Prospect Info: Oilers Rookie at the Penticton Young Stars Classic

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Lack of basic hockey sense by these guys look to be at an all time high. Never seen our rookie class getting dummied like this. Bad coach too. Guy starts Savoie on the W and puts a 2nd round rookie as his C. Idiot.

Reactions: McDoused

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Day, Nicholl, Clattenburg and Lajoie showed some good flashes. That's about it. Savoie didn't stand out nearly as much as he should've IMO. Onto the next couple of games.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Nathan Day was the Oilers standout. Marrelli has potential. Wanner was the Oilers best Dman.

One player who caught my eye and was good and very smart in the third period was William Nicholl. First 2 periods, he overpassed the puck a lot

Reactions: Giggleplex

On The Prowl

Mar 13, 2024
It starts with the horrific D we brought. Is that honestly the best we could recruit? Big and slow and cant make a pass. On the bright side Day is better than I expected.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Nathan Day was the Oilers standout. Marrelli has potential. Wanner was the Oilers best Dman.

One player who caught my eye and was good and very smart in the third period was William Nicholl. First 2 periods, he overpassed the puck a lot
Wanner looked like crap dude.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
These games are meaningless. Need to look for moments within players and not results. Pretty dominant game by Canucks. Little to no offensive chances for Oil and leaky defense against Canuckles skill.

Day looked good. Some flashes from Wakely. Consistent physical game by Clattenberg. Little to nothing from Oil skill prospects Savoie, Stefan, Petrov. Thought Lajoie looked soft on his late penalty getting worked over by Canucks Finnish player.

This will be about finding bottom roster projectable pieces for the big team.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
It's not like Vancouver is icing a bunch of Allstars either though. Really concerned that Chaulk doesn't know what he's doing when literally everyone looks bad.
Not sure how it's an indictment on Chaulk. He's spent a few days with a bunch of undrafted major junior players, most of whom look like they won't make it even to the AHL going forward. He's not going to work miracles and turn them into a cohesive and effective unit in such a short time.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver

Marelli was terrible defensively. Burned badly quite consistently along with his partner.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Not sure how it's an indictment on Chaulk. He's spent a few days with a bunch of undrafted major junior players, most of whom look like they won't make it even to the AHL going forward. He's not going to work miracles and turn them into a cohesive and effective unit in such a short time.

I don't like Chaulk personally, but I agree with this as well.
It's pretty much a tournament for shits and giggles for young players anyways.

Reactions: iCanada and Tarus

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Pre season or not. These guys are absolute stank. Terrible cast of players. No one can read a play offensively at all. Savoie also pretty wack this game. Just floating around all game. Hopefully this is not the norm for this guy.
Concerning when Carl Berglund is your best forward.

• Haha
Reactions: McTonyBrar

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
He had Savoie on the W beside a rook opening faceoff.

Bad coach.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Marelli was terrible defensively. Burned badly quite consistently along with his partner.

Marelli was 84? He was woof bad tonight. Whole defense was completely awful. Team in general couldn’t win a puck battle, make a pass or recover a puck.

Least you can kind of see Wanners combination of size and skating. About only positive I saw. He wasn’t good either though.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Best of 9 now between Canucks and Oilers.
McDavid and Draisaitl were invisible. #TradeThemAll

d8de3bbf03ad4a7e3744ff650517f662.gif

• Haha
Reactions: oilers'72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad