Athletic rankings of 32 teams heading into the season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kranuck

Mar 11, 2023
Luckily, it's a hit I can afford to take.
I'd agree except they added advertising.

f*** paying for ads.
Gru may be the downfall of Seattle this season, he’s letting in some pretty big stinkers
Maybe, he was good in the playoffs which bought some good will but he's been pretty mediocre with the Kraken.

I think they overachieved last season. I could see them slipping.

Hope not.

Reactions: Three On Zero

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
I'd agree except they added advertising.

f*** paying for ads.

Maybe, he was good in the playoffs which bought some good will but he's been pretty mediocre with the Kraken.

I think they overachieved last season. I could see them slipping.

Hope not.
I have an ad blocker, so no ads in my apps. ;)

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
To their credit, The Athletic ran a follow-up article that incorporated fan voting as to whether the ranking was too high or too low:

Here's the ultimate results of the too high vs. too low splits as well as an adjusted ranking:

View attachment 749482
so san jose went from last to laster.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Really hard to justify that line when you barely won a 7 game series, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Want to know which team actually skated a team into the ground, the Canes over the Devils. Wasn’t even a series.
No it's not. The only reason the series was close was because of Shesterkin. The devils skated circles around the rangers, especially at 5v5.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Surprised at the reactions to the Flames. Everything went wrong for them last year and they were two points off the last wildcard spot. I don’t think they’re a contender but they’re not going to be a basement team by any means.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
It’s got nothing to do with how teams will do in the playoffs.

The teams with the most points are ranked the highest, except some of the Western teams ranked a bit higher because it’s a bit less competitive for playoff spots.
Yep.
But since you bring it up I would say that there are 4 teams in the west thst would beat any team in the east in a pkay offs series.
East is deeper , but west has the best.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Doms job is to come up with hot takes and act like an arrogant troll to generate clicks.

The fact that they defend it as “stats” doesn’t change what he is doing.

“calling out flaws” is a nice euphemism for deliberately publishing stuff they don’t believe in for clicks.

I can’t believe that hot take artist would put out such an abhorrent ranking that projects teams to more or less finish around where they finished last season. Does he have no shame?

Or maybe fans just get far too worked up about rankings.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021

Definitely a few headscratchers in this one

32. Sharks
31. Habs
30. Hawks
29. Ducks
28. Flyers
27. Jackets
26. Blues
25. Caps
24. Coyotes
23. Wings
22. Sabres
21. Preds
20. Kraken
19. Islanders
18. Canucks
17. Senators
16. Kings
15. Lightning
14. Jets
13. Flames
12. Pens
11. Wild
10. Panthers
9. Bruins
8. Devils
7. Knights
6. Avs
5. Leafs
4. Stars
3. Rangers
2. Oilers
1. Canes
Most overrated team, Flames. Canucks easily beat them last night when both teams actually dressed an NHL team and not their farm team.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Rangers too high, Canes, Oilers a bit too high. Avs, Devils, Lightning, Kings too low.
Any team going in with Talbot and Copley won't be any good. Maybe Copley will be OK but Talbot is the worst goalie I've seen play for the sens in a long time. He simply has lost it. He literally loses his net multiple times a game. He's right off his angle, it's actually crazy to watch. Especially live you see massive parts of the net are open from the stands.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I don't see Montreal finishing 31oa. Id like to see it but I think more like 24-28, especially if they start healthy

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
No it's not. The only reason the series was close was because of Shesterkin. The devils skated circles around the rangers, especially at 5v5.
Or Schmid played out of his mind. Devils won the series scoring 17 goals.....the Rangers also scored 17 goals in that series.

That series could of went either way.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Devils dominated that series at 5v5, especially after the first two games.
Haha yes let's ignore the first 2 games where you got dominated. The Devils had no answer for Kreider on the PP. Last I checked the PK is a pretty important part of winning games. Devils also got out shot 3 of the last 5 games and 4 of 7 for the series. Not really seeing where you skated them into the ground. Schmid played out of his mind and the Rangers couldn't beat him. He sure cooled off in the next series though......oof.

• Haha
Reactions: deleted user

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad