NHL Around the NHL - Regular Season 2017-18

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Spooner is the better player, but I think Pageau's playoff performance, 10 pts (8G 2A) in 19 games, played a big part in his new contract. I could be wrong, but I don't think Spooner makes much more since his playoff resume is pretty much nonexistent.

He also doesn't have the goals that Pageau can point to (just 24 in a in the last two years combined) - add in the physical game and PK ability and I'd trade spooner for him 8 days a week.

Last edited:

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
He also doesn't have the goals that Pageau can point to (just 24 in a in the last two years combined) - add in the physical game and PK ability and I'd trade spooner for him 8 days a week.

I'm not sure there's a statistic that'll swing the arbitrator far from that reward number. Pageau has what... A half a dozen more goals over the same time period (and a dozen less points)? It doesn't get easier than that comp.

I'd trade Spooner for Pageau as well, but I don't think $3M+/yr is a contract I'd want this team to be forking over for either of them.

Spooner is the better player, but I think Pageau's playoff performance, 10 pts (8G 2A) in 19 games, played a big part in his new contract. I could be wrong, but I don't think Spooner makes much more since his playoff resume is pretty much nonexistent.

Playoff resume for last season if only the one series was counted, Pageau had 1G, 1 point and was an even 0 in +/-. His team did better, which gave him more opportunity to put up numbers.

I think it's about as Copy/Paste as you're gonna find.

Last edited:

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I'm not sure there's a statistic that'll swing the arbitrator far from that reward number. Pageau has what... A half a dozen more goals over the same time period (and a dozen less points)? It doesn't get easier than that comp.

I'd trade Spooner for Pageau as well, but I don't think $3M+/yr is a contract I'd want this team to be forking over for either of them.
3 mil is a good deal for Pageau IMO- he brings a lot to that team. Spooner is due 2.5-2.75 IMO but will probably end up at 3.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Playoff resume for last season if only the one series was counted, Pageau had 1G, 1 point and was an even 0 in +/-. His team did better, which gave him more opportunity to put up numbers.

I think it's about as Copy/Paste as you're gonna find.
Dom posted in the Spooner thread that rumors are the Bruins are looking at $2.5M AAV while Spooner's camp is looking for $3.5M.

In my opinion, Pageau should have net $2+M, but his playoff performance made his contract break $3M. I think playoff performance plays a role in contract talks. I also think it's a big reason why Krejci was given the contract he currently has.

Spooner is good for 40+ points, I think he could get 50 if he played with linemates who had a bit more talent, and great on the PP. However, he is soft, bad at faceoffs, and is lacking on the defensive end. I think a contract around $3M AAV is fair for a 40pt player that has holes in other areas of his game.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City

BobbyBonilla.jpeg

Southpaw123

Apr 9, 2017
Brandon Pirri signs with the Swiss team, seems like more players are opting for Europe this summer than I remember from past years. Does anyone think the Olympics have anything to do with it or is it simply I need a job and no NHL team will take me?

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Habs fans on the main board claiming beating us in 2014 is their most satisfying revenge moment ever. Wow, that truly was their Stanley Cup!

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
The "If you transported Orr to present day" thread on the main board is making my head hurt.

It's one jackass that is this || close to getting himself banned. All he does is state opinion as "fact": and then insult people who call him on it. He's had more deleted posts than a fence removal company.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Is there any team with worst cap management than detroit?

With just 22 players on their roster they are already 3 mill over the cap

Next year with 16 players signed they are at 62 mill... that's without larkin, Mantha or green

They have multi million multi year deals with 4 3rd liners over the age of 30... at least they got lucky one is on lair

Now that Dallas is fixed, no team spends more money on bad goaltending than detroit

This was the best franchise in nhl for 20 some years but wow what a mess now.

Tomas Tatar at 26 has 194 points in 345 games... he's not even a 50 point guy and they are giving him 5.3 for the next 4 years... wow

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Is there any team with worst cap management than detroit?

With just 22 players on their roster they are already 3 mill over the cap

Next year with 16 players signed they are at 62 mill... that's without larkin, Mantha or green

They have multi million multi year deals with 4 3rd liners over the age of 30... at least they got lucky one is on lair

Now that Dallas is fixed, no team spends more money on bad goaltending than detroit

This was the best franchise in nhl for 20 some years but wow what a mess now.

Tomas Tatar at 26 has 194 points in 345 games... he's not even a 50 point guy and they are giving him 5.3 for the next 4 years... wow

When i saw the deal my first reaction was lol, my second is they must be trading this guy now but then my third reaction, who TF is gonna want this guy at this price??? Its absolutely bizarre. They should have traded him last year at the deadline, i like him, i rhought he was a guy who would excel in Boston but now no one is gonna touch that contract

Edit: just checked the Wings board and they all love the deal, like actually love it, and they think he'll be a consistent 30 goal scorer and some saying 35...im blown away. Hes put up50 points ONCE in his career and never hit 30 goals. LOL good riddenece i ****ing hate that franchise. Dontkbow how theyll sign Athanasiou AND Larkin without cutting seriousnfat. Nyquist must be on the move

Ps, if he was warded that im scared at what Spooner's case will award him

Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
lollllllll

Laugh it up but he averaged the most ice-time in the playoffs for a cup championship team in the playoffs.

Was 3rd on the cup championship team in playoff ice-time the year before.

I don't think his asking price is ridiculous at all.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Laugh it up but he averaged the most ice-time in the playoffs for a cup championship team in the playoffs.

I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and say he was lol'ing at the offer made by Pittsburgh, which really is laugh worthy.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

I agree that his asking price is right about right and the Pens are being ridiculous.

But they are using the same rationale many here apply to Spooner. Numbers, numbers, numbers. Dumoulin doesn't score? Not worth the cash. Spooner puts up stats (even modest ones)? He's gonna get paid.

I have Spooner's worth at right around $2M/yr. Apparently I'm off about a million bucks and that's why I'd like to see him moved.

If the arbitrator middles both of these cases (Dumoulin and Spooner), they'll be making similar coin.

What a tipsy-topsy carnival world of nonsense that would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad