OT - NO POLITICS August edition - The summer wind came blowin' in……

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Brought the kitties home. They're a little afraid but that's okay. I'm so happy. I love them so much.

My dog doesn't care about them at all. She sniffed the carrier and walked away. :laugh:

20240830_195657.jpg

20240830_183402.jpg
20240830_183407.jpg

Welcome home, Toulouse Léo and Duchess Marie.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
  • Love
Reactions: Mione134 and BMC

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
The kitties are staying in my sister's room tonight.

We want them to feel comfortable and not overwhelmed because they were hiding since we got them. They'll adjust. I love them so much already. I got the same water bowl and litter box the foster mom was using so it's familiar to them. They're so docile when I took them out from under a cabinet and brought them downstairs. They didn't hiss or scratch. They just were looking around. 😂

20240830_213315.jpg

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
The kitties are staying in my sister's room tonight.

We want them to feel comfortable and not overwhelmed because they were hiding since we got them. They'll adjust. I love them so much already. I got the same water bowl and litter box the foster mom was using so it's familiar to them. They're so docile when I took them out from under a cabinet and brought them downstairs. They didn't hiss or scratch. They just were looking around. 😂

View attachment 904178
When I brought Hattie home she spent most of the first 2-3 days in the crate she was used to, by her choice. Now she only goes in if I put her in there. She loves the couch, recliner, and big bed. Sometimes I get to use them too. :laugh:

I think they will adjust quickly.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
When I brought Hattie home she spent most of the first 2-3 days in the crate she was used to, by her choice. Now she only goes in if I put her in there. She loves the couch, recliner, and big bed. Sometimes I get to use them too. :laugh:

I think they will adjust quickly.
That makes me happy!

The other cats that I've had, they never hid so I was a bit worried. But this hives me hope. It's a big adjustment for them. They're so sweet. I feel bad they're scared. Hopefully it gets better day by day.

Reactions: BMC

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Five questions for the week:

1) Is there a TV series that you think had a terrible ending or one that didn't have a true ending and then was cancelled with a cliff hanger?

2) What was the first band or artist you loved?

3) If you like to read, do you prefer physical books or do you use an e-reader, maybe both? Do you listen to audio books?

4) Do you still have a favourite item from your childhood, whether a toy, stuffed animal, etc.?

5) If financially possible, would you go back to school and what would you study? I know some of you are still going to school, if so, when are you going to be graduating and if you don't mind sharing, what are you studying?

Reactions: rfournier103

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

1) Is there a TV series that you think had a terrible ending or one that didn't have a true ending and then was cancelled with a cliff hanger?

3) If you like to read, do you prefer physical books or do you use an e-reader, maybe both? Do you listen to audio books?

4) Do you still have a favourite item from your childhood, whether a toy, stuffed animal, etc.?

5) If financially possible, would you go back to school and what would you study? I know some of you are still going to school, if so, when are you going to be graduating and if you don't mind sharing, what are you studying?
1. GOT could have had a better ending.

2. The Beatles (I was in love with Paul McCartney in 6th grade)

3 .Physical book. Also, paperbacks are easier when you are lying in bed.

4. After Mom left this earth, we were cleaning out the house and I found my old bunny (with a plastic face) in the attic that I had since I was a baby. He was pretty beat up, but I have him in my house.

5. I like to read and learn new stuff but am no longer interested in returning for full time school (at 71)

Reactions: caz16

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts

There was a cop show called “Golden Boy” that ended on a cliffhanger because it was cancelled. Wasn’t a great show, but it was entertaining.
Metallica
Definitely physical books for sure.
I can’t think of one, so I guess not.
I already have my BS, so I’d go back and finish law school. Not 100% sure what I’d concentrate in, but I seem to have a knack for criminal law so I might go with that.

And since money is no object, I’ll be enrolling at the University of Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana, and getting my law degree there. Go Irish.

Reactions: BMC and caz16

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Carnival . Cancelled with no ending.
Also didnt care for GoT ending.

David Bowie.

Physical books. Prefer paperback with large font.

Not that I can think of.

Nope.

Reactions: caz16

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

1) Dexter - I loved that series and the ending was so lame.

2) David Cassidy of the Partridge Family - huge crush, Tiger Beat posters all over my walls....until I discovered hockey.

3) I love physical books.

4) My stuff was left behind in England when we moved, it cost too much to bring over. I think that is why I hang onto certain things now. For me, it is my teddy bear (12th birthday - Mom sewed a Bruins crest on his tummy and knitted him a tiny Bruins sweater - his name? Bobby

5) I would love to study archeology and ancient history, just for fun.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

I thought the ending to Friday Night Lights could have been better.

I would have to say Boyz II Men.

I listen to audiobooks exclusively these days. After spending 8-10 hours a day on a computer the last thing I want to do is read something with smallish print. My eyes can't take it. If I truly want to read a book and it is not on Audible, I will read the physical book.

I still have my Care Bears. I have Bedtime Bear, Wish Bear and Brightheart Raccoon.

I would go back to take French and I would possibly go to law school part time

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Honestly, it's noticed even from where I sit. Good on you brother, I'm super happy for you.

Thank you. Im planning to change my whole life around. Eat better and be more disciplined

Doing little things until my job starts on the 16th to stay active

Dont get me wrong I also still smoke but its not the crutch it was along with pills

I look forward to a nice smoke on the beach after a shift in the future

• Love
Reactions: TD Charlie

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I think the rain is finally gone so it is time to go down to the pool for a bit before my massage

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL

1. Seinfeld
2. The Who
3. I like both. I enjoy having a book in my hand, but hate the clutter of having a bunch of books around that I've already read. I don't do audio books.
4. I still have my toy box that my grandfather gave me for my 1st birthday. Its basically a giant wooden crate with a heavy lid. No way it would be "child safe" by today's standards. I keep my baseball cards in it.
5. I've thought about it but probably won't do it. If I did, I'd get a PHD in history.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
The decluttering has begun.

The amount of insignificant junk you accumulate over the years is ridiculous. I've just been sitting here laughing at myself.

Out it goes!!

• Love
Reactions: Alicat and BMC

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
20240831_142531.jpg

20240831_142535.jpg

20240831_143257.jpg

20240831_143328.jpg

The babies are coming around. The boy loves cuddling in bed with my sister. The little girl is getting there. She looks to her brother for reassurance. They love to purr.

They're smaller in person. I don't know why they look big on camera 😂

Last edited:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
The decluttering has begun.

The amount of insignificant junk you accumulate over the years is ridiculous. I've just been sitting here laughing at myself.

Out it goes!!

The 3 year rule: if you haven’t worn or used it in the last 3 years out it goes.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
The 3 year rule: if you haven’t worn or used it in the last 3 years out it goes.
Yeah, I've done that; and with my luck as soon as I get rid of something I end up needing it and have to buy a new one.

• Haha
Reactions: BMC

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019
My rule is if you buy something new, get rid of something old, preferably more than one item of the old stuff.

Reactions: caz16 and BMC

Johnny Upton

Jul 5, 2003
Boston

1) I love the late 70s Incredible Hulk TV series and it was cancelled before it could get a proper ending. The post-series films aren’t that good so I don’t consider them an ending.

2) Dire Straits - Money for Nothing was the first tape I ever bought with my own money.

3) Always physical books.

4) My grandmother knitted me a Spider-Man when I was young and I still have it.

5) I graduated with an MS in Emergency Management in 2014 and that’s all for me for school. I have no desire to go back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad