Around the NHL: PTO Season Becomes Waiver Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Seeing Tkachuk’s impact makes me really want to trade for Crouse.

They should not have touched that trophy.
Last time I thought a team was making too much of the Conference trophy was Vancouver via the Sedins..

As I recall, Boston kicked their ass. lol

Aww, did the Canes get bounced from the ECF because of a weak call? That really breaks my ******* heart.

At least win a damn game before talking about how the refs eliminated you guys, sheesh. It's not like you were in a Game 7 with all your defense hurt.
Still bitter, eh??

Yeah. Me too!

Reactions: oldgoalie

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I must say, my favorite image this playoffs is "deer in headlights" shots of Brind'Amour.

1685003623796.png

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Now I can agree with this

There will be other contenders emerging in the coming years, but we may see a weakening of the Eastern Conference over the next couple of years.

Boston is going to be quite a bit worse when Krejci and Bergeron retire. TB seems to be regressing but should still be solid. Toronto is shifting management, and their core struggles in the playoffs regardless. Florida is looking good, but I don't see Bob playing lights out like he has been this playoff run. Carolina is tough, but they lack elite offensive players.

New Jersey is obviously a big-time threat, but there's no guarantee that they'll hit the peak that TB did, though their future is enticing. Then there are teams on the up and up like Buffalo, Ottawa, etc..

The East can go any which way in the next few years. It's wide open for the taken unlike the past few seasons when TB ran the conference.

They've lost 12 straight conference finals games since that Cup run.
That's only more proof that the hockey gods knew Carolina's run to the cup was fluky. They're going to ensure they never make it out of the conference finals again!

For once, the hockey gods have pleased me. Normally, they love taking jabs at our beloved Buffalo Sabres.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Florida vs Vegas in the cup final? Reinhart or Eichel winning the cup. Always seems like ex-sabres players are winning cups.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
How many playoff teams had no former Sabres on them?
Who knows and who cares. Just making a general observation to NOTABLE players.

Both first line players and one a star. Guys who are part of a losing culture win elsewhere.

Even though the culture is changing here it goes to show the bigger problem is the organization and not the players.

ROR won the Con Smythe after getting traded from the sabres and Eichel has a chance depending on how him and Bobrovsky plays.

The problem is/was the organization.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad