Around the NHL: PTO Season Becomes Waiver Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
So if Tage makes the hall of fame but Sabres still suck it is still a lost trade?
Tage won’t be on the Sabres very long if we suck. They’ll trade him.

I 100% believe they will become a winning organization with Tage and all the pieces we got from Eichel and Reinhart, but it’s too early to say we won a trade. Which is what win win means to me. Both teams won the trade. Sabres still have work to do.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Tage won’t be on the Sabres very long if we suck. They’ll trade him.
You are missing the intention of the question. A trade for you, specifically, Tage, can't be a win-win unless the team is good. Even if Tage is incredible for years it is a lost trade to you?

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
I think it’s obvious the Blues made out better in the trade, so far. The Sabres are happy with the return but they definitely didn’t win. Emphasis on the win.

Win win would be when the Sabres start winning with Tage.

I would say a good win win trade in Buffalo sports was the Bills trading the Mahomes pick to KC. Both teams are winning franchises because of the trade.
The Mahomes pick trade isn't win win yet. Only KC has done the winning... twice.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
You are missing the intention of the question. A trade for you, specifically, Tage, can't be a win-win unless the team is good. Even if Tage is incredible for years it is a lost trade to you?
I think in this case where O’Reilly won a cup, conn Smythe, and became captain the Blues definitely won the trade, as of now. The Sabres have a player that’s had individual success so far.

We’re likely to see a similar situation in Vegas.

Sometimes you lose games you played really well because the other team played better.

For me the Sabres side of the trades of O’Reilly and Eichel are still to be determined.

Reactions: brian_griffin

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
I think in this case where O’Reilly won a cup, conn Smythe, and became captain the Blues definitely won the trade, as of now. The Sabres have a player that’s had individual success so far.

We’re likely to see a similar situation in Vegas.

Sometimes you lose games you played really well because the other team played better.

For me the Sabres side of the trades of O’Reilly and Eichel are still to be determined.
I don't see how team success has any bearing on a trade. You evaluate what is in the trade. Organizations change and are in different positions all the time. ROR is no longer on the team and Tage is our 1C. win-win.

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008
Still hearing about lots of fallout in Toronto re: the Dubas thing. Friedman said he was texted by an active Leafs player that has "no idea" what Matthews is gonna do now that Dubas is gone.

Come play with Tage, Auston.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Still hearing about lots of fallout in Toronto re: the Dubas thing. Friedman said he was texted by an active Leafs player that has "no idea" what Matthews is gonna do now that Dubas is gone.

Come play with Tage, Auston.
Gonna be a fun summer to watch Leafs from afar.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I don't see how team success has any bearing on a trade. You evaluate what is in the trade. Organizations change and are in different positions all the time. ROR is no longer on the team and Tage is our 1C. win-win.
If team success has no bearing on the trade then who wins and loses a trade? The team right?

I think there’s still a chance the trades don’t turn out well for the Sabres.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
If team success has no bearing on the trade then who wins and loses a trade? The team right?

I think there’s still a chance the trades don’t turn out well for the Sabres.
Bottom team with Eichel and ROR, bubble team without. it worked out already. With your logic Sabres have had more team success without them.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Every time I go to the arena I look up and wipe a tear from my eye seeing the “Hasek for Stephane Beauregard champions 1993” banner. I tell you we got so drunk partying off that championship. Barely remember any of it. Named my dog Meehan.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
I wouldn't like ROR's chances of winning the Smythe with Buffalo in 2019 or any year since, FWIW.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

The ROR trade is the epitome of how team success has bearing on a trade. Saint Louis traded away futures and a couple of spare parts for a guy that won the Conn Smythe and their team won a Cup.

The Blues win this trade until and unless we win a Cup.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Bottom team with Eichel and ROR, bubble team without. it worked out already. With your logic Sabres have had more team success without them.
I’m still hesitant. So far Sabres players have overachieved statistically. At least the way I see it. We’re a wide open system with defensive breakdowns. What if we miss the playoffs and they fire Granato? What if the system changes?

Until the Sabres put it all together I’m going to remain hesitant.

Reactions: Diaspora

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Every time I go to the arena I look up and wipe a tear from my eye seeing the “Hasek for Stephane Beauregard champions 1993” banner. I tell you we got so drunk partying off that championship. Barely remember any of it. Named my dog Meehan.
I laughed out while listening to (Neal Schon with the giant afro so he could hit 6-feet tall):

============================
My top-10 all-time NFL running backs:

Top Tier: (no order)
Brown, Payton, Sanders

2nd Tier: (no order)
Earl Campbell, OJ, Dickerson

3rd Tier: (no order)
LT, Marcus Allen, Faulk

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
And some teams regret ever attempting to rebuild in the first place.
What would you have done? We couldn’t win with our top players and they were going to move on. We can’t sign anyone we want. We’re on every NTC list. Rebuilding wasn’t just the right call it was the only option. Be upset every GM and Coach was bad at it. But we were going down either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad