OT - NO POLITICS August edition - The summer wind came blowin' in……

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Just bought this thing on Amazon. Never thought I'd spend $80 on a dustbuster but boy, does it work as advertised on pet hair. And anyway, i used a gift card from our health insurance wellness plan so i didn't actually pay anything for it lol. Added bonus, now I have something I can use in my car instead of having to go to a car wash place.

View attachment 899895
Wow I’m all over this going to check out

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Okay we finally decided on names!

Duchess and Toulouse.

From The Aristocats.

Middle names, still deciding.

I have photos from the foster home.This is the little girl. She's bossy and a princess. I've never had a girl cat, but my mom named me after her favorite cat she had as a teenager and loved her so I'm excited for this journey.

View attachment 903546

View attachment 903545

And here's the boy! Yes, he looks a LOT like my Pugsley. I think that's why I was taken to him.

View attachment 903548

View attachment 903547View attachment 903551
View attachment 903552

View attachment 903553
congrats

Cats are great ~ my two were named after Charlie Coyle/McAvoy & Bergeron

My dog was named Tessie because we got her the day before the Fenway Bruins-Flyers game and they play that song after winning

Anyone who owns and animal but more importantly treats them with compassion is a winner in my book

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Apparently it’s time to sign my life away on the house. Working towards an end of September closing. Final number came in well over the original estimate we were given, but 15k less than what I predicted, so I’ll take it

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Treated ourselves to some filets from Whole Foods. Freaking delicious. Simple seasoning, seared in cast iron and finished in the oven. Also made a mustard cream sauce.

YUM.

IMG_9559.jpeg

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Apparently it’s time to sign my life away on the house. Working towards an end of September closing. Final number came in well over the original estimate we were given, but 15k less than what I predicted, so I’ll take it
Our contractor can't get the subs until next year so the building process is on hold.

Had a new plan drawn that reduces the foundation size by 400 sq ft.
Moved the 2 other bedrooms into the basement

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Our contractor can't get the subs until next year so the building process is on hold.

Are you kidding?! Oh that’s maddening I’m sorry man. Our timelines shifted a couple months but luckily the scope didn’t have to change that much. Nothing like you’re describing here. That’s freaking brutal

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL

That's bullshit.

Maybe your contractor can't get the subs for the price he quoted you until next year.....but I bet he can get the subs if he needed them.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Put this together just now for the kitties.

20240828_220424.jpg

20240828_220447.jpg

They'll outgrow it soon, but they can always use the other one thats tall, that I put together many years ago. It took me hours! (My nephew in the picture will be 11 next month) My late cat loved it.

Screenshot_20240828_221325_Gallery.jpg

I'm so nervous and excited. I go and pick them up Friday evening.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Unless some wrinkle develops when i look at the lease, looks like I will be moving into a duplex around November 1.

Soooooooo excited!
So glad you were able to get something worked out. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you!

One lesson I learned wile moving was if you are on the fence about something when packing, toss it. I threw away a number of items I wish I had purged before I moved.

Treated ourselves to some filets from Whole Foods. Freaking delicious. Simple seasoning, seared in cast iron and finished in the oven. Also made a mustard cream sauce.

YUM.

View attachment 903739
Do you ship across the country?

That looks incredible.

Reactions: TD Charlie

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Put this together just now for the kitties.

View attachment 903751

View attachment 903752

They'll outgrow it soon, but they can always use the other one thats tall, that I put together many years ago. It took me hours! (My nephew in the picture will be 11 next month) My late cat loved it.

View attachment 903753

I'm so nervous and excited. I go and pick them up Friday evening.

You do understand they will prefer to play in the box it came in, right? :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad