OT - NO POLITICS August edition - The summer wind came blowin' in……

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Anyone know a good app to create daily workouts?

Apple app has me watching videos
This other one just wants me to lift weights

I want to lose weight and gain muscle

I may need a trainer

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida

I may need a trainer
I was a certified personal fitness trainer back in the late 90's.
I have continued to work with people throughout the years as well as my own programs. I have never use an app but have done much research when creating workout programs.
Two most important things ...
1. Do things you enjoy and challenge yourself with one or two things you might not like as much but know you need to include them. Doing things you enjoy you'll most likely stick with it.

2. Do what you can to learn about nutrition I know that can seem overwhelming, but try to learn the basics. Eating the wrongs foods can negate all your hard training work.

Otherwise, plan a workout schedule for about 6 - 8 weeks and chart your progress. You'll be amazed when you look back and see how you have progressed. Also, you won't be guessing what to do each training session.

Remember, your challenge is with yourself and learning discipline. You are not competing against others ... work at you own pace for where your body is at. It is a four letter word called, time.

You might want to check out Critical Bench they are located in the Clearwater/Tampa area ...
Muscle Building & Strength Training Workout Tips
Best of luck.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Pizza Rat 🍕🐁 Says, turn over a new leaf.

It's September (!)

Happy official end of summer Labor Day.

AUTUMN 🥮 🍁 BECKONS.

I don't know about you but I have four days off.

Apropos of nothing at all,

"Go back to Starbucks,"

Smaht park,

Bill Burr doesn't think so,

Larry, Craig, George and Arnold,

Bonus track:

~ Fin ~

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Isnt it September 1st?

Attachments

• IMG_3527.jpeg
    IMG_3527.jpeg
    179.9 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: eightspokedb

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

I may need a trainer
I don't have any specific workouts, but what I will say is that what worked the best for me in terms of getting toned was a PPL split (push pull legs). One day focus on pushing actions (i.e. triceps, chest press, lat raise, etc.), the next day pull actions (row, bicep curl, pulldowns), the next legs. Supposedly the science behind it is that it takes a muscle group a few days for full recovery, so splitting it up leaves whatever you're working on that day to be at 100% for strength building.

I want to get back to that routine but life's gotten in the way too much. Hopefully in the fall I'll be better able to work it into the schedule.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
There are people who love Halloween more, or as much as, Christmas. It has become such a huge market.
I LOVE halloween and horror movies. Mostly the shitty slasher and gorey italian ones

Spirit used to be a much much better store but like you said its become huge. I remember they used to have custom masks. I got my custom Michael myers mask there. By custom I mean like ones made by like artists and they only had one in store.

When I lived in Las Vegas and the Bay Area there were stores who had halloween and horror movie stuff year round but cant find anywhere like that here yet

Mainly its funny that this place has been here since august and people complain about Christmas

Idk why I started to blab lol

Reactions: caz16

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Signed the lease for the duplex today. Met the landlords in person at their house. Super nice older couple, lived here since 1968.

The duplex is located in one of the older communities in town, which used to be "the place" to live back in the day. Now it's just a nice, quiet, well maintained older neighborhood where the houses aren't all cookie cutter stacked on top of each other. It's near Old Hickory Lake (essentially the Cumberland River) so there are a lot of waterfront properties nearby. The landlord's mom used to work for the guy who built most of the houses back there, and he built the duplex for her. She passed away years ago and so they've just rented it out. Based on our conversation, as long as we're both happy this could be long term. They'd like having a stable tenant who pays rent on time and doesn't cause problems, and I'd like a nice quiet house where I can stay and not have to think about moving again anytime soon. Win win.

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
officially went on a medical leave starting August 2nd to address mental health challenges.

Applied for medical EI on Monday the 5th, finally just notified my claim accepted, first payment, September 3/4

Full month without a paycheck, and Medical EI pays 55% of your total salary/wage which is laughable

No wonder ppl remain sick, can`t afford to live off what the Gov`t issues so they return to work having to avoid financial ruin and never get the help they deserve and need

Now looking at Skip the Dishes type gigs just to earn some extra money to stay afloat

Part of me grateful for the 55%, the other part of me finds it terrible that it feels like anyone going on a med leave to address legit challenges gets kicked in the nuts with a laughable wage
Healing Blessings...

Reactions: ODAAT

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Signed the lease for the duplex today. Met the landlords in person at their house. Super nice older couple, lived here since 1968.

The duplex is located in one of the older communities in town, which used to be "the place" to live back in the day. Now it's just a nice, quiet, well maintained older neighborhood where the houses aren't all cookie cutter stacked on top of each other. It's near Old Hickory Lake (essentially the Cumberland River) so there are a lot of waterfront properties nearby. The landlord's mom used to work for the guy who built most of the houses back there, and he built the duplex for her. She passed away years ago and so they've just rented it out. Based on our conversation, as long as we're both happy this could be long term. They'd like having a stable tenant who pays rent on time and doesn't cause problems, and I'd like a nice quiet house where I can stay and not have to think about moving again anytime soon. Win win.
Match made in heaven!
Congrats!

Reactions: eightspokedb

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Have another eye doctor appointment on the other side of Nashville. Decided to take a route that avoided highway driving but which of course took me right through downtown.

Downtown Nashville driving is horrendous. For example, the road suddenly splits in two directions and the GPS gives zero indication and you have no time to think so you just have to pick what appears to be most logical while avoiding hitting everyone else who is trying to do the same thing. Thankfully it appears I made all the right decisions because I made it lol. The drive back ought to be fun :help:

I have no idea how people live and commute anywhere near downtown. It's nightmare fuel for me.

• Wow
Reactions: BMC

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I don't know if anyone remembers this, but months ago I posted about my neighbors cat who is constantly outside in the cold and heat because the owners travel and leave it outside, etc etc

And how my other neighbor wanted to put up some shelter for it because she felt bad.

Well tonight as I was putting the recycle in the bin, my neighbor talked to me through the fence, and the kitty has been living in her home for the past month and is simply a doll. She was coming back n forth in her garage, until one day she finally came inside. She named her Marlowe. She's getting her spayed soon. She did have an infection in her paw from being outside but the vet took care of it. And now she is living her best indoor cat life.

The neighbors who own her have been home this entire time and have not looked for her or seem to care about the cat.

And I'm not saying shit to them.🤐 🤷‍♀️

Just a happy update to a situation that bummed me out. No animal should have to live like that. Don't get an animal if you aren't prepared to take care of it!

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Today is National Rarebit Day....I know they seem to have a day for everything, but has anyone here ever had rarebit? The only reason I know the name is because of this:

View attachment 904692

Yes I've had it, in Wales where it comes from. Despite the odd rabbity name, it is basically just fancy cheese on toast. Quite nice, though I'm not sure it's earned a national day!

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Random thought - I wish salad dressing bottles came with some type of little spray nozzle. I always put too much.
My random thought of the day was that drive-thrus with two lanes that merge into one need to have some sort of control for the merge to prevent idiots from jumping in front of you when they ordered after you. I can't imagine the two lane system is really any more efficient, other than maybe kind of shortening the total length of the line around the building.

I'm no fast food magnate...I just hate the merge lol

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Clutterbug on YouTube is doing a 30 day decluttering program. Five minutes a day, different area each day, find five things to trash or donate. I figured this is great timing, so I'm trying to follow along. Started with my entryway closet and ditched way more than five things. But I didn't overdo it. I still need to organize the dog paraphernalia under the entry bench but that can be a 10 minute project later. Besides, my back was starting to kill me because now I'm old or something.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Have another eye doctor appointment on the other side of Nashville. Decided to take a route that avoided highway driving but which of course took me right through downtown.

Downtown Nashville driving is horrendous. For example, the road suddenly splits in two directions and the GPS gives zero indication and you have no time to think so you just have to pick what appears to be most logical while avoiding hitting everyone else who is trying to do the same thing. Thankfully it appears I made all the right decisions because I made it lol. The drive back ought to be fun :help:

I have no idea how people live and commute anywhere near downtown. It's nightmare fuel for me.
And further to my point about crazy Nashville.... this happened this morning... text from a local news reporter Nick Beres on Facebook:

UPDATED: THE STORY BEHIND THE WRECK THAT CAUSED MASSIVE GRIDLOCK THIS MORNING IN NASHVILLE.
The guy crashed … the guy ran from the scene … the guy jumped from a bridge not realizing the drop … and he suffered serious injuries not in the crash, but from the jump.
Metro police report:
The man was driving a Toyota Camry eastbound at a high rate of speed on I-40 where I-24 East and I-40 East merge.
He came up on another vehicle and attempted to change lanes, but due to his speed, lost control of the car.
The Camry crashed through a metal guard rail on the left side of the Interstate and became airborne, landing upside down on the left shoulder of I-40 West.
After the crash, the driver — who was not wearing a seat belt — exited the car and ran across all four lanes of I-24 West/I-40 West.
Then he jumping from the bridge over Hermitage Avenue onto a small ledge.
He then jumped from that ledge all the way down onto the sidewalk along Hermitage Avenue.
Officers found him there with life-threatening injuries.
He was rushed to Vanderbilt Medical Center.
There is no evidence that he was impaired.
At the time of the crash, he had three outstanding warrants for two probation violations and failure to appear.
That westbound stretch of the interstate into the city was closed from 3 a-m until 9 a-m.
THERE YOU HAVE IT.

• Wow

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
I don't know if anyone remembers this, but months ago I posted about my neighbors cat who is constantly outside in the cold and heat because the owners travel and leave it outside, etc etc

And how my other neighbor wanted to put up some shelter for it because she felt bad.

Well tonight as I was putting the recycle in the bin, my neighbor talked to me through the fence, and the kitty has been living in her home for the past month and is simply a doll. She was coming back n forth in her garage, until one day she finally came inside. She named her Marlowe. She's getting her spayed soon. She did have an infection in her paw from being outside but the vet took care of it. And now she is living her best indoor cat life.

The neighbors who own her have been home this entire time and have not looked for her or seem to care about the cat.

And I'm not saying shit to them.🤐 🤷‍♀️

Just a happy update to a situation that bummed me out. No animal should have to live like that. Don't get an animal if you aren't prepared to take care of it!
for life!

• Love
Reactions: BMC and Mione134

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad