Around the NHL: PTO Season Becomes Waiver Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Tell us Shanahan plans on making all the decisions and be the man in charge, without saying Shanahan plans on making all the decisions and be the man in charge.

Whomever is going to be the next Leafs GM will simply be a figurehead.
I see you already took a figurative jab on one special interviewee

Reactions: joshjull

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Watch the bandits lose, watch the amerks lose, turn on NHL to see 3-0 VGK in the first. Time for basketball I guess. Can't lose if I don't have a dog in the fight

Reactions: joshjull

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Yes, Maurice has 2 good options. Otoh Cassidy isn't obliged to facilitate his choices.

Much as it may pain some of us to admit, today's Eichel is not the Sabres' version. The guy is playing by far the best hockey of his career afaic. Barkov is a beast, but Eichel's puck protection and ability to find the open teammate with a crisp pass right on the tape have been quite impressive.

Really looking forward to this series. (Assuming VGK wraps, of course.)
This isn't even close to peak Eichel just because Vegas is a competitive playoff team he has nowhere near the release/wrist shot that he used to have nor the speed. This 2 way argument is dumb he just plays with an overall better team that covers up mistakes.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Yes, Maurice has 2 good options. Otoh Cassidy isn't obliged to facilitate his choices.

Much as it may pain some of us to admit, today's Eichel is not the Sabres' version. The guy is playing by far the best hockey of his career afaic. Barkov is a beast, but Eichel's puck protection and ability to find the open teammate with a crisp pass right on the tape have been quite impressive.

Really looking forward to this series. (Assuming VGK wraps, of course.)
Eichel isn’t any better. He’s surrounded by much more talent and has better coaching. He also doesn’t have to be the top guy /leader either. All these things have allowed his talent to shine in a way it really couldn’t here.

Last edited:

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Eichel isn’t any better. He’s surrounded by much more talent and has better coaching. He also doesn’t have to be the top guy /leader either. All these things have allowed his talent to shine in a way it really couldn’t hear.
I felt he had more opportunity and produced and showcased his talent more here. What’s different is that the environment was much better in Vegas than here for winning more games.

But I have to laugh at the thought that the prospect of getting better talent and better coaching was not a scenario that would’ve happened here in Buffalo.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Star players should all sign in Buffalo recognizing it as a stepping stone to a cup final. You sign…we trade you for something amazing. You go to the cup. Everyone wins. Well…we still haven’t made the playoffs as we watch RoR, Jack and Sam head to Stanley Cups…but you know…not everyone can win…

I felt he had more opportunity and produced and showcased his talent more here. What’s different is that the environment was much better in Vegas than here for winning more games.

But I have to laugh at the thought that the prospect of getting better talent and better coaching was not a scenario that would’ve happened here in Buffalo.
i me…..he spent six years here and we surrounded him with the talent and coaching to finish last 1/3 of that tIme.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Star players should all sign in Buffalo recognizing it as a stepping stone to a cup final. You sign…we trade you for something amazing. You go to the cup. Everyone wins. Well…we still haven’t made the playoffs as we watch RoR, Jack and Sam head to Stanley Cups…but you know…not everyone can win…

i me…..he spent six years here and we surrounded him with the talent and coaching to finish last 1/3 of that tIme.
And he and that talent carried the team for those years, while playing under horrendous coaching.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
And he and that talent carried the team for those years, while playing under horrendous coaching.

calling it horrendous coaching is giving too much credit to Bylsma, Phail, and Ralphus (Phail was the best coach Eichel had, that is saying something)

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
A team with a ten million dollar player will finally win the cup. There’s a good chance it’s the one with the guy the team with the longest drought in league history gave the deal to.

cool.

cool.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Eichel-Reinhart bowl confirmed.

The hockey gods reeeeaaaaalllllyyyy love to f*** with the Sabres, don’t they?
we must be hitting a nerve.. what's next throw a hurricane at us to .. oh yea... nevermind.

well we're buffalo..lets have the best recipe for all frogs and a gravy of all the puss as we stalk both trophies next year..

eichel is actually the good guy on his team w two cheaty giris in pietrangelo and mark stone ( leadership) . keying oppenents cars when not looking using their sticks as axes both love the slash and run or slew foot and.. RUN AWAY lil girls.. sad way to x a German out of their way they couldn't beat straight up. totally tainted if they win

ive always liked Reinhart and Montour but all these guys needed to wake up and mature

JUST LIKE the management and front office of Buffalo that created this karma for us to endure and the trustafarians on their phones nit appreciating the moment in 99 , my last sad game i attended losing to Dallas w no crowd support like 75..aud.

..i think its exaggerated and it's bullshite but i actually believe all the former sabres have become quite honorable or at least know how to appear that way in their game and in what they are interview ed , buffalo leaves a mark and I'm happy to wish all the best, ror and his bully tard of a brother can eat it. although he generally plays the right way but . thanks for tage .

this will help both teams in the Long wrong to win like men not like sneaky women ( sorry ladies) of stone, pietrangko and thachuk wagon and his whole family..
i think gudas actually plays a style i embrace as he crosses the line w a sense of humor and generally doesn't try to injure..

it not just that you win.. but how you win. and the journey..

the team we have right now can compete w these two and anyone if they take one point to heart w all the lame idiots that had to injure them instead of compete against them.. this series actually vindicates buffalo as much as it is a thorn as all three play hockey the right way . unlike many others and the league..

Embrace the matchup.. look how great we are and will be. Don't boo them kill em w kindness and morally rip them on the ice.. We wanted good hockey back.. We've got it and these three help everyday.. I wish they wanted to fight windmills w us but i understand the strength thet takes abd wish them truly the best. We all just need to save ourselves.. win win..

Last edited:
Reactions: Diaspora

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I don’t really get bothered by ex Sabres doing well. Eichel might be the exception with that interview earlier this year. Even then I fully agree with him. He should have had the right to do what he thought was best with his body. His inability to do so was an embarrassing for this organization.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
I don’t really get bothered by ex Sabres doing well. Eichel might be the exception with that interview earlier this year. Even then I fully agree with him. He should have had the right to do what he thought was best with his body. His inability to do so was an embarrassing for this organization.
To be fair he could have got the surgery if he wanted to here. He wanted Buffalo to take the risk of his contract though.

Reactions: sabremike

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
one more thing.. this matchup was in all of our hands.. supported them more .,been humble and confident , maybe didn't goad eichel who (in his mind and maybe true)! tried two years to win here without front office buy in . it actually brought his team together as nobody can really follow the lazy shite that thinks nothing of injuring a guy not looking, that is Mark stone and just blow up a poster of axe chop and run on draisaitl , who could be proud of that.. .

we had our game.. against Florida.. we lost and like Vegas at home its stinging right now as we'd possibly be here.. As much as it hurts.. Our group knows it could, maybe should be here if they protected themselves from the injuring scum of this league..

I think we'll be just fine.. The amerks are learning they have to protect themselves from everything even bad bounces .. They'll learn next game or next three but our pipeline and our team ...Knows.. and we weren't ready and ka made the right decisions... so far.

nobody will ever help buffalo win anything.. we have to take it . but whoever stays and guts it out doing it the right way . wow , what a feeling. it's true for anything we win , we'll have all earned it

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Easy to have that opinion when you aren't the one who gets to toss $50 million into a bonfire if something goes wrong with the surgery your doctors don't feel comfortable signing off on.

Reactions: ForsbergMoDo21

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
To be fair he could have got the surgery if he wanted to here. He wanted Buffalo to take the risk of his contract though.
They were all kids brought in to Tank land.. Every personality flaw exposed b6 some of THE worst self righteous turds in the media that ever was, as THEY SHOULD all be mocked and driven from town. , YR alright jeff skinner.. .. They weren't saviors or villains, just kids learning the world ain't what they thought..

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
Easy to have that opinion when you aren't the one who gets to toss $50 million into a bonfire if something goes wrong with the surgery your doctors don't feel comfortable signing off on.
They all make too much money ( by design! by our OWNERS,, got to love George Carlin) .. should be WAYYY LESS and tickets should be 20 bucks But we live as slaves on a plantation.. complaining is ridiculous..villafying is moronic. i like tage and tge team more everyday even w a limited framework for self expression.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Has to be sarcasm right? Didn't Vegas let him do the surgery he wanted?

Terry Pegula/Net worth- 6.7 billion USD

It's not even 1% of his net worth. If your net worth was 100k, 1% of that would be $1k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad