Around the NHL: PTO Season Becomes Waiver Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
Shameful dive. Ghost lying on the ice like he was dead costs Florida an EN goal.
Lazy stick from Rhino.

If it hits the face shield it isn't a penalty?

Maybe, but seriously. the theatrics was over-the-top.

I really do think the Ref near him who started looking up ice after the zone exit pass really did just blow the play dead due to suspected injury.

And I don't have sympathy for Carolina, and Brindamour in particular when it comes to embellishing high-sticks. If some of you guys are old enough to remember.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
Striking a name off the list of guys who the Leafs might have in to be new GM -

I mean whomever takes the Leafs job is probably going to have to teardown and rebuild. They are looking at too many huge contracts coming up and their prospects and draft assets are like drops of water in a arizona desert. few and far between.

They are to the point of selling the fanbase that Knies is some second coming of Wendel Clark up there.

If your a top GM candidate would you even want the Leafs GM job right now??

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Florida has no business in these playoffs

An obvious kick is why they are in. Bettman stole our rightful spot so he can further his southern strategy

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I mean whomever takes the Leafs job is probably going to have to teardown and rebuild. They are looking at too many huge contracts coming up and their prospects and draft assets are like drops of water in a arizona desert. few and far between.

They are to the point of selling the fanbase that Knies is some second coming of Wendel Clark up there.

If your a top GM candidate would you even want the Leafs GM job right now??

If the payment package is among the tops in the league, taking a four or five year contract and expecting to get three years on the job and two years of severance would appeal to me. :D

Of the names in the early list, Nonis is one of the guys who has impressed me with more of his work than some of the others.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Bobrovsky has been exceptional, but those Carolina shooters don't exactly strike fear in the hearts of opposing goaltenders. You really do need an elite shooter or two on a cup team. FL has like 3.

Svech and Max Pac being out has been the difference. Would have probably swung at least 1 of the games Carolina's way.

Boo Hoo Carolina, your injuries are going to screw you out of a stanley cup final appearance. I am so sad.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
The ROR trade is the epitome of how team success has bearing on a trade. Saint Louis traded away futures and a couple of spare parts for a guy that won the Conn Smythe and their team won a Cup.

The Blues win this trade until and unless we win a Cup.
That is so far from the truth. ROR was not helping us win a cup, he would have wasted away here. Imagine judging the success of a trade solely on if someone in the trade won a cup in a team sport. This is why win-win trades exist. STL won when they got a cup. Sabres win because they got a 1C out of it.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

:thumbu:

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015

I know Florida was extremely inconsistent during the regular season. But they absolutely stifled us in 3 out of 4 games. The one where they didn’t they were missing Barkov and Bennet.

If they played everyone else as well as they played us, they would have been one of the best teams in the league. Now they are, and it’s showing.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Florida has no business in these playoffs

An obvious kick is why they are in. Bettman stole our rightful spot so he can further his southern strategy
Do you think there is not a miss call or a wrong call florida can point to at any point this year, that cost them a game? Every team gets a couple bad or missed calls every year which affect the outcome of a game. It is unfortunately part of the game. If we go back to change the kicked goal call I am sure florida has a call at some point they would argue should be changed, which puts them back in.

This is why it is important to have a good regular season, so it doesn't come down to one blown call. If it does, that's still on the team for not being better.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I know Florida was extremely inconsistent during the regular season. But they absolutely stifled us in 3 out of 4 games. The one where they didn’t they were missing Barkov and Bennet.

If they played everyone else as well as they played us, they would have been one of the best teams in the league. Now they are, and it’s showing.
It goes to show that getting hot at the right time is so important.

Last year they were the President's Trophy winners and got swept by TB in the second round.

This year they are the WC2 team and are a game away from the SCFs in large part because Bob has been standing on his head and playing significantly better than he did during the regular season.

Random things like getting hot and various forms of luck (injury luck, puck luck, lucky calls, etc.) are factors in how things play out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dingo44

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

Florida also went from having mediocre goaltending pre playoffs to top tier goaltending during the playoffs.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Florida also went from having mediocre goaltending pre playoffs to top tier goaltending during the playoffs.
Funny how terrible Gudas was a couple years back and now the guy everyone wants on their blue line for a run. You could say the same thing about Bob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad