Around the NHL: Post-Draft and Free Agent Frenzy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

12. Despite heavy interrogation, Nečas avoided specifics on which teams talked to him: “I’ll be honest, there were lots.” He did confirm Columbus and Winnipeg were serious, and some Hurricanes worked him hard to stay. “I love the guys in Carolina. Great chemistry off the ice.”
Well, no confirmation that the Sabres were in on him.

21. Didn’t get a chance to ask Daly about Ryan Johansen, whose contract can be terminated by Philadelphia. He’s got $8M remaining. Agent Kurt Overhardt is preparing for a fight, and the Flyers wouldn’t pursue this without a behind-the-scenes wink from the NHL.

I don’t like to question injuries, especially since anyone who's played 905 games (like Johansen) is guaranteed to have legitimate ones. I’m told the key will be everyone navigating how he went from not missing games and practices in Colorado to how he was unable to play for either Philadelphia or AHL Lehigh Valley. The timing is a little weird, which probably has something to do with video of Johansen dancing at his wedding. Again, I wouldn’t try to handicap this, except for saying the NHL and NHLPA hate risking precedent from an arbitrator, so a settlement is always the preference without an air-tight case.

:popcorn:

His wedding video as evidence would be interesting.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

The Los Angeles Kings have signed goaltender Erik Portillo to a three-year entry-level contract, it was announced Sunday.

The Goteborg, Sweden native was selected by the Kings in the third round (No. 67 overall) in the 2019 NHL Draft.

Who's going to tell them?

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
IMG_1508.jpeg

Matvei Petrov going in the exact opposite direction as Konsta Helenius’ tape job.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

He has what Josh Gorges had - no cartilage just bone on bone from previous reporting by both CJ and EF.

Reactions: Jim Bob

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Not a ton of insight into why he told the Jets he wouldn't sign with them.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I know we aren’t allowed to talk about unconfirmed rumors of stuff outside outside the hockey rink but there’s one going around right now that I really really hope isn’t true.

But it isn’t looking good

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
I know we aren’t allowed to talk about unconfirmed rumors of stuff outside outside the hockey rink but there’s one going around right now that I really really hope isn’t true.

But it isn’t looking good
It’s confirmed by CBJ on twitter, horrible news

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Just awful. 2 young kids and his sister’s wedding this weekend.

My friend mentioned Kevin Hayes also tragically losing his best friend. Awful in so many ways.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad