OT - NO POLITICS August edition - The summer wind came blowin' in……

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Five questions for the week:

1) Is there a TV series that you think had a terrible ending or one that didn't have a true ending and then was cancelled with a cliff hanger?

2) What was the first band or artist you loved?

3) If you like to read, do you prefer physical books or do you use an e-reader, maybe both? Do you listen to audio books?

4) Do you still have a favourite item from your childhood, whether a toy, stuffed animal, etc.?

5) If financially possible, would you go back to school and what would you study? I know some of you are still going to school, if so, when are you going to be graduating and if you don't mind sharing, what are you studying?

1. No
2. Elton John
3. Physical book
4. The bear from Snuggle fabric softener
5. Yes and I'd major in history.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
So ...for those who like their coffee drinks...beware.

1725135492603.png

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
My rule is if you buy something new, get rid of something old, preferably more than one item of the old stuff.
When we cleared my parents' house after the sudden death of my Mom and then my Dad just seven months later.....the stuff they kept was a lesson to us.

My father was a brilliant man and made incredible items, he could fix anything.....then old age came and he had a lot of broken items that he never got to. The funniest thing was he had a package of popsicle sticks for crafts like miniature doll's house furniture, unopened. He also had a ziplock of used popsicle sticks with the orange stains on them....lol...because he might need those 1000 in the other package.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

1) Is there a TV series that you think had a terrible ending or one that didn't have a true ending and then was cancelled with a cliff hanger?

3) If you like to read, do you prefer physical books or do you use an e-reader, maybe both? Do you listen to audio books?

4) Do you still have a favourite item from your childhood, whether a toy, stuffed animal, etc.?

5) If financially possible, would you go back to school and what would you study? I know some of you are still going to school, if so, when are you going to be graduating and if you don't mind sharing, what are you studying?
1. Freaks and Geeks ended on a kind of a cliffhanger and deserved a second season
2. I remember the first cassette I got was Michael Jackson's Bad. In terms of artists, it might've been Weird Al, as stupid as it sounds. But we were all 9 year old boys once.
3. Physical books are a better experience for reading, but the downside is that they take up space. I have a lot of books in the garage that I have no use for (and are too niche academic texts to give away to a library). I can't do audiobooks. I don't have the ability to sit there doing physically nothing and listen. And even if I'm occupying myself and running or doing dishes, I zone out and miss things.
4. All my stuffed animals from childhood got thrown out when I went to college.
5. I've been to grad school and like being in an academic setting, though I'm good for now. I would like to be one of those people who retires then goes back to school just for the sake of learning. I like being with other people interested in the same things, that's one of the very few things I miss about academia. If I could go to college again for fun, I'd probably focus on linguistics, German language, or theology.

• Love
Reactions: BMC and caz16

MustardStew

Lurking Lurker
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2003
Hillsborough, NC

1) Firefly

2) Foreigner. Blame my dad haha

3) Definitely Kindle! I don't listen to audiobooks, I can't keep up attention and I have people talking at me all day for work...

4) Nope

5) I don't think so... I'd prolly like to expand on my music minor, but the draw's not that strong...

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010

Mad About You. The final season was unwatchable and by the finale I was really only hate watching, which was sad because it had been on of my wife and my favorite shows.

Probably The Police

Physical books, but I don't read nearly as much as I used to...

Still have a few childhood things...I am probably too sentimental.

I would love to go back to school and get an LLM (essentially a Mater's degree in law) in Space Law...there are a few really cool online options for this, but I definitely need to finish paying for my youngest's college first before I even think about gong back to school again!

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I allowed the stress of the last year to push me to cigarettes - today is my last day, wish me luck my friends

Yes it’s an awful habit, I don’t need those reminders - there’s a reason I’m dropping them
Good for you! I have seen friends who smoked die from cancer....You need to stick around for your son (and his Mom)

Reactions: BMC and NeelyDan

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Just a reminder, we have a pet thread for pics of dogs and cats. It keeps this thread from being a bit cluttered. Keep posting the pics there though, there are a lot of animal lovers here. I will do the same since I am guilty of it too.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just a reminder, we have a pet thread for pics of dogs and cats. It keeps this thread from being a bit cluttered. Keep posting the pics there though, there are a lot of animal lovers here. I will do the same since I am guilty of it too.
Good reminder!

Reactions: caz16

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I allowed the stress of the last year to push me to cigarettes - today is my last day, wish me luck my friends

Yes it’s an awful habit, I don’t need those reminders - there’s a reason I’m dropping them
Wishing you lots of luck, maybe you do need reminders. I have scarring on my lungs and have never smoked - my Dad chain smoked which they think did the damage in my childhood.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton

One of the reasons I quit working graveyards in warehouses was all the cigarettes I smoked. I mean I was a maybe 2-3 pack smoker a week depending but still. The way it make you smell all the time.

On occasion ill socially smoke a cigar or a cigarette but that’s its.

Youve got this and you have a community behind u if u feel week.

• Love
Reactions: NeelyDan

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Behold, the world's smallest sewing machine.... or at least the smallest one I've ever seen lol. I think it belonged to my grandmother, and my mom passed it along to me and it ended up in the back of a drawer. Probably hasn't been used in 50 years lol.

20240901_133530.jpg

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
We got more rain here in the last two hours than in the entire month of August, or so says the NWS.

Cooler temps too, yay

• Wow

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
The last long weekend of summer! Bruins hockey just a few weeks away now. Enjoy the holiday, I hope the weather is as nice where you are as it is here. Perfect weather at 19C (66F) and sunny, going down to 5C (41F) tonight. A beautiful day for a walk to enjoy nature and a beautiful cool night for sleep.

1725270941395.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad