Around the NHL: Post-Draft and Free Agent Frenzy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I'm reminded of this -

"...Susan."

yes, this exactly. Just call him the same name every podcast and accept no corrections. Next podcast its a different butchering. Then its something completely out of left field. Then have him issue an apology, and still pronounce it wrong.

They really need to tiptoe around Marek. Can't even say he has big shoes to fill or anything.

I'm interested to see where Marek ends up.

With the huge influx of gambling cash, I can't imagine any network will add someone that will make their sponsors nervous. The reality is, no one was allowed to bet on 1st round picks within 24 hours of the draft, so its not like he was selling insider info. And I am 100% certain he wasn't the only insider leaking info on draft day, plenty of picks are called on twitter before they get to the platform.

My guess is he takes whatever severance he got, spends part of the year spending time with his family, and returns at some form (even if its just a podcast with him and a buddy he wanted to work with) sometime around mid season.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
He is so annoying
I'm no fan of either Friedman or Marek but it's a good podcast if you want reliable, informative news.

Doubt it will change much to be honest. Friedman will still be a bit of a creep, new guy won't be any more annoying than Marek making weird noises all the time. HMMMM...

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Reactions: ForsbergMoDo21

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

:thumbd:

Larsson is a guy I would have been excited to see as a partner for Power.

It is going to be fascinating to see how this plays out.

Francis/Botts have signed a lot of old guys to long term contracts. Larsson is already 31. I'm not sure there is any plan. They had one good season as a result of a very high shooting percentage and then that went away and they were back to bad. I'm also not sure they know how to develop their young players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad