Around the NHL: PTO Season Becomes Waiver Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Has to be sarcasm right? Didn't Vegas let him do the surgery he wanted?

Terry Pegula/Net worth- 6.7 billion USD

It's not even 1% of his net worth. If your net worth was 100k, 1% of that would be $1k.
Numerous other teams outright refused to pursuit a trade because they didn't feel comfortable allowing that surgery. This is another one of these things that has gotten memory holed.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Jage

Oct 29, 2022
Numerous other teams outright refused to pursuit a trade because they didn't feel comfortable allowing that surgery. This is another one of these things that has gotten memory holed.

Add into that the logic that if there is one individual (in this case a team) that allows the player to do something makes it a norm which it doesn't. Far from it.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005

It's not even 1% of his net worth. If your net worth was 100k, 1% of that would be $1k.

It was a significantly more complicated situation on that. The team doctors wanted him to get what is the standard surgery for that type of injury, whereas Jack wanted to get something that was considered fairly experimental. It really didn't have anything to do with how much money ownership is willing to burn.

Aside from the injury though, Jack was already malcontent, as was mentioned in this thread. Honestly it seems like the neck injury was just as much a convenient excuse for him.

Reactions: EichHart

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
It was a significantly more complicated situation on that. The team doctors wanted him to get what is the standard surgery for that type of injury, whereas Jack wanted to get something that was considered fairly experimental. It really didn't have anything to do with how much money ownership is willing to burn.

Aside from the injury though, Jack was already malcontent, as was mentioned in this thread. Honestly it seems like the neck injury was just as much a convenient excuse for him.

I can get behind this but experimental or not Jack should be able to choose his own medical decisions. He will have 40-50 yrs if lucky after hockey.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I can get behind this but experimental or not Jack should be able to choose his own medical decisions. He will have 40-50 yrs if lucky after hockey.
Sure he should..and he did. And teams should be able to listen to their team doctors and say we are not comfortable with this approach when we have X amount of dollars invested in the player..

And they did..and we got a trade where both sides are happy

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse

50 millions dollars is 50 million dollars. Equating it to 1K isn’t fair.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Frank Seravalli: I think that’s the biggest question that I have about the Preds in general, is, what are they trying to accomplish here? Are they trying to rebuild? Are they trying to do this on the fly and become a competitive team again? As I view the Predators and their current roster right now, I’d say that they’re good enough to finish anywhere between, say, eighth and 14th in the West, which is not really any place that you want to be. Could they sneak into the Stanley Cup Playoffs on the back of Juuse Saros again? Probably. But there also is a question to ask about Saros and his future in Nashville, given that they’re ultimately gonna have to re-up him at some point and pay him again.

:popcorn:

Reactions: joshjull

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Now I hate Dallas even more. Go Sam Reinhart, and ONLY Sam Reinhart!

That's on the NHLPA for negotiating a CBA with the league that put that decision in the team's hands.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Hadn't even hit me until just now (and I'm sure it's already been mentioned) but it's Jack vs Sam and Brandon Montour in the Cup Final.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Capture.PNG

The fans have spoken.

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
Isn't this the guy that just got a DWI?

How he going to coach games in Canada? It's been over 15 years since my dwi and I still can't get in to Canada
You can get a TRP (Temporary resident permit).

I was convicted of driving while impaired by alcohol or drugs. Can I enter Canada?

To enter Canada temporarily​

A temporary resident permit (TRP) could allow you to enter Canada temporarily.

To get a TRP:

• you must prove that your reason for travelling to Canada is justified.
  • you’ll have to pay the C$200 processing fee.
There’s no guarantee you’ll be allowed to enter or stay in Canada.

The guarantee of approval is that you're an NHL coach working for a multi-billion dollar sports league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad