Around the NHL: PTO Season Becomes Waiver Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Never look back. Our future is stellar.

I wish them both well. (If either makes the Final.)

Gary thinks divisional rivalries are best.
I agree they need to do away with those for the playoffs.

The 1980s divisional playoff format sucked (Adams & Norris winners in the Wales / Eastern final, Patrick and Smythe winners in the Campbell / Western final).

Seed 1-8 in each conference. Or guarantee home ice for the division winners up to the Conference finals (if the top seeds win, the division winners won't meet until the conference finals). Even re-seed after each round. Either way, get more cross-division playoffs This year, two Round 1 series in the East and West would have flipped teams under that format. CAR and FLA would have met in the 2nd round and VGK vs SEA with re-seeding and no divisional format.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Nhl network is telling me all about the lack of support Jack had in Buffalo. Meanwhile every former goddamned Sabre has been tearing up the playoffs.

they didn’t have goaltending and they had the worst coaches in history

on ice? We need to drop this narrative.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Hopefully his teammates give him a blanket party, or something close. Captain?? The janitor is probably a better example to follow...whether he/she can skate or not.

I truly hope that the VGK beat the living shit out of the Stars tomorrow night....and that Benn has to wait like 5 months for his suspension to be over.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Nhl network is telling me all about the lack of support Jack had in Buffalo. Meanwhile every former goddamned Sabre has been tearing up the playoffs.

they didn’t have goaltending and they had the worst coaches in history

on ice? We need to drop this narrative.
We had Ullmark and Lehner we had Ristolainen as our top D-man for several years lmao.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

I guess I’m always a bit surprised that Bennett and Gudas “only” weigh about 200 lbs. they play such heavy games, I assume they’re bigger.

Also, hate head injuries but that’s also just.. there’s somethin about fully taking a dude off his feet with a clean hit. Beautiful in the same way bullfighting is?

Anyways, Burns with a cupcheck on Tkachuk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad