Around the NHL: PTO Season Becomes Waiver Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Im glad we got the Knights first round pick last year. It went about as well as we could hope because if they weren't decimated by injuries last year, they likely make the playoffs.

Oh, and if I hear anyone ever claim that injuries aren't an excuse, then Im pointing to the Knights. It's pretty clear that the injuries derailed their season last year.

Yes, it irked me quite a bit when posters on this board hand waved away the impact the injuries had on the Sabres during the 2021-2022 season. Im a petty bastard. I know.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
It would be interesting to see Fitzgerald get his name on a cup after playing a total of like 30 minutes with the Panthers between the regular season and playoffs.

I wonder what the record is for # of former players in a finals matchup. How many do we have? I stop counting after “a shit ton.” Eich, Reinhart, Montour, Fitz, Carrier, Staal, Mcnabb, Dalpe- who am I missing?

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
what's the latest a Stanley Cup series has gone in to the calendar? Christ, game 5 (if necessary) is June 13th!

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Im glad we got the Knights first round pick last year. It went about as well as we could hope because if they weren't decimated by injuries last year, they likely make the playoffs.

Oh, and if I hear anyone ever claim that injuries aren't an excuse, then Im pointing to the Knights. It's pretty clear that the injuries derailed their season last year.

Yes, it irked me quite a bit when posters on this board hand waved away the impact the injuries had on the Sabres during the 2021-2022 season. Im a petty bastard. I know.
You can probably get an Ostlund-caliber player where Vegas will be picking this year, so I'm not sure it makes much of a difference.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
what's the latest a Stanley Cup series has gone in to the calendar? Christ, game 5 (if necessary) is June 13th!

2006 got pushed back cuz of Olympic break to the 20th.

I'm pretty sure they basically plan the finals to have game 7 be on June 16th and have done that quite regularly since the lockout, with a few obvious exceptions.

Reactions: oldgoalie

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
1685555069342.png

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I like that deal for the Oilers if they sign him, as I was hoping Grubbe was going to go back into the draft to be about a 5th rounder as a redraftee. He's a harder player physically than most in the WHL and should see his way forward as a lower line energy guy who applies his size.

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
I liked the teams he built in Calgary, but didn't seem to have the finishing touch to take Calgary to the next level. Depending on what the plan is, if rebuild, or retooling, this could be a decent reset button for Toronto, or a pretty bad hire if they expect him to take them to the next level.
He seemed pretty good at extracting value from RFA signings and generally got pretty favorable contracts, but most of his UFA signings were not so great, and that Huberdeau extension was just woof even before this past season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad