Around the NHL: Post-Draft and Free Agent Frenzy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Woke up this morning, made my coffee and was putting my shoes on to go to work when I randomly decided to check Facebook and someone shared TSN's story of Johnny's passing (and his brother). I audibly gasped and muttered "No way".

What a freaking tragedy.

I feel for a LOT of people involved, but especially their sister. Her wedding, whenever it occurs, will ALWAYS have the death of her brothers associated with it.

Reactions: Willgamesh

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
RIP Johnny.
200.webp

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I can't imagine what his wife and kids are going through. Just unreal.
their parents too, losing 2 sons at the same time.

And their poor sister(s) on the eve of her wedding, a day that’s supposed to be one of the happiest moments in your life.

Such a senseless tragedy that has devastated so many lives, all because some a-hole chose to drink and drive.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Saw the rumors at 2am when I got up for work and was praying all day it would be false info. When I got home from work I hugged my wife and kid so hard she was scared and asked what was wrong with me. There's a pit in my stomach on this one, such a tragedy. I pray for their loved ones and wish them solace however that can possibly come. I'll comment no further on the matter. RIP

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
The main board thread on this is a cess pool. Recommend staying away. Wish I didn't read it.

Terrible tragedy. God Bless that family with what they are going through.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Drunk. Passing on the right. On this rural road, near this intersection. Such a senseless loss of two fine young men.

My heart breaks for their parents and sister. His children will be too young to understand why daddy won't be coming home.

RIP Johnny Hockey.

1725038483578.png

Reactions: Dubi Doo

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
This is horrible. RIP

I'm trying to draw the picture in my head of the maneuver the driver tried to do. So he passed the first car by going to the left lane, then swerved across to pass on the right shoulder? In the middle of the night? Like seriously wtf.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
This is horrible. RIP

I'm trying to draw the picture in my head of the maneuver the driver tried to do. So he passed the first car by going to the left lane, then swerved across to pass on the right shoulder? In the middle of the night? Like seriously wtf.

The way I read this, there were two cars that moved from the right lane to the left lane because they were coming up on the two cyclists. The guy that hit them was likely driving fast in the left lane, was frustrated at the slower vehicles in the left lane, and swerved into the right lane to pass them and struck the two cyclists.

Impatience, and potentially drunk driving, was deadly in this case.

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
Woke up this morning, made my coffee and was putting my shoes on to go to work when I randomly decided to check Facebook and someone shared TSN's story of Johnny's passing (and his brother). I audibly gasped and muttered "No way".

What a freaking tragedy.
I was sitting next to my wife reading the news and saw "Gaudreau was" in a headline and I was thinking surely not? For me it was an audible "oh" of shock. Not what I was expecting to see this morning. About 5 minutes later my wife had to ask "what oh".

How horrible for everyone and so sad.

Last edited:

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Reading how the accident happened is just so infuriating. Guy decides to pass two cars ahead of him, as he passes one, the car in the front sees the bikers and moves to the center to give the bikers space, and this drunken idiot decides to pass that guy on his RIGHT...hitting the bikers from behind.

Such a needless loss of life. So much pain and suffering for their families all because this idiot not only got drunk and then made and absolutely mind-numbing decision.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I'll take the backlash but I don't think right now is the time to just pile on this idiot for what he did. I don't believe he went out yesterday and thought this would be the outcome. If he really had 5 beers, I don't think that he's much different than plenty of drivers, unfortunately.

He's probably in a world of hurt, personally, right now and realizing that his life is essentially over.

I'd much prefer to see people talking about harsher sentences for DUIs or remembering Gaudreau and his family than wasting time trying to belittle a guy who is already in the hands of justice.

It's not like Henry Ruggs where he denied he had been drinking, was driving with a woman who demanded that first responders help them out for minor injuries over the lady and dog burning alive beside her, and had to be restrained physically at the hospital to get a blood draw because he wouldn't own up to his actions.

I want this guy to go to prison forever, but I don't gain anything from wishing him death or something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad