NHL Around the NHL - Regular Season 2017-18

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
It's now official that Markov won't be back with the Habs.

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/andrei-markov-not-returning-to-montreal/c-290517754

They have no good C. No puck movers and no good prospects.

This is a good time be a non-Habs fan! :laugh:

But according to you they have the best coach in the game that makes crappy teams play far better and overachieve. Have you changed your views on Claude now that he no longer coaching your favorite team? I mean I remember you saying time and time again the only reason the Bruins had a shot was because the man behind the bench. Is he no longer the miracle worker you proclaimed him to be? I mean they had no real center last year either and still won the division.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
But according to you they have the best coach in the game that makes crappy teams play far better and overachieve. Have you changed your views on Claude now that he no longer coaching your favorite team? I mean I remember you saying time and time again the only reason the Bruins had a shot was because the man behind the bench. Is he no longer the miracle worker you proclaimed him to be?

Clode and Price are the two reasons why they may sneak into the playoffs even with that bad lineup. Then lose in round 1.

They are irrelevant, even with one of the best coach in the game.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Markov can still play. Surprised they didn't bring him back after he had a good season last year. Will be interesting to see if he stays in the NHL and signs with another team or goes to the KHL.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Markov can still play. Surprised they didn't bring him back after he had a good season last year. Will be interesting to see if he stays in the NHL and signs with another team or goes to the KHL.

There was something floating out in Twitter land that the Panthers were a player for Markov.

Montreal is a mess.

Claude is in heaven with the roster of grinders though.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
There was something floating out in Twitter land that the Panthers were a player for Markov.

Montreal is a mess.

Claude is in heaven with the roster of grinders though.

I'd say.

Think about this, of the 11 D-men who played for Montreal in the 2015-16 season, the only one still standing is Jeff Petry.

Hard to see how Montreal got better this off-season.

And folks here complain about Boston spinning their tires.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Apparently Markov wanted a one year deal for top dollar. Montreal has plenty of cap space. Who is out there left for them to sign with the amount of space they have for this season? Bergevin better hope the team he has dismantled/assembled produces this season. Seems like he has no clue what he's doing. I guess time will tell.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Apparently Markov wanted a one year deal for top dollar. Montreal has plenty of cap space. Who is out there left for them to sign with the amount of space they have for this season? Bergevin better hope the team he has dismantled/assembled produces this season. Seems like he has no clue what he's doing. I guess time will tell.

People harp on Sweeney here all the time, but Bergevin is a bottom 5 GM easily. No plan.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I guess letting the kids play narative only applies to Boston and not Montreal? No way Id pay Markov 6 mill. Heck people panicked over Shattenkirk at 6.5

Last edited:

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
I guess letting the kids play narative only applies to Boston and not Montreal? No way Id pay Markov 6 mill

They have 8 defensemen on one-way deals and the youngest is Joe Morrow. Plus they just signed Streit. "Playing the kids" isn't close to what's happening on Montreal's defense.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
They have 8 defensemen on one-way deals and the youngest is Joe Morrow. Plus they just signed Streit. "Playing the kids" isn't close to what's happening on Montreal's defense.

I'm sure every team has d prospects they plan on getting experience. Moving from Markov will allow them to play their prospects. We aren't the only one with them. This is the NHL. Seriously though who would pay Markov 6 mill

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I guess letting the kids play narative only applies to Boston and not Montreal? No way Id pay Markov 6 mill. Heck people panicked over Shattenkirk at 6.5

They traded away their best kid defensive prospect.
They've managed to get worse now and in the future this off season. Neat!

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
They traded away their best kid defensive prospect.
They've managed to get worse now and in the future this off season. Neat!

When Boston starts owning Montreal on a regular basis I'll talk smack believe me. I've seen too much underachieving vs this team to be confident. No way I'm confident going into MTL with a team half full of rookies and aging slow vets. We didn't get anyone this off-season! Message board overrating and fodder doesn't beat the habs

Last edited:

ickie*

Jun 18, 2017
i hope the canadiens win the stanley cup for no other reason than it would defy any and all predictability and naturally make so many people online so insanely mad.

i honest to god guarantee that a new metric meant to quantify the comparative meaningfulness of cup wins will be created, popularized, and codified within a month's time if The Team That Traded Subban wins it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad