Around the NHL: PTO Season Becomes Waiver Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Listening to Friedman and Marek talk about the Hurricanes need for goal scoring, that goal scorers get paid, and I still am mildly amused that RBA still hates on Jeff Skinner so hard, even with Skinner's ES goal production post-Krueger.
Which is comical because Carolina only 5 goals less than Vegas, and their goal scoring structure was similar with both teams as they only had 3 players with 20+ goals each.

That's without taking into account them not having Svechnikov.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
That's certainly part of it, but in the background, the thought that RBA being a jerk about it when Skinner left and to this day is mildly satisfying.
RBA is a dick.

Him sewering Paul Maurice before the series about how "He stripped the captaincy from me and that's not how you treat your guys / veterans and I learned from that. So I actually have to thank him for showing me how to not treat my players as a coach" then his teammate coming out on Marek's show and saying it was from the GM and President that made Maurice do that and give it to Staal.

You could see in the handshake line Brind'amour was trying to talk his ear off and Maurice wasn't having it. So glad they won

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
This has to be first day in a LONG while there hasn't been an NHL playoff, Amerks, or World Championship game on any channel.
Yeah I more meant that it starts to get sparse from about here. And then eventually there’s nothing and for me it’s winter and dark and boring.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Why not have Barkov vs Eichel? Barkov destroyed him every time they were on the ice together here.
Yes, Maurice has 2 good options. Otoh Cassidy isn't obliged to facilitate his choices.

Much as it may pain some of us to admit, today's Eichel is not the Sabres' version. The guy is playing by far the best hockey of his career afaic. Barkov is a beast, but Eichel's puck protection and ability to find the open teammate with a crisp pass right on the tape have been quite impressive.

Really looking forward to this series. (Assuming VGK wraps, of course.)

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Tell us Shanahan plans on making all the decisions and be the man in charge, without saying Shanahan plans on making all the decisions and be the man in charge.

Whomever is going to be the next Leafs GM will simply be a figurehead.
Sounds like a job for na na na na na na na...Bottman!

That would make me a happy man.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I see there is some talk of Chicago trying to jump up to 11OA:

• The Blackhawks aren’t optimistic about their chances to move up from their second first-round pick at No. 19. Even if the Blackhawks package the No. 19 pick and a second-rounder or two, that probably isn’t enough for a team to budge from a top-15 selection. The Vancouver Canucks might be the only team that could make sense. It’s no secret the Canucks are trying to get out of a few contracts this offseason. If the Blackhawks took on one of those contracts and packaged a first- and second-round pick, maybe that would entice the Canucks to trade the No. 11 pick. There should be some really good players left on the board at 11 if the Blackhawks could do that.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
If Dallas wins the next one at home….anything can happen in a game 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad