NHL Around the NHL - Regular Season 2017-18

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Poile is unreal. He has so many great young players signed cheap now. Surprised Arvidsson signed a 7-year deal for that amount per season avg. Figured at that amount he would be going with a bridge deal.

ickie*

Jun 18, 2017
Poile is unreal. He has so many great young players signed cheap now. Surprised Arvidsson signed a 7-year deal for that amount per season avg. Figured at that amount he would be going with a bridge deal.

they do a great job of making the euro guys feel at home in a lot of ways off the ice, they love playing there

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Laugh it up but he averaged the most ice-time in the playoffs for a cup championship team in the playoffs.

Was 3rd on the cup championship team in playoff ice-time the year before.

I don't think his asking price is ridiculous at all.
Im not laughing at him, im laughing at ****tsburgh

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Habs hit fans with $150 charge to print season tickets

Montreal Canadiens fans who cherish the annual arrival of their season tickets got an unwelcome surprise when the team announced recently it would be charging extra for printed tickets.

Canadiens spokesman Francois Marchand confirmed that the default option will be mobile tickets and fans who want physical tickets will be charged $150 plus tax per seat.

A letter to season ticket-holders cited security, ease of use and environmental sustainability as reasons for the change.

Marchand said that no senior front-office staff were available to comment on the decision because of summer vacations.

But some fans were annoyed by the change

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/montreal-canadiens-charge-fans-physical-season-tickets-1.4216814

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

he's doing a great job, but curious to see how the johansen deal lays out. that one's gonna hurt.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
That is one serious dick move.

What is the average season ticket cost in Montreal? $5K? (I honestly don't know). For $10K (two tickets), you can flip the ****ing bill on printing the keepsake.

Environmental cost. What a crock.

Dick move is a good way of characterizing it. And according to a couple articles I read the cost per seat after taxes and fees will be $238 extra for printed tix, not just $150. That's just nuts. We are talking less than 50 pieces of whatever stock they print the tickets on.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned but I really like getting a printed ticket and saving it. I've kept over 40 years of tickets and press passes to concerts and sporting events in a box. As I get older I find it kind of fun to occasionally go through them and remember some of the more memorable events and games I've attended. Also, some of the artwork on tickets is actually pretty cool.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
zibanejad is not a substantially more effective all-around player than ryan spooner

I am not sure Z is substantially more skilled than Spooner, actually think Spoons might be more naturally skilled but Z plays a substantially more gritty and sound all around game. Plays with some grit/bite, now, not 100% sure I`d be anxious to pay him what he wants to get paid but I don`t set the market

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Sounds to me like they're trying to go paperless and discourage people from not doing the same, if everyone did this you'd have a lot less waste.

You'd also have far less trees. Going paperless means you would have the paper mills stop planting 2 trees for every 1 they take and then you'd have all the owners of these forrests sell off their land to be developed.

I work in the paper/printing industry. It doesnt cost remotely close to $150 bucks for printing 40+ tickets.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
You'd also have far less trees. Going paperless means you would have the paper mills stop planting 2 trees for every 1 they take and then you'd have all the owners of these forrests sell off their land to be developed.

I work in the paper/printing industry. It doesnt cost remotely close to $150 bucks for printing 40+ tickets.

I know it doesn't, I'm guessing the price tag is designed solely to discourage people.

Does every paper mill seriously plant two trees for every one they cut down? That's news to me

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

Does domestic include Canada?

Personally I think planting two trees for every one you cut down isn't the best way because the young tree itself won't have the same kind of environmental impact an adult tree does (erosion protection, CO2 processing, homes for wildlife which always impacts in a domino effect) but I also think there are far bigger fish to fry environmentally

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be

Personally I think planting two trees for every one you cut down isn't the best way because the young tree itself won't have the same kind of environmental impact an adult tree does (erosion protection, CO2 processing, homes for wildlife which always impacts in a domino effect) but I also think there are far bigger fish to fry environmentally

Canada does yes

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

There are more trees now than there have been in 40 years.

The reason? Paper consumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad