NHL Around the NHL - Regular Season 2017-18

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
For everyone dumping on the column about trading Kessel.

Elliott Friedman: "I do think there is something to the column by Ron Cook of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that the Penguins will look to trade Phil Kessel."

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
For everyone dumping on the column about trading Kessel.

Elliott Friedman: "I do think there is something to the column by Ron Cook of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that the Penguins will look to trade Phil Kessel."

Spooner+prospect+1st for Phil.

Do it Don.

Marchand-Bergy-Pasta
ELC-Krejci-Kessel

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
It's the results on the ice that matters. Everyone seems to want to focus on what he isn't. He isn't a leader, he isn't a selke threat but he does nothing but show up and produce and even more so in the playoffs consistently throughout his career. He isn't afraid of the big stage that is for sure.

I think with hockey sometimes grit gets overrated and talent gets underrated. I have a hard time believing he is some dressing room cancer, he sure as hell hasn't hurt the Penguins room.

Two straight rings, so much for the adage 'you can't win with guys like that'.

I'd take Kessel back on the Bruins for sure.

I agree with this.

Whether that makes me an 'uneducated' fan, I don't know.

In addition to grit, the sabre-metrics and 2-way play are of high priority to teams. Not that they aren't important, but as Nashville learned getting shut out in the final two games against Pittsburgh, at some point, you have to score.

Yet they still had no problem losing one of their top scorers for nothing in the expansion draft in order to protect their coveted 'top 4.' It's as if they feel they could have easily won 1-0 (2 with the ENG), so if it's only partially broke, why fix it?

Even the defensively stout LA Kings teams knew they needed to bring in guys like Carter and Gaborik.

So you absolutely can and do win with guys like Kessel.

Not to mention it adds to the entertainment value of the game, but who cares about that?

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
No Kessels please, yes he has talent to spare but there is a reason this will be the 4 th time he's traded and it's not because he's popular.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
If you have a chance to pick up a guy like Kessel, make the call, guy has more then proven himself as a legitimate scorer and is outstanding in the playoffs.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Kessel would be our best forward if he came here? Are you joking? Did we trade Bergeron, Marchand and Pastrnak?

Either you are out to lunch or you are the greatest troll ever.

Its funny... most the replies I'm getting think I hate kessel... but then there's posts like you that think I am over valualing him

The truth is hes a world class talent... he puts up 30 goals-70 points giving around 60% effort. He scores as good as Crosby or Malkin at playoff time... the guy skates, shoots, is offensively creative

I still think it's highly unlikely he has much trade value at his caphit... still think it's not surprising Pittsburgh is tired of his act... still wouldn't be happy if we brought him back

But yes... he's more talented than bergeron, marchand, or pastrnak

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Andrew Ference has opted to hop on his bike and ride off into the sunset following his 16 year NHL career. Seems entirely fitting to offer him a big salute :)sarcasm:) and remember his contribution to the Bruins and of course realizing the ultimate reward for any player in getting to the top of the mountain during his time in Boston. Best of luck to him with whatever he takes on for the next stage of life. :handclap:

http://www.tsn.ca/former-oilers-captain-ference-officially-retires-1.804134

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Andrew Ference has opted to hop on his bike and ride off into the sunset following his 16 year NHL career. Seems entirely fitting to offer him a big salute :)sarcasm:) and remember his contribution to the Bruins and of course realizing the ultimate reward for any player in getting to the top of the mountain during his time in Boston. Best of luck to him with whatever he takes on for the next stage of life. :handclap:

http://www.tsn.ca/former-oilers-captain-ference-officially-retires-1.804134

Happy trails!

tumblr_m96rywE3It1r74q8bo1_1280.jpg

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
If you have a chance to pick up a guy like Kessel, make the call, guy has more then proven himself as a legitimate scorer and is outstanding in the playoffs.
as a pen's fan, I don't put much into it. our gm dismissed the kessel deal....but another highly bogus firm[insidepittsburgh.com] is reporting that there is talks abut a trade with you guys in the works. a forward from us for a d-man.....I don't think highly of the source so i'm looking to see if you guys have heard any thing?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
as a pen's fan, I don't put much into it. our gm dismissed the kessel deal....but another highly bogus firm[insidepittsburgh.com] is reporting that there is talks abut a trade with you guys in the works. a forward from us for a d-man.....I don't think highly of the source so i'm looking to see if you guys have heard any thing?

I have heard nothing.

Pure speculation on my part, but if the B's were still looking to add a Top 6 capable LW, the Pens can slot Guentzel and Sheary into their Top 6, leaving Hagelin as the odd man out.

On the right side of PIT's D, you have Letang and Schultz (PMD's) and then Ruhwedel. It would seem to me that the Pens could use a better, physical RH 3rd pair, and the B's have both Miller and McQuaid.

Once again, pure speculation, but I could see a deal around Hagelin for McQuaid with other pieces involved.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
The Wings Holland is ripped apart in the attached Fanrag article from Franklin Steele in his making the case it's time, long overdue in his opinion, for him to go. Hard to argue against the facts. Get the sense Holland's handling of trying to resign Tatar set Steel off. His comments include:

"He’s been Detroit’s best finisher over the last two campaigns, and it hasn’t been all that close. Yet, Holland is hesitant to give Tatar money and term, despite locking Abdelkader up for seven seasons at a way-too-high cap hit of $4.25 million. How can Glendening be more welcome for Holland than Tatar?

Backing up a drump truck full of money and security for bottom-line players while balking at the reasonable demands of Tatar is just another sign that Holland is incapable of building a winner in the Cap Era. That doesn’t take anything away from what he’s done for the Red Wings, but the time has come to get a fresh set of eyes on this roster."

https://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/red-wings/its-time-for-the-red-wings-to-part-ways-with-ken-holland/

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
The Wings Holland is ripped apart in the attached Fanrag article from Franklin Steele in his making the case it's time, long overdue in his opinion, for him to go. Hard to argue against the facts. Get the sense Holland's handling of trying to resign Tatar set Steel off. His comments include:

"He’s been Detroit’s best finisher over the last two campaigns, and it hasn’t been all that close. Yet, Holland is hesitant to give Tatar money and term, despite locking Abdelkader up for seven seasons at a way-too-high cap hit of $4.25 million. How can Glendening be more welcome for Holland than Tatar?

Backing up a drump truck full of money and security for bottom-line players while balking at the reasonable demands of Tatar is just another sign that Holland is incapable of building a winner in the Cap Era. That doesn’t take anything away from what he’s done for the Red Wings, but the time has come to get a fresh set of eyes on this roster."

https://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/red-wings/its-time-for-the-red-wings-to-part-ways-with-ken-holland/

How about the Leafs? 11.5 M in LTI????

They signed the 2 worst Contracts in Phaneuf & Clarkson totaling over $80 M

Yikes!!!!

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
No Kessels please, yes he has talent to spare but there is a reason this will be the 4 th time he's traded and it's not because he's popular.

He forced his way out but his problem was Claude going back to 2008

Doesn't matter they can't afford him after Pastrnak takes a 700% increase

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I'd easily welcome Kessel back here. As DKH states above, his issue was Clode. Would make for some must watch TV Kessel in a B's uniform vs. Clodes Habs

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Any chance Detroit does a complete rebuild? I'd love Nyquist in a Bruins uniform. Perfect winger for Krejci, smart player as well. Would cost a bundle. IIRC he's signed to a very reasonable contract. Sweeney has the prospects to offer a team looking to jumpstart a rebuild.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Long overdue. I like Holland a lot, but he needs a reset and so do the Wings.

However, I have no idea how likely it is that they make a move. My gut tells me not at all.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I'd easily welcome Kessel back here. As DKH states above, his issue was Clode. Would make for some must watch TV Kessel in a B's uniform vs. Clodes Habs

Clode benching Kessel for Jeremy Reich in game 1 the Bruins would lose in overtime of a 7 game series should have got Claude fired but with Lewis one and done you can't be paying 2 coaches ;)

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Clode benching Kessel for Jeremy Reich in game 1 the Bruins would lose in overtime of a 7 game series should have got Claude fired but with Lewis one and done you can't be paying 2 coaches ;)

Yeah, thanks for reminding me of all the head scratching frustrating line up and in game decisions with Claude. Lol

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
How about the Leafs? 11.5 M in LTI????

They signed the 2 worst Contracts in Phaneuf & Clarkson totaling over $80 M

Yikes!!!!

Didn't you post following the prospect camp that you were signing off for the summer to imerse yourself in baseball fun? Should have know you couldn't stay away for that long. :laugh:

Who did the Leafs have at the helm when the took on those anchors?

In regards to the article, if the relationship has soured do you see value or a likelihood that Tatar would be a target for the Bruins via trade?

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Long overdue. I like Holland a lot, but he needs a reset and so do the Wings.

However, I have no idea how likely it is that they make a move. My gut tells me not at all.

It would be somewhat surprising should the Wings decide to move on from him. Is the passing of Ilitch factor? Not sure how smooth the transition was following his passing or if there are any localities with the any new decision makers.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts

Head scratchers. Thornton for Seguin. I'd take either back at their current cap hits. Skill is skill.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
All kidding aside I feel bad for Habs fans.

What a mess today but their future looks bleak for a few years

The Price & Weber cap hit when they are 38 and 41 years old respectively is over $18 M

This GM Bergevin sold out the Habs for today and they still are a mess

I don't want to see them win a Cup but seeing a franchise I grew up respecting spending years in the top of the draft board not something I'm used to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad