not sure. I take names very seriously for my pets. 😅🤣

Other names that were considered:
Luke and Leia
Mulder and Scully/Ripley were close in the race.

So happy for you!
Female cats tend to be more talkative and dominant - bossy of other cats. They are often referred to as the "Molly" or "Queen"
Unless you want more kittens, and possible defects if they are brother and sister, be sure to get them fixed. Just saying.
Have fun, kittens are so playful and curious.

They are from a cat rescue. They have both been neutered and spayed. All shots are current. Microchipped, etc.

I would never not gotten them fixed if the shelter didn't provide that service before you adopt. I always spay and neuter. Bob Barker told me so!

This place does everything before you adopt, which I appreciate! It's going to cost 700 for the pair. I find that reasonable because of the services they do before you take them home. They take it very seriously. I am greatful I was picked and chosen so quickly.

Last edited:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I don't know what to say or why I'm posting it here. But I feel like I need to.

My cat had a heart attack and died at my feet almost 2 hours ago.

He came upstairs. Greeted me. I patted him. I turned around. The next thing I hear is him drop. I turn back around, I thought he was having a seizure. Within seconds he's dead.

I am numb. My entire family is. I've cried so hard I dont know if I have tear ducts anymore. My cat was not sick. He was not overweight. He was not old. He just turned 8 in July. My world won't be the same anymore.

Hug your pets for me.

This is the last photo I took of him.

View attachment 902675

Rest in Paradise, Sir Pugsley Bellamy William.

You were, and are the best thing to happen to our lives.
I'm really sorry to hear this... Losing a pet is a deep hurt.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I'm really sorry to hear this... Losing a pet is a deep hurt.
It's a grief that is so deep. Especially when next month it'll be a year since my little dog passed away. I miss them both so much.

I still feel like my cat is going to walk and greet me in the middle of the night. His ashes will be ready for pickup tomorrow. It never gets easier with these things :(

It's been 6 days since Pugsley passed and I have to think to myself, am I not processing the grief and rushing into adopting not 1, but 2 cats? Maybe. But I feel like there's a reason why I saw these bonded siblings. There's a reason why my application was picked. I was chosen to bring these babies into my home. And I truly feel like my Pugsley is guiding me to do this. My heart needs this.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Duchess and Toulouse.

From The Aristocats.

View attachment 903546

View attachment 903545

View attachment 903548

View attachment 903547View attachment 903551
View attachment 903552

View attachment 903553

Simply adorable!!! And I like The Aristocats too!

• Love

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

The castles are starting to crumble. All the main players are involved in all three.

Justice for Sandra Birchmore. Justice for John O'Keefe, Justice for Karen Read.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
For those that have dated and have kids from a previous relationship. How long before you let the kids (girls 10-12) see/know about this other person?

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston

The castles are starting to crumble. All the main players are involved in all three.

Justice for Sandra Birchmore. Justice for John O'Keefe, Justice for Karen Read.
This won’t be the only arrest, disgusting pieces of s*it…

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
For those that have dated and have kids from a previous relationship. How long before you let the kids (girls 10-12) see/know about this other person?
I did it way too soon, and both the lady friend and I realize that now, but it worked out ok anyway.

Probably varies case by case, but I would think at least a few months. Then you slowly lean into the "mom/dad has a new friend" thing

Depending on the situation, it may also be worth it to ask the inputs of the current "other person" and the proverbial ex

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
American Express just texted me asking if I bought $3126.43 worth of items at

Anmol Meat & Grocery
2906 W Devon Ave. Chicago, IL 60659
🤬
I hope they didn't mention the significant portion spent on cookies *looks around nervously*

In all seriousness, that sucks. Why are people like that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad