NHL Around the NHL - Regular Season 2017-18

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
I'm sure every team has d prospects they plan on getting experience. Moving from Markov will allow them to play their prospects. We aren't the only one with them. This is the NHL. Seriously though who would pay Markov 6 mill

Oh I agree on not paying Markov that, that's probably why he isn't still a Hab.
But they also replaced him with a 39 year old Mark Streit, so clearly they had a problem with the price, not his age.

I guess I'm just not seeing how you get "no Markov=playing kids" after they signed a cheaper old guy.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
But they also replaced him with a 39 year old Mark Streit, so clearly they had a problem with the price, not his age.

I guess I'm just not seeing how you get "no Markov=playing kids" after they signed a cheaper old guy.

Ya but Streit is 700k doesnt work out they'll play their prospects. No risk there, long season

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

Striet is not Markov's replacement, he may take his place on the PP but it ends there. I would love it if he was but he's just not.
He even said in his press conference that he knew he would be a roll player.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Ya but Streit is 700k doesnt work out they'll play their prospects. No risk there, long season

Who are these prospects that can replace Markov this year? They just traded their best D prospect for a lateral move at best going from Radulov to Drouin.

They have zero puck moving D. No good C. No good prospect.

Bergevin is having a fantastic summer. For the rest of the division/conference. :laugh:

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Who are these prospects that can replace Markov this year? They just traded their best D prospect for a lateral move at best going from Radulov to Drouin.

Bergevin is having a fantastic summer. For the rest of the division/conference. :laugh:

I don't have a clue, but its funny bc all the Bruins prospects are bound to be NHL stars and nobody can name a hab prospect. Only Donny can draft prospects I guess. montreal will go 0-82 and boston 82-0, calling it now.

I would actually like somebody here to give me an objective unbiased educated opinion on how the habs bruins match up this year besides the usual they suck, we're better lol.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I don't have a clue, but its funny bc all the Bruins prospects are bound to be NHL stars and nobody can name a hab prospect. Only Donny can draft prospects I guess. montreal will go 0-82 and boston 82-0, calling it now.

I would actually like somebody here to give me an objective unbiased educated opinion on how the habs bruins match up this year besides the usual they suck, we're better lol.

Do you ever stop with the sarcastic whining?

Every thread, same thing.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm

Why don't you provide it?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Montreal has 3 D prospects that had good junior seasons last year:

Juulsen (Dub), Bourque (Q), Mete (OHL)

I don't think any of them are ready to step in and take Markov's place.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

I know I touched a nerve posting about your beloved Habs but you were the one saying not signing Markov give them the chance to play their D prospect.

I ask again, who are their D prospect that can step in and do Markov job this year? I'll give you a hint: none. :D

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I know I touched a nerve posting about your beloved Habs but you were the one saying not signing Markov give them the chance to play their D prospect.

I ask again, who are their D prospect that can step in and do Markov job this year? I'll give you a hint: none. :D

Well.. when you have a mother from Montreal and a father from Boston who raised us as bruin fans. I can't be a total ***** when discussing hockey with my mom lol. Try to be fair

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City

You appear to be relishing repeatedly taking digs at the Montreal situation, but I am not convinced that the team will suck next season or even the one after that. The Canadiens have Price, Weber, Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, Drouin and Alzner. That's a pretty good nucleus. Julien remains a good coach, too. I expect Montreal to be very competitive.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
You appear to be relishing repeatedly taking digs at the Montreal situation, but I am not convinced that the team will suck next season or even the one after that. The Canadiens have Price, Weber, Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, Drouin and Alzner. That's a pretty good nucleus. Julien remains a good coach, too. I expect Montreal to be very competitive.

I expect them to be irrelevant.

They have Cap space to improve though but it will need to be in a trade cause there is no good UFA left. Maybe next summer they take a run at some really good with their Cap space+Plekanec 6M that comes off the book. But Price will have a 4M increase starting next year so almost all of that Plekanec 6M will go to Price+his replacement and Paccioretty the year after will also get a big bump from his 4.5M Cap hit.

As for the players you listed, Alzner wouldn't even be brought by Habs fan to predict why they will be competitive and the majority don't like his signing, especially the term.

They have no puck moving D, No good two way C like Julien like for his system and a lack of scoring.

They may sneak in because of Price and Clode but they are no threat to anyone in the East. Bruins in much much better shape for this season and the near futur.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ

While that all may be true, it doesn't take change his point that the Habs don't have anyone to come in and play meaningful minutes and take those minutes away from Streit. Thus he really is the de facto replacement for Markov.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Is Petry a PMD, I mean Weber, Alznar, Petry, then Streit seems pretty comparable to anything the Bruins have. I'd say Weber is far better than any Bruins Dman overall at this point

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Is Petry a PMD, I mean Weber, Alznar, Petry, then Streit seems pretty comparable to anything the Bruins have

:laugh:

Streit? The guy that was a healthy sctartch on a depleted Pens blueline and was signed at 700k in middle of July?

Krug and McAvoy: Habs have nothing close to that on their roster or prospects.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
If Montreal makes the playoffs Claude's best coaching job

He's got a handful of high end players but not the depth

He has a history of running his core into the ground

Pray For Shea ~ Habs 2017-18 theme

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
:laugh:

Streit? The guy that was a healthy sctartch on a depleted Pens blueline and was signed at 700k in middle of July?

Krug and McAvoy: Habs have nothing close to that on their roster or prospects.

are we going to ignore that Shea Weber is a great Dman and was 2nd in the NHL in D scoring goals last year?

All in all I think they'll still be a challenge even without 39 year old declining Markov

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
No.

And right now, he might be the best at it that the Habs have. Or is it Morrow? :laugh:

Weber
Petry
Alzner
Schlemko
Benn
Davidson
Streit
Morrow

Hockey may be my third best sport but I'm still in the top 1 % when it comes to hockey knowledge in North America and 80% of the Scandinavian countries

With that

Montreal will suck by March

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I'm thrilled with the way Bergevin has handled the offseason so far. Making things a little easier for the Bruins. If they make the playoffs the Habs are going nowhere.

On a different note, Poile continues to get things done -- Ryan Johansen signed for 8 more years at $8 mil per year average. Still has cap space to work with and has the core signed for the future.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I love how confident we are with no pasta signed and no moves made. If we got Drouin with Krejci I'd be planning my NHL road trips

Last edited:

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
are we going to ignore that Shea Weber is a great Dman and was 2nd in the NHL in D scoring goals last year?

All in all I think they'll still be a challenge even without 39 year old declining Markov

Markov is no big loss. I agree. He was a pansy when he was younger and now he's beat up old pansy.

But as much as Julien loves it, that defense is slow and crappy. Alzner is a decent enough player, but aside from him and Weber I'd take seven Bruins defenceman over the rest of that squad.

I don't like how that team is built AT ALL. Real reasons for concern. 2 high end players and a 35 goal winger. And Bruins fans aren't the only ones critical of their prospect pool. It's not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad