Around the NHL: PTO Season Becomes Waiver Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
Kind of knew Dallas was that "pretender" cup team that would win a round or two.

But this series Dallas really showed themselves as frauds. They're making it too easy for Vegas.

And it's the "veterans" that are killing them. Suter in the last game, and Benn today.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
So f***ing dumb from Benn- looks like he was trying to give a subtle extra shot behind the play, but instead a) went full force b) right at the ref’s feet. Uh, everyone saw you do that extra dumb shit Jamie.

Reminds me of the student who went full double birds at another student in my class the other day, just really feeling it in the front row with me staring at him. His excuse is that he’s 10, not sure about Captain dumbass over there.
sorry for my antics that day professor....

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Kind of knew Dallas was that "pretender" cup team that would win a round or two.

But this series Dallas really showed themselves as frauds. They're making it too easy for Vegas.

And it's the "veterans" that are killing them. Suter in the last game, and Benn today.
I kinda hoped Pavelski would get a cup … although it would have been a pity that it also meant Dallas and their other players would get one too.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So I see Domi went dummy on Hague with a crosscheck into the boards to end the second too. Bleh.

Elsewhere... Gallant to be recycled AGAIN?

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I believe the NHL's current playoff bracketing eliminates too many good teams too early in the playoffs. I want to watch a Conference match up that pits the best against the best. Unfortunately, some of those teams are usually eliminated in the 1st round.

Dallas is indeed a Cup pretender. The series isn't even worth my time to watch...

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
I believe the NHL's current playoff bracketing eliminates too many good teams too early in the playoffs. I want to watch a Conference match up that pits the best against the best. Unfortunately, some of those teams are usually eliminated in the 1st round.

Dallas is indeed a Cup pretender. The series isn't even worth my time to watch...

TBH, the western conference was full of pretenders. And Colorado was just a broken mess of a team all season.

Oilers are like the West's version of the Leafs. They're regular season superstars that come up short come playoff time cause their system pushes offense over team defense.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
You know, I think it's a good sign when even though we're seeing our two former main core pieces going on to battle for the cup. That I really am not playing "well that could've been us" in my head. It just was never going to work here considering the structure we had with those two as our #1 and #2 pieces.

I have confidence in where this team is being built and am happy.
Never look back. Our future is stellar.

I wish them both well. (If either makes the Final.)

Gary thinks divisional rivalries are best.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I look at VG/FL finals and wonder how the Sabres will ever make the transition from what they are now to what they need to be in order to win 16 post-season games. Nothing about this hockey resembles the type of hockey the Sabres want to play. Maybe it comes with maturity.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Trying to recall a worse captain's decision in a must-win conference final game in the first few minutes at home, already down a goal.

He should get a 1-2 game suspension as well.
I’m a less restrained person. I would have walked into that lockerroom in front of everyone grabbed his jersey, handed it to the equipment guy and told him to take the letter off.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
It's a shame Florida series is ending so fast. Carolina has deserved a better fate in these games. FLA is being carried by bob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad