OT - NO POLITICS August edition - The summer wind came blowin' in……

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Waiting to see if we can see the Frecce Tricolori when they fly over.

Some say it's 3:15-3:30

Others say 3-4:30

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Got an email save the date for my 20th college reunion next spring.

What the f***? 20 years? Woof.
Where did the time go?

They just asked us what our preferences are for our 25th High School reunion. I was tempted to respond with something snarky but I was an adult.

• Wow
Reactions: BMC

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
So...I just reached out to a shelter and put in an application for a bonded pair of kittens.

It's only been 4 days since my cat passed away suddenly and unexpectedly. So yes, this feels fast.

But I came across this bonded pair of siblings on petfinder a few days ago, and I just feel this pull to see if we are a good fit. So I pulled the trigger on it. We'll see what happens but I had to reach out. My heart still aches for my Pugsley, but I feel like it can be mended if I get these siblings.

Fingers crossed.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
So...I just reached out to a shelter and put in an application for a bonded pair of kittens.

It's only been 4 days since my cat passed away suddenly and unexpectedly. So yes, this feels fast.

But I came across this bonded pair of siblings on petfinder a few days ago, and I just feel this pull to see if we are a good fit. So I pulled the trigger on it. We'll see what happens but I had to reach out. My heart still aches for my Pugsley, but I feel like it can be mended if I get these siblings.

Fingers crossed.
I sincerely hope this works out for you.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
For the effected.

Enjoy,

"You might also like,"

Last edited:

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Best doggo

Attachments

• IMG_3438.jpeg
    IMG_3438.jpeg
    325 KB · Views: 1

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
officially went on a medical leave starting August 2nd to address mental health challenges.

Applied for medical EI on Monday the 5th, finally just notified my claim accepted, first payment, September 3/4

Full month without a paycheck, and Medical EI pays 55% of your total salary/wage which is laughable

No wonder ppl remain sick, can`t afford to live off what the Gov`t issues so they return to work having to avoid financial ruin and never get the help they deserve and need

Now looking at Skip the Dishes type gigs just to earn some extra money to stay afloat

Part of me grateful for the 55%, the other part of me finds it terrible that it feels like anyone going on a med leave to address legit challenges gets kicked in the nuts with a laughable wage

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
After a week in Florida, and 10 days away, today at 8am it was back to work for me. Such a rough transition.

Amtrak auto train was awesome. A little rocky on the way home which prevented me from sleeping. Overall, a very good experience for us. We departed/arrived early, and received our car in about 30/45 minutes, just enough time to stretch the legs/refill drinks/use the restroom. I would do it again for sure. It was so nice to recline my seat and chat with the kids and our neighbors

Florida was...hot, so f***ing hot. Weather predicted thunderstorms and/or torrential rains every day, and we got just a half hour of rain Thursday at Magic Kingdom that required ponchos, then we got SOAKED Friday night in Downtown Disney as we walked to a dinner reservation. Overall though, couldn't ask for better weather for the 6 days we spent exploring/in parks

MGM/Hollywood Studios still reigns supreme at Disney IMO. Having 3 Star Wars rides, and 3 Toy Story rides in the same park is just not fair, especially since all of them are family friendly and just about anybody can ride them.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
officially went on a medical leave starting August 2nd to address mental health challenges.

Applied for medical EI on Monday the 5th, finally just notified my claim accepted, first payment, September 3/4

Full month without a paycheck, and Medical EI pays 55% of your total salary/wage which is laughable

No wonder ppl remain sick, can`t afford to live off what the Gov`t issues so they return to work having to avoid financial ruin and never get the help they deserve and need

Now looking at Skip the Dishes type gigs just to earn some extra money to stay afloat

Part of me grateful for the 55%, the other part of me finds it terrible that it feels like anyone going on a med leave to address legit challenges gets kicked in the nuts with a laughable wage
I wish you all the best and hope the break is what you need to help you recover. Just be careful about Skip the dishes, etc., you are a considered a business and there is a lot to look into before going ahead like insurance, tax to be paid back. People I know who have done those types of jobs say it isn't worth it, a big headache come tax time.

There are so many suffering from mental health issues, our world is tough. My heart goes out to all who are struggling. Therapy helps but it is expensive if you don't have a plan, and even if you do, it runs out way too soon.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
thx
I wish you all the best and hope the break is what you need to help you recover. Just be careful about Skip the dishes, etc., you are a considered a business and there is a lot to look into before going ahead like insurance, tax to be paid back. People I know who have done those types of jobs say it isn't worth it, a big headache come tax time.

There are so many suffering from mental health issues, our world is tough. My heart goes out to all who are struggling. Therapy helps but it is expensive if you don't have a plan, and even if you do, it runs out way too soon.
for the kind words and advice

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
You know you're from New England when your vitamin D levels are only in the mid 20's in late August.
It is really hard to get enough in the north. We take supplements all year round - one of the reasons they think there is more MS in Canada than anywhere else in the world and that vitamin D may be a factor.

Reactions: Alicat and Ladyfan

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Moral of the story: don't get a sunroof

If you do and it's a used car.... buy the extended warranty

I only paid the $100 deductible but it was a $1,000 job to replace the two motors for the glass and the shade :eek3:

20240827_175718.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: BMC and Mione134

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad