Around the NHL: Post-Draft and Free Agent Frenzy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
RIP to them and condolences to anyone who had any type of relationship with them.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Columbus with another just tragic loss of a player that was still so, so young.

The Blue Jackets can't invest enough in mental health care for everyone in their organization.
Kivlenieks was the first guy i thought of when reading about this TBH. Talk about a bad run of events specifically for them as a club as well as the hockey world in general..

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

The Blue Jackets can't invest enough in mental health care for everyone in their organization.
I have always had a soft spot for them because they remind me so much of my Whalers in countless ways. It's just even more awful in context of Columbus being an unfancied place to get out and then one day the biggest UFA decides "I choose the Jackets". Something good finally happened to a woebegone franchise only to end up an unimaginable tragedy.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I feel like I handle death pretty well. I deal with it a lot at work. Johnny G passing caused my eyes to water a bit. Absolutely tragic and shocking. I can't imagine what his family is going through. Yeah, this one hurts a bit. RIP.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I was reading about it before the news broke.

Back in Chicago, I biked to work everyday. Cars were aggressive, but typically gave bikes space.
When I moved to BFE PA, trying to ride on the road was a completely different story. People were angry at me for merely existing on the road. I pretty much stopped biking then, though, I have been trying to get back into it lately.

When I was googling that county and bike accidents to try to get more news, they have a surprising amount of issues for an area so small.

Watch out of Bikes when on the roads, especially with it being the last holiday weekend of the summer.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Don't drink and drive, people. It's not just about avoiding a ticket and arrest. It's about not harming the lives of the innocent. Johnny and Matthew are gone because someone was negligent and selfish. Now the lives of his wife and children are forever changed. Their sister had them as part of her wedding party that's supposed to take place this weekend, i believe. What should have been a happy family gathering has turned into a tragedy. RIP to both Johnny and Matthew.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I'm shocked. RIP

When will these bastards who get drunk and get behind the wheel, just murderers.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

It's crazy enough that 2 NHL players have died in freak summer accidents in recent memory, and even crazier that they both happened to play for the same team. What a terrible loss that that organization, the guys in the locker room, and -- most of all -- for those players' families.

RIP Johnny Hockey.

I hope they throw the book at the driver who killed him and his brother. It's tragic enough how many cyclists are killed by negligent or outright hostile drivers every year, and even more tragic how few of them get any sort of justice. Hopefully the high-profile nature of this particular case puts some spotlight on the issue.

Reactions: Jim Bob

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Don't drink and drive, people. It's not just about avoiding a ticket and arrest. It's about not harming the lives of the innocent. Johnny and Matthew are gone because someone was negligent and selfish. Now the lives of his wife and children are forever changed. Their sister had them as part of her wedding party that's supposed to take place this weekend, i believe. What should have been a happy family gathering has turned into a tragedy. RIP to both Johnny and Matthew.

Oh jeez. The sister's planned wedding adds another level of tragedy to this. Imagine you've looking forward to a big family celebration like that, and then this happens. f***ing hell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad