Prospect Info: Oilers Rookie at the Penticton Young Stars Classic

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
If the team in general is worse then it's hard to even judge individual performances. These games are interesting but I want to see Savoie skating with the main NHL team in preseason to really judge him. Same for guys like Pederson.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
The results are meaningless
If it meant anything, the Oilers would have the best drafting and development among the 4 teams there because they went like 5 years without an L
Agree with that. But I don't think anyone is talking about the score. Just the performances. Lots of focus on the prospect pool because of who we just lost to offer sheets. There isn't a lot of backfill.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The results are meaningless
If it meant anything, the Oilers would have the best drafting and development among the 4 teams there because they went like 5 years without an L
I'd say the results are expected, so in that way they are meaningless. This is what happens when your prospect pool is constantly plundered. It's not like our pool is secretly good. But, that doesn't mean there aren't good players there that will fill out the roster in the coming years

Reactions: TB12

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Imagine being so desperate for any sort of W that you need to try and aggressively push this. Didn’t see the game, but I saw a clip on twitter of Lekk dangling some camp invite scrub and then missing the net. I’m assuming this is what has their panties wet?

The rub for them - I don’t think a single Oiler fan actually cares if Lekk is better than Savoie.

Canucks fans are like the popular girl that never gets to be the prom queen in teen movies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Imagine being so desperate for any sort of W that you need to try and aggressively push this. Didn’t see the game, but I saw a clip on twitter of Lekk dangling some camp invite scrub and then missing the net. I’m assuming this is what has their panties wet?

The rub for them - I don’t think a single Oiler fan actually cares if Lekk is better than Savoie.

Remember when they got mega excited over Virtanen having a better rookie game than McDavid in 2015, lol.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Pre season or not. These guys are absolute stank. Terrible cast of players. No one can read a play offensively at all. Savoie also pretty wack this game. Just floating around all game. Hopefully this is not the norm for this guy.
this isn't even preseason. It's pre-preseason. There is nothing to read from these games win or loss. They'll play 2-3 games in quick succession after being thrown together and on ice for 3 days before playing games. They'llmove on to real camp or go back to JR.

The real injustice is putting these poor players in NHL jerseys. Apparently its making fans think that these are NHLers and deserving of criticism

Reactions: oilers'72

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
They aren't meaningless. They wouldn't go if they were meaningless.

This board loves their prospects and this tournament until they don't. Hilarious.
absolutely is meaningless in terms of NHL impact. The players playing tonight will improve over time or not. This isn't half of our AHL team... There's nothing to read here, it's about getting ready for camp and setting scheduling and getting in game shape.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Liked Savoie's PK work. Saw the dynamic skating there and processor. Minimal offence side of the puck but did get a nice slot shot away. Like Clattenberg's consistent engagement every shift. O'Reilly seeming to come and go.

Lajoie caught up ice on the goal against. Not sure what happened at the o-blue line but puck past him for an odd man rush. Doesn't look very physical despite his size. More of an area defender.

Marelli beat again to give up a high danger chance. His forte is clearly on the other end of the ice.

Lot of scrabble play expected of a first game scrimmage.

I come to read about the game and get hit by a load of...

download.jpg

:D

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
absolutely is meaningless in terms of NHL impact. The players playing tonight will improve over time or not. This isn't half of our AHL team... There's nothing to read here, it's about getting ready for camp and setting scheduling and getting in game shape.
Disagree. Most of those kids are playing for a contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad