NHL Around the NHL - Regular Season 2017-18

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Shea Weber from October 5 to April 5 will age more than a 2 term President

Pray for Shea

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I love how confident we are with no pasta signed and no moves made. If we got Drouin with Krejci I'd be planning my NHL road trips

Saying that the Habs are a sinking ship isn't a reflection on the Bruins.

I'm VERY critical of Boston's tracing paper do-nothing offseason. Turnover is important and this is the first time Sweeney has flat-out ignored the team's needs. Especially concerning since this year, they were easy needs to fill. Pastrnak doesn't bother me because I don't believe there's any way he doesn't sign, so I'll judge the contract when it's final.

But if we are going to compare the two, I wouldn't trade TWO Montreal organizations for one Bruins. Wouldn't even ****ing consider it.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Saying that the Habs are a sinking ship isn't a reflection on the Bruins.

I'm VERY critical of Boston's tracing paper do-nothing offseason. Turnover is important and this is the first time Sweeney has flat-out ignored the team's needs. Especially concerning since this year, they were easy needs to fill. Pastrnak doesn't bother me because I don't believe there's any way he doesn't sign, so I'll judge the contract when it's final.

But if we are going to compare the two, I wouldn't trade TWO Montreal organizations for one Bruins. Wouldn't even ****ing consider it.

Ya I agree. Think I've been in agreement with you all offseason with our lack of action making moves

riverhawkey91

May 22, 2011
Lowell, MA
I love how confident we are with no pasta signed and no moves made. If we got Drouin with Krejci I'd be planning my NHL road trips

Drouin with Krejci would have been great.

Except you'd lose McAvoy in the trade and would also need to move a top-6 player to make it work cap-wise.

Not sure that's a win for the future.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Is Petry a PMD, I mean Weber, Alznar, Petry, then Streit seems pretty comparable to anything the Bruins have. I'd say Weber is far better than any Bruins Dman overall at this point

weber over chara yes
alzner over miller
krug over petry i dont think its close
mcavoy by a mile over streit

montreal has nothing left to compare to carlo... and mcquaid goes over the rest too

i say we figure to have a top 10 defense this year so no shame being behind us... id predict montreal isnt bottom 10

people writing them off should be careful. price is great and julien coaches team defense as good as any coach

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
weber over chara yes
alzner over miller
krug over petry i dont think its close
mcavoy by a mile over streit

montreal has nothing left to compare to carlo... and mcquaid goes over the rest too

i say we figure to have a top 10 defense this year so no shame being behind us... id predict montreal isnt bottom 10

people writing them off should be careful. price is great and julien coaches team defense as good as any coach

I'm writing them off

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
If Montreal makes the playoffs Claude's best coaching job

He's got a handful of high end players but not the depth

He has a history of running his core into the ground

Pray For Shea ~ Habs 2017-18 theme

Daaaanny. I think Montreal is going in the wrong direction as an organization/right direction for us, but Claude has way more talent with them this year than that 08 Bruins team had when he got them into the 8th spot.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Daaaanny. I think Montreal is going in the wrong direction as an organization/right direction for us, but Claude has way more talent with them this year than that 08 Bruins team had when he got them into the 8th spot.

I'd argue the Eastern Conference as a whole has a lot more talent now than it did back in 2007-2008.

I don't think the Habs are dead in the water, they'll be in the mix for a playoff spot, but that's about it, they aren't winning anything. And their team as a whole has very little upside, they are what they are.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I'd argue the Eastern Conference as a whole has a lot more talent now than it did back in 2007-2008.

I don't think the Habs are dead in the water, they'll be in the mix for a playoff spot, but that's about it, they aren't winning anything. And their team as a whole has very little upside, they are what they are.

I do think it's funny how much people are dismissing them as a playoff team when Claude Julien's system almost guarantees you're in contention for a spot, especially when he has a talented goalie.

His system has issues in the post-season, but over 82 games, especially when so many nights see dispassionate efforts from the opposition, is designed to get in.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I do think it's funny how much people are dismissing them as a playoff team when Claude Julien's system almost guarantees you're in contention for a spot, especially when he has a talented goalie.

His system has issues in the post-season, but over 82 games, especially when so many nights see dispassionate efforts from the opposition, is designed to get in.

Pretty much.

He'll ride Price and over-tax Alzner and Weber as a pair to shut-down the other teams best lines.

It's a pop-gun offense but will score enough to win 40-something games with Price + Claude's system.

He doesn't have the horses he's accustomed to down the middle, I think that hurts his defensive structure a bit, but they'll still be one of the better defensive teams in the league.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Drouin with Krejci would have been great.

Except you'd lose McAvoy in the trade and would also need to move a top-6 player to make it work cap-wise.

Not sure that's a win for the future.

Precisely, I love these complaints that the Bruins haven't done anything. But you fail to mention who the Bruins would give up to get Drouin. It's the dog days of summer, people are bored apparently. Sometimes the best deals are the ones you don't make. Maybe it's the heat that brings the pessimism out in people.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Meh, I've seen him enough watching him play a lot to know he is NOT worth much more than Ryan Spooner.

Your right he's not.

I like De Haan, he's a quality player. But he was pretty much tied with Seidenberg last year in ice time for 4th on the team in D-men ice, but was often on the 3rd pair in the game I watched.

He's basically what Ference was when he came here, a guy who was a tweener between a No.4 and a No.5, but to good to ever be considered a No.6.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
PITTSFORD, N.Y. — A person familiar with negotiations tells The Associated Press the Buffalo Sabres and Jack Eichel are discussing a contract extension that could run the NHL maximum eight years.

The person spoke on the condition of anonymity on Wednesday because the talks have been private since formal negotiations began a little over a month ago.

Sabres owner Terry Pegula declined to assess the status of negotiations except to say no deadline has been set and that both sides are committed to reaching a deal.

"I can tell you this, We want Jack and Jack wants to be in Buffalo," Pegula said during a news conference at the Buffalo Bills training camp site in suburban Rochester. Pegula also owns the Bills.

In a text to The AP, Eichel's agent Peter Fish wrote: "We are talking and I would say that we will be continuing to talk."

http://www.tsn.ca/report-eichel-sabres-in-talks-on-lengthy-deal-1.820661

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad