Prospect Info: Oilers Rookie at the Penticton Young Stars Classic

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
You can tell that 5 of the 6 defensemen the Oilers have on the roster are undrafted camp invites, there is a distinct lack of talent on the backend(offensively or defensively). The left side defensemen look particularly bad as they have imitated pylons several times when defending one on one off the rush. Most of them are junior level defensive defensemen, and they look outright ineffective at defending the blueline at a very low competition level.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Clattenburg is an absolute beauty

I’ve actually really liked Lajoie too. I think he’s got some untapped potential there. Blocked some dangerous chances, broke up lots of plays, he’s battled. Seems like an interesting player in all 3 zones. I personally think he’s been the best Dman on the ice tonight.
I really like him. He has the tools to be a NHL player for sure.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Liked Savoie's PK work. Saw the dynamic skating there and processor. Minimal offence side of the puck but did get a nice slot shot away. Like Clattenberg's consistent engagement every shift. O'Reilly seeming to come and go.

Lajoie caught up ice on the goal against. Not sure what happened at the o-blue line but puck past him for an odd man rush. Doesn't look very physical despite his size. More of an area defender.

Marelli beat again to give up a high danger chance. His forte is clearly on the other end of the ice.

Lot of scrabble play expected of a first game scrimmage.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Liked Savoie's PK work. Saw the dynamic skating there and processor. Minimal offence side of the puck but did get a nice slot shot away. Like Clattenberg's consistent engagement every shift. O'Reilly seeming to come and go.

Lajoie caught up ice on the goal against. Not sure what happened at the o-blue line but puck past him for an odd man rush. Doesn't look very physical despite his size. More of an area defender.

Marelli beat again to give up a high danger chance. His forte is clearly on the other end of the ice.

Lot of scrabble play expected of a first game scrimmage.

Seems to be the story of Lajoie, kind of a meh player overall.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad